Options

[WoW] Forumers? IN MY CHAT THREAD? BAN THEM ALL!

• Options
    galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Little Jim wrote: »
    galenblade wrote: »
    Also, Hurricaners in here. What the fuck. No, really. What the fuck.

man if you're talking about the raiding change it has been a long time coming

I must have shit out at least 500g in mana pots for al'ar this summer

goddamn

Yeah, but srsly. Stopping raiding because of a lack of focus? How is that meant to improve focus? Especially since there's been progress lately, and entire new farmable instance to get t5 equivalent gear to help along?

Rabble rabble rabble.

galenblade on
    linksig.jpg
  • Options
    Chad SexingtonChad Sexington Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    CJTheran wrote: »
    galenblade wrote: »
    Cripes, Theran still plays? I only knew him in-game, but that was like two years ago. I know two years doesn't mean much in a community like this but...Nerds, lol.

Holy shit, Chadd?

Holy fuck chadd

I still have bags made by Chadd

He was a G&T goon before being a Dark Iron goon, eye-em-oh.

(Wow, Ham where have you been? I thought you had died or something.)

Yes. Well, both my G&T days and my Dark Iron days were in the long long ago. Small internet world though, huh?

Chad Sexington on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2007
    So Ravenholdt, FERP. Epic.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    So Ravenholdt, FERP. Epic.

Are they still doing the imp ERP or have they moved on yet?

Seg on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I.... wow.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So I did heroic BF last night and no one in the group had done it before.

We got raped by the felguards. One just flexed its muscles at me and I dropped dead.

But we got our shit together and just never let them hit. Fun stuff!

The epic shoulders dropped too. It's a shame they're such crap, but I got a void crystal out of it. So that's good.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You were talking about the Furry Exotic RP that can be found on Ravenholdt weren't you?

Seg on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I dropped Blacksmithing on my Paladin and picked up Engineering. Got to 330 in a couple hours. Cool stuff.

I'm thinking going Gnomish for the odd factor with all the trinkets. Any good reason why Goblin would be better?

Nova_C on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Yeah that wouldn't work on my Rogue, like, at all.

Alternatively, I've been described by my own teammates as "the type of fucker I hate most".

To paint a picture, I'm patient enough that I'll stealth across an entire BG field. I don't have anything improving my movement speed aside from a boot enchant. I'm perfectly happy letting the rest of the team screw around, kill people and whatnot (don't get me wrong, I'll hop into a fray along with them), but I'll wait. And wait. Like a hunter in a hide, I wait to strike. Flag carriers, people at low health, healers in back, death (or stunlocking while the team converges upon me) await them all.

A lot of rogues (possibly better ones than I) will do the whole "run/ride around, dismount->stealth->engage" bit.

But with me on the field? I could be anywhere. I'll disappear for minutes at a time, and if I find you, you most likely won't see it coming.

Have I mentioned lately that back when AV first started, during lengthy stalemates I'd begin conducting psychological warfare against the Horde?

Good times.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Seg wrote: »
    You were talking about the Furry Exotic RP that can be found on Ravenholdt weren't you?

Yeah... but Imps...

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    What's with all the beef against Rogues? I get turned down when people want dps/cc (Sap isn't crowd control, apparently, and yes I made sure it was an instance where Sap was effective), and the rest of the time people are just "oh whoa whoa, ranged DPS > melee DPS sorry!"

Is the latter really true all that often?

I'm pretty sure I've addressed this at length in the past, but the short answer is "Yes".

The standing of DPS warriors has improved greatly in the past year, but Rogues have always been as they are today; overpopulated and underappreciated.

Forar on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Forar wrote: »
    What's with all the beef against Rogues? I get turned down when people want dps/cc (Sap isn't crowd control, apparently, and yes I made sure it was an instance where Sap was effective), and the rest of the time people are just "oh whoa whoa, ranged DPS > melee DPS sorry!"

I'm pretty sure I've addressed this at length in the past, but the short answer is "Yes".

The standing of DPS warriors has improved greatly in the past year, but Rogues have always been as they are today; overpopulated and underappreciated.

Yeah and I don't see that perspective changing anytime soon. Even though Rogues have been given some amazing utility to provide groups, there will always be a negative stigma associated with the class. You see the same thing with Ret Paladins.

The funny thing that kind of baffles me is that there are more Hunters and Warriors than there are Rogues these days, yet neither of those classes carry the negative connotation that the Rogue class does. O_o

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, everyone secretly hopes the warrior will tank. And hunters have zomg traps!

I blame the Rogue hate on there being too many, and a majority of them being retarded.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The funny thing that kind of baffles me is that there are more Hunters and Warriors than there are Rogues these days, yet neither of those classes carry the negative connotation that the Rogue class does. O_o

"Huntard". It's there, but getting some hefty buffs recently oughta help the public's perception, even if it's just the retards who clamour over who the FOTM build/class is. "OMG Hunters are OP! ... let's get more of them onboard. Is 3 enough for a 5 man?"

Forar on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Yeah and I don't see that perspective changing anytime soon. Even though Rogues have been given some amazing utility to provide groups, there will always be a negative stigma associated with the class. You see the same thing with Ret Paladins.

Well...

When a Warrior ganks you, he pretty much runs up into your face and kills you to death.

When a Hunter ganks you, it's all pewpew goddamnit WHY CANT I GET CLOSE TO YOU and then you die.

When a Rogue ganks you, it's because you are right in the middle of fighting and HOLY FUCK STUN OH GOD POT YES YESS GODDAMN YOU MOTHER FUCKER FUCK I GOT YOUR ASS TAKOHSHIT VANISH FUCK YOU YOU COWARD PIECE OF SHIT OHGOD NOT AGAIN FUCK YOUR UNDEAD/NELF ASS FUCK YOU DEAD YOU SONOVABITCH.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Well...

When a Warrior ganks you, he pretty much runs up into your face and kills you to death.

When a Hunter ganks you, it's all pewpew goddamnit WHY CANT I GET CLOSE TO YOU and then you die.

When a Rogue ganks you, it's because you are right in the middle of fighting and HOLY FUCK STUN OH GOD POT YES YESS GODDAMN YOU MOTHER FUCKER FUCK I GOT YOUR ASS TAKOHSHIT VANISH FUCK YOU YOU COWARD PIECE OF SHIT OHGOD NOT AGAIN FUCK YOUR UNDEAD/NELF ASS FUCK YOU DEAD YOU SONOVABITCH.

:lol:

Thank you for that Transporter, you just made my morning.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Well, everyone secretly hopes the warrior will tank. And hunters have zomg traps!

I blame the Rogue hate on there being too many, and a majority of them being retarded.

Also, reputation from pvp servers, particularly pre-TBC, and especially in the first 6-12 months, when a rogue with a decent weapon or two scaled remarkably well, and ate a lot of classes alive.

There's a reason we were among the last (tied with Shaman actually, but as Alliance, I can't really speak to them directly) of the classes to be reviewed, and were in fact directly or indirectly nerfed a number of times in the year after release. Blizzard stated several times that they felt we were among the most well tuned classes compared to what they wanted, and mostly just had to correct things here and there when gear, itemization or something else would begin to break us out of that mould.

Forar on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    Most probably he invite a lot of people at the same time and then as soon as the first one accepted he left the group so you became the *leader* but the invite's are still handed out wich means you'll get a lot of people in your group

Aaaah. That sounds very likely. Guess panic mode is over then.

That post sounded very scary, glad to see it had a logical explanation.

CJTheran wrote: »
    Holy fuck chadd

I still have bags made by Chadd

Heh this reminds me of how I still have one or two bags floating around on alts made by JAEF's warlock from the first week or two of Emerald Dream. It'd be amusing if crafted stuff had a date attached too.

I also still have the little six-slot Kodo Hide Bag my druid made. I felt so cool back then, making my own BAG.

Have I mentioned lately that back when AV first started, during lengthy stalemates I'd begin conducting psychological warfare against the Horde?

<3

riz on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    riz wrote: »

<3

<3

It mostly involved sapping (I had imp sap at this point before I started spec'ing purely for raid dps) people and leaving them alone. Then wandering off, and then coming back and sapping them again, or someone else.

I'd see priests, warlocks and mages blow entire mana bars aoe'ing all over while trying to find me. Getting warriors who weren't in Berzerker stance? Glorious. Using perception or an innately higher stealth level to nab other rogues? Nearly climax inducing. I wouldn't even bother trying to kill them, and given that most of this activity was often "behind enemy lines", attacking probably would've just led to my death.

But from what I could garner from my opposition, it was really, really annoying.

On the other hand, some of my favourite moments in pvp were when we'd settle on an unspoken truce with some individuals or groups.

Last week, my guild crew got into a WSG that happened to contain some horde from the server. One of them is a re-roll'd mage of someone who has a 70 priest and paladin, and used to belong to said guild. She (according to what I've been told) was a horrific bitch in regards to one of the other wsg participants joining the guild, and nearly had him blocked from joining for no reason anyone ever found out (also, upon his joining, she /gquit and rerolled, taking a significant investment of gear with her). So when we were up to 2/0 in flag caps, we decided to just start killing her and her alone. Other Horde that attacked died as well, but we had a troll priest dancing in the graveyard (we danced with her) and an undead priest that'd go grab our flag, 'walk' back along the field, and then drop it in front of one of our members, and then 'walk' back to the flagroom. We left him alone too.

Her, we murdered mercilessly for a good 10 or 20 minutes.

On a more peaceful note, I've also found a Tauren druid stealthed up in one of the FW base towers, minding his own business while the alliance group pillaged and engaged the warmasters (this was in, oh, 2006). Rather than fighting him, he, my nelf hunter, and a couple other alliance just kind of sat down and watched the carnage and chaos below. It was kind of zen. We'd swap jokes, emotes and just kinda hung out.

If I get into an AB where the alliance is being herded into their last GY and a 5-cap is imenent (that simply can NOT be spelt correctly), I'll often sneak past, wander off to the farm, and dance with the person there. Ocassionally they want to fight, and that's fine by me. If they win, it's a little honour, which the poor sap guarding the stables/farm usually misses out on. If not, meh, 1 kill for me. But often it's the same deal, as we'll just hang out, emote and have fun. Sometimes I'll open with a sap, and then punch them for 20 or 50 damage to break them out of it, and unstealthing me, and see if they're a good sport about it.

Forar on
  • Options
    FFFF Once Upon a Time In OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    On a more peaceful note, I've also found a Tauren druid stealthed up in one of the FW base towers, minding his own business while the alliance group pillaged and engaged the warmasters (this was in, oh, 2006). Rather than fighting him, he, my nelf hunter, and a couple other alliance just kind of sat down and watched the carnage and chaos below. It was kind of zen. We'd swap jokes, emotes and just kinda hung out.

I remember doing something like this back when South Shore and Tarren Mill were the "only" PvP. I remember being bored with the same ol' same ol' and setting up a camp fire in that ruined tower. First it was just myself and another alliance bullshitting around, then we had a couple of other alliance and a few random horde. All just sitting by the fire, or doing /silly etc.

Good times.

FF on
    Huh...
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    30 second cooldown on Earth Shield? Spiteful, stubborn, and idiotic.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So I logged in this morning to make some potions for tomorrow's raid. Our Guild message of the day was:

Rogue sappin' mah Sentry Totem!
    30 second cooldown on Earth Shield? Spiteful, stubborn, and idiotic.

What?????!!1

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Here.

No mention of dispel resistance or immunity. I'm not even going to try anymore. I give up.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    What.

What.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Back when I played Alliance, there was a time in AV where Horde always defended Drek. Almost every single game they would stop our entire offensive push there, which would in turn lead to a turtle. I was so tired of it, that one time I stealthed up there.

A bunch of Horde were standing on those spikes sticking out from the ground over the hill in front of Drek's room. So I stealth onto an unoccupied spike, unstealth and start dancing with them.

There was a good 20 Horde there, and instead of the instant death, they all started dancing with me. One Horde attacked me and was berated by everyone else (I Have no idea what they were saying but there were yells, and the guy stopped attacking me), this lasted for a good 10 or 15 minutes. Eventually more Alliance came for a second push, and I just watched as the Horde defense slaughtered them, all while I danced atop the Spikes. I got several tells from Alliance along the lines of "WTF!?!". Good times.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Level my 50 Rogue to 70, or...
    Start a new Tauren Shammy, or...
    Start a new Mage of some race.

Discuss.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What.

What.

What indeed.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    A'yup. MMO-Champion sez:
    Quote from: Salthem (Source)
    Druids

* Lifebloom: When this ability is refreshed it will take on the strength of the incoming Lifebloom effect, rather than maintain the existing strength.

Mages

* Conjure Mana Gem mana restore variance substantially reduced,(Rank 5 – Emerald) now restores 2340 to 2460 mana and has three charges.
    * Icy Veins (NEW Frost Talent) decreases casting time of all spells by 20% and increases the chance your chilling effects will freeze the target by 10%. Lasts 20 sec. 3 min cooldown. It is now in the Cold Snap position in the talent tree.

Rogues

* Hemorrhage weapon damage reduced from 125% to 110%, but the damage debuff has been increased.
    * Shadowstep now awards 1 combo point.

Shaman

* Earth Shield (Restoration) mana cost reduced, now it has a 30 second cooldown.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    a penguina penguin Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The Lifebloom nerf is because I spec'd resto.

Sorry, guys.

time to level my hunter...

a penguin on
    This space eventually to be filled with excitement
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Halfmex wrote: »
    A'yup. MMO-Champion sez:
    Quote from: Salthem (Source)
    Druids

* Lifebloom: When this ability is refreshed it will take on the strength of the incoming Lifebloom effect, rather than maintain the existing strength.

Mages

* Conjure Mana Gem mana restore variance substantially reduced,(Rank 5 – Emerald) now restores 2340 to 2460 mana and has three charges.
    * Icy Veins (NEW Frost Talent) decreases casting time of all spells by 20% and increases the chance your chilling effects will freeze the target by 10%. Lasts 20 sec. 3 min cooldown. It is now in the Cold Snap position in the talent tree.

Rogues

* Hemorrhage weapon damage reduced from 125% to 110%, but the damage debuff has been increased.
    * Shadowstep now awards 1 combo point.

Shaman

*Fuck Shaman.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    BEASTS TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT

Unknown User on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Isn't the Earth Shield cooldown sort of what happened to Prayer of Mending months ago? The priest class was not destroyed... >.>

riz on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    "Just keep buffing Shadowstep! Someone will take it seriously eventually!"

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    "Just keep buffing Shadowstep! Someone will take it seriously eventually!"

"Lets nerf the fuck out of the one useful sub tree talent that actually got people to spec in the tree, then we'll make it so the useless-as-shit 41 pointer now generates a CP! You see, it doesn't matter because no one is going to spec up to it anyways! Brilliant!"

"Well I think we can call it a day, tomorrow we'll buff Hunters some more, my son really loves playing that class and he actually died in a BG yesterday."

Oh and rumor is that the debuff is getting increased from 36 to 37. I doubt it's true, but if it is, :lol:.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Isn't the Earth Shield cooldown sort of what happened to Prayer of Mending months ago? The priest class was not destroyed... >.>

Didn't stop people QQing like it was, though. I don't really get the change to Earth Shield. Is it that hard to eat through in arena?

exis on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    they should have just buffed crusader strike from 110% weapon damage to 125% weapon damage instead of nerfing hemo <_<

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Earth Sheild is our 41 point talent.

It's already laughably dispellable, since shaman have all of ONE buff on them at any given time in PVP.

And now they are shitting on the last useful aspect of it, the PVE side.

I'd say this is pretty fucking disgusting.

Transporter on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    The additional 1 combo point for Shadowstep is like, completely useless. If you're not using Premed on the same target, you're closer to 5CPs but you still have to wait on an energy tick to get there, let alone use them. If you are using Premed, ... well okay, Premed + Shadowstep + Ambush now produces 5 combo points. I guess that's pretty silly. ... in PvP. :|

In PvE it's a "push button, receive combo point" macro every 30 seconds, which is a retardedly long cooldown. I wish they'd put it back to 20, because at least then it was relevant in grinding and I don't think the ten seconds completely breaks PvP or anything.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    exis wrote: »

Didn't stop people QQing like it was, though. I don't really get the change to Earth Shield. Is it that hard to eat through in arena?

When they're wearing 400+ resilience? A resto shaman is fucking hard to kill. They also have a talent has a hefty chance to restore a significant amount of life when they're below 30%, which is on a 5 second (as I recall) cooldown.

Seriously. Well geared and well played, they're goddamned annoying. Elemental and enhancement, however, go down like me when drunk... as a prom date. I got nuttin'.

Also, I finally met a disc priest in an AB the other day. Those bitches take forever to kill.

Forar on
This discussion has been closed.