As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

American Gladiators? Seriously?

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh, that I fully understand.

I just laughed when she stepped on that contestant last night and shrugged it off.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Crush is probably tough as nails but there are other broads on that show that would be more punishing. I'd rather be stepped on by her than fucking HELLGA.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Butters wrote: »
    I would never lose a fight to a woman. I'll cheat.

But yeah I knew she was into MMA. She's not that big though. 5'8" 140

Cheating or not, I'm pretty sure she would fuck most anyone here up in a fight. I know if I pissed her off, I'd run.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Crush is probably tough as nails but there are other broads on that show that would be more punishing. I'd rather be stepped on by her than fucking HELLGA.

Hellga is just.....yea.

Do we have the stats on her? And what her name was before the surgery?

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Critical wrote: »
    I would never lose a fight to a woman. I'll cheat.

But yeah I knew she was into MMA. She's not that big though. 5'8" 140

Cheating or not, I'm pretty sure she would fuck most anyone here up in a fight. I know if I pissed her off, I'd run.

If I got in shape I wouldn't be too scared. Men are just plain better at grappling but in the state I am now...yeah I wouldn't fuck with her.

EDIT: According to NBC Hellga is 6'1" 205. That is a lot of broad.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Butters you must be joking.

Despite how "in shape" you get, there is a very very good reason she kicks asses for a living and you do not.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Also, just once, I want one of the contenders to...as the whistle is about to blow... turn to Toa and ask him: "Do you think you can get me The Rock's autograph?" and then run like hell.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Javen wrote: »

Despite how "in shape" you get, there is a very very good reason she kicks asses for a living and you do not.

She kicks female asses for a living. If I got in shape I would easily have 20 pounds on her. That is a lot for a woman to give up.

Butters on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008

She kicks female asses for a living. If I got in shape I would easily have 20 pounds on her. That is a lot for a woman to give up.

Andy Kaufman called.

He said what's up and do you want to hang out next Saturday.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    sarukun wrote: »

Andy Kaufman called.

He said what's up and do you want to hang out next Saturday.

See that actually kind of proves my point. Andy never did lose to any of the women.

I would never take on a female boxer as I would definitely get my ass kicked no matter how hard I trained. But I think I would hold my own grappling a woman I have a considerable size advantage over.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Until she pulls some technique that you have no defense for other than being strong.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    See that actually kind of proves my point. Andy never did lose to any of the women.

I would never take on a female boxer as I would definitely get my ass kicked no matter how hard I trained. But I think I would hold my own grappling a woman I have a considerable size advantage over.

That's largely because they were hired by him to drive other people nuts with that exact fact. It was part of the joke.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Until she pulls some technique that you have no defense for other than being strong.

It's tough to out grapple someone when they are that much stronger than you. I am not saying I would win but I think I would hold my own. I've had to wrestle women (never in regulation) before in high school and there wasn't much any of them could do to me. When you reach a certain level, the difference is just too great to over compensate for. I know of one girl in Ohio that's been able to clinch a winning season and although she's good, it's really only because she's 103 pounder. If she went up to 112 she'd be screwed.

Butters on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    This

elitexc-0702-carano-kedzie.jpg

sure as hell doesn't look like "grappling" to me.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Good luck getting into a good grappling position with an expert at kickboxing

Javen on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    That's not the position I'd want to get her in anyway.

:winky:

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Backside kimora into a reverse cowgirl.....

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    lets talk about the best way to beat up women

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »

Kick em in the cunt.

Butters on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »

Go for their sense of self-esteem and self-worth. Bonus points for tears.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    butters...gina is one of the top MMA female fighters. even if you had 20 pounds on her, she would fuck your ass up unless you trained hardcore for at least a few years.

oh yeah, and the thing about grappling is, size doesn't mean shit if the person is skilled. an armbar will still fuck you up no matter how big you are. as will an ankle lock.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    She'd kill you like Xenia Onatopp in Goldeneye.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Nogs wrote: »
    butters...gina is one of the top MMA female fighters. even if you had 20 pounds on her, she would fuck your ass up unless you trained hardcore for at least a few years.

oh yeah, and the thing about grappling is, size doesn't mean shit if the person is skilled. an armbar will still fuck you up no matter how big you are. as will an ankle lock.

Maybe so. I still say 20 pounds to a man is a lot to give up though I didn't know she was one of the best. I figured she just had a slight background in it and got into American Gladiators because she's hot.

EDIT: Oh and you are being stupid if you say size doesn't mean shit. There is a reason they have weight classes in that shit now, duder.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    She's got a Muay Thai record of 12-1 with an MMA record of 5-0.

She's also a bit of an camera whore, though, explaining her involvement in American Gladiators and Fight Girls

Javen on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    If it's just grappling and no striking and the two people are of approximately equal skill level, then yeah, 20 pounds is gonna make a difference. But if the smaller person is an experienced fighter and the other is just "in shape", the weight difference probably isn't gonna be an issue.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    She's also a bit of an camera whore, though, explaining her involvement in American Gladiators and Fight Girls

I don't have any problem with her being in front of a camera.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Maybe so. I still say 20 pounds to a man is a lot to give up though I didn't know she was one of the best. I figured she just had a slight background in it and got into American Gladiators because she's hot.

EDIT: Oh and you are being stupid if you say size doesn't mean shit. There is a reason they have weight classes in that shit now, duder.

weight doesn't mean shit when compared to skill in grappling. yeah there are weight classes because they are fighting professionally and are all roughly the same skill level.

now if it was a professional grappler that weighs 140 vs. some schmo on the street that weighs 180. the grappler will almost always win.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Muay Thai is all about striking with very little grappling, which means she's had extensive training on how to avoid grappling situations.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    The Geek wrote: »
    If it's just grappling and no striking and the two people are of approximately equal skill level, then yeah, 20 pounds is gonna make a difference. But if the smaller person is an experienced fighter and the other is just "in shape", the weight difference probably isn't gonna be an issue.

Well I'd be in shape and have 13 years of wrestling experience under my belt. Made it to states, almost twice.

EDIT: I don't watch or know that much about MMA but it seems to me the best ones are the grapplers. Cotour or whatever his name is wins against guys half his age because of his grappling skills.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Well I'd be in shape and have 13 years of wrestling experience under my belt. Made it to states, almost twice.

EDIT: I don't watch or know that much about MMA but it seems to me the best ones are the grapplers. Cotour or whatever his name is wins against guys half his age because of his grappling skills.

well, see, i didn't know that about you. how long have you been out of wrestling? I still think you would have to do more then 'get in shape'. Like how to handle fighting on your feet.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008

well, see, i didn't know that about you. how long have you been out of wrestling? I still think you would have to do more then 'get in shape'. Like how to handle fighting on your feet.

I've done a little martial arts (red belt in Taekwondo) but not much. But the whole idea for me would be to take the fight to the ground. Taekwondo is pretty crappy for combat.

I've been out of competition a while but I got back into it a lot last year coaching my brother.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Wrestling was fun as hell. I wasn't super great at it, but still lots of fun.

I loved far-side cradles. Pinned 3 guys in a row at a tournament with it.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    My brother is 6'1", lanky, yet stronger then shit. He had a fucking killer far-side. I wish he would have had my coach in high school. The program really went south shortly after I graduated and he really could have been great with better coaching and better competition on his team.

Butters on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2008
    I have a second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. It's the most useless martial art imaginable for anything other than fancy dancing. If someone tried to fancy dance me in an alley, I'd be so set.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Ha ha ha yea! I agree. My instructor was big on Hopkido and integrating some of it into his teaching but taekwondo sparring is a sport more than anything.

Butters on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Hapkido.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Larlar wrote: »
    I have a second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. It's the most useless martial art imaginable for anything other than fancy dancing. If someone tried to fancy dance me in an alley, I'd be so set.

westSideStory.jpg

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    No. The jets and sharks are tougher than most taekwondo blackbelts.

Butters on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2008
    The guy on the left looks like an inbred child of the other two guys.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Holy sweet jesus Crush is smokin' hot.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112