Options

[WoW] Forumers? IN MY CHAT THREAD? BAN THEM ALL!

• Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    riz wrote: »
    Isn't the Earth Shield cooldown sort of what happened to Prayer of Mending months ago? The priest class was not destroyed... >.>

Earth Sheild is our 41 point talent.

It's already laughably dispellable, since shaman have all of ONE buff on them at any given time in PVP.

And now they are shitting on the last useful aspect of it, the PVE side.

I'd say this is pretty fucking disgusting.

Besides the points listed above, Prayer of Mending was too powerful previously. It was just so good.

Earth Shield is one of the few things that is actually more than mediocre. Instead of making it less powerful, they just made it less usable.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Forar wrote: »
    Also, I finally met a disc priest in an AB the other day. Those bitches take forever to kill.
    I fought one for two-and-a-half-minutes in AV while I was trying to cap back one of our bunkers. Eventually, the goddamn tower capped and she was only like half out of mana. I just /bowed and ran.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    exis wrote: »
    riz wrote: »
    Isn't the Earth Shield cooldown sort of what happened to Prayer of Mending months ago? The priest class was not destroyed... >.>

Didn't stop people QQing like it was, though. I don't really get the change to Earth Shield. Is it that hard to eat through in arena?

When they're wearing 400+ resilience? A resto shaman is fucking hard to kill. They also have a talent has a hefty chance to restore a significant amount of life when they're below 30%, which is on a 5 second (as I recall) cooldown.

Seriously. Well geared and well played, they're goddamned annoying. Elemental and enhancement, however, go down like me when drunk... as a prom date. I got nuttin'.

Also, I finally met a disc priest in an AB the other day. Those bitches take forever to kill.

Well yeah, high resilience + mail + shield + interrupt talents + other awesome survivability talents make them hard to kill.

But why nerf Earth Shield? It was dispellable anyway, I really don't think this is going to nerf their survivability very much.

exis on
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, I hope this means they're listening to my secret prayers where earth shield becomes trainable and lightning shield has a 2 second stun + damage and the restoration 41 point talent becomes a buff that grants resilience/aviodance and armor.

But that's just wishes on a star. -_-

Toothy on
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    CJTheran wrote: »
    galenblade wrote: »
    Cripes, Theran still plays? I only knew him in-game, but that was like two years ago. I know two years doesn't mean much in a community like this but...Nerds, lol.

Holy shit, Chadd?

Holy fuck chadd

I still have bags made by Chadd

He was a G&T goon before being a Dark Iron goon, eye-em-oh.

(Wow, Ham where have you been? I thought you had died or something.)

Yes. Well, both my G&T days and my Dark Iron days were in the long long ago. Small internet world though, huh?

Playing this damn game.

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Toothy wrote: »
    Well, I hope this means they're listening to my secret prayers where earth shield becomes trainable and lightning shield has a 2 second stun + damage and the restoration 41 point talent becomes a buff that grants resilience/aviodance and armor.

I hope they're not listening to secret prayers. Because that means they're watching us.

dojango on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    And it was costly in mana. At least they are lowering it. A little.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    <.< >.> conspiracy

Toothy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

The only way Shaman will get something like that is if enough Shaman players genuinely want the opposite to happen.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    But why nerf Earth Shield? It was dispellable anyway, I really don't think this is going to nerf their survivability very much.

How many classes could actually dispel it?

Warriors if they had imp shield slam, but who goes heavy prot as a warrior in arenas? Warlocks with a felhunter out? Priests, Paladins, other Shaman, Hunters..... okay, fuck me, were Rogues the only ones that couldn't dispel this shit?

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Unless there's a new talent I missed in the holy or ret trees, paladins can't offensively dispell magical effects.

So its Warriors (deep prot), Warlocks with felhunters, Priests, Shaman, and Hunters.

Edit: Forgot about spellsteal with mages, so yeah, that too.

Nobody on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2007
    Beasts! We might have a 2nd karazhan group going tonight if I can drum up the interest. Full clear maybe! Let me know in game (Andrulin)

Unknown User on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Warriors if they had imp shield slam, but who goes heavy prot as a warrior in arenas? Warlocks with a felhunter out? Priests, Paladins, other Shaman, Hunters..... okay, fuck me, were Rogues the only ones that couldn't dispel this shit?

Don't forget mages with Spellsteal!

The only joy I had left is that Druids and Rogues were hilariously ineffective against shaman.

And now that is down the pooper since all that is needed now is a mage/hunter/priest/other shaman/warlock to come and tap it off and we are your bitch for 30 seconds.

yeah...

Transporter on
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Earth Shield is laughably easy to remove or negate as is; it did not need to be made even worse. This is ridiculous. There's no way this change will go live. Resto Shamans are already the worst of the four healers, they did not need more nerfs.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Paladins can't purge.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Saeris wrote: »
    Earth Shield is laughably easy to remove or negate as is; it did not need to be made even worse. This is ridiculous. There's no way this change will go live. Resto Shamans are already the worst of the four healers, they did not need more nerfs.

I disagree with this.

Shaman are still more viable then Priests in a 25 man setting.

And Chain heal is the most broken heal to ever exist.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Resto Shamans are the best 25 man healers, especially when you have a dedicated melee group or multiple groups, i.e. most of the SSC/TK content. the banana beam is so ungodly powerful it makes my paladin drip ebony tears.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    Beasts! We might have a 2nd karazhan group going tonight if I can drum up the interest. Full clear maybe! Let me know in game (Andrulin)

Count me in! (Slaide)

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    God, that reminds me. Why can't we get a chain heal graphic that isn't horrendous? I had one resto shaman in my group who had "I'm peeing on you!" macroed to it.

On a serious note, I think things for Shaman are moving in the right direction overall. I'm pretty happy with most of the recent changes, but then I'm enhancement.

Toothy on
  • Options
    XanariosXanarios Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wavechaser wrote: »

Count me in! (Slaide)

Any time in particular? Still trying to get the hang of things with Riki but will gladly come if it is after 6 PST.

Xanarios on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I disagree with this.

Too often, pve changes are determined solely by the raid setting. You can't forget 5 mans, where I can't imagine resto shaman outperforming priests.

Anyways, the lifebloom change is fine, apparently no one cares about the shadowstep change, icy veins is really nifty, and screw that earth shield change. Good thing my shaman was enhancement.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    No clue. We're still trying to switch mindsets from "fuck kara" to "wow people still run/need kara" so I don't know what the interest is.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

I disagree with this.

I was actually talking exclusively about PvP. I have no experience in 25-man settings, or even 10-man settings. But I can say almost definitively say -- having a 70 Priest, 70 Shaman, 70 Druid, and 20-something Paladin -- that Shamans are the worst off in PvP healing.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    No clue. We're still trying to switch mindsets from "fuck kara" to "wow people still run/need kara" so I don't know what the interest is.

I'm sure the interest is high, at least on the Beasty end of things... I dont ever recall being in a PVE group with more than 5 people in it - the thrill alone of seeing inside Kara would be worth it, no matter how poorly we do.

Xanarios on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2007
    I've given up on those last pieces that never drop (mace off Maiden or Prince, chest off Illhoof), but I'm gladly doing Kara for badges. Also, we just got a fresh batch of recruits that need gear, and I like giving five epics to a paladin in all blues/BOE greens in a single run.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    How casual are the Beasts? I'm not particularly looking to raid or anything, but it seems like the friends I have on my current server might eventually be going to the wayside. I might want to roll an alt or transfer over there at some point.

Toothy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    How casual are the Beasts? I'm not particularly looking to raid or anything, but it seems like the friends I have on my current server might eventually be going to the wayside. I might want to roll an alt or transfer over there at some point.

The more efamily the better!

Xanarios on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Very casual. No raiding, mostly just group PvP, Arena, Heroics and such.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Kickass. I have a wife who doesn't particularly enjoy the whole gaming side of life. So I mostly play when she works nights. Plus, I am new to the intarwebs, and it seems like the gang'd give me a decent crash course.

Toothy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    And when people say there's always some low level beasts around on alts, just how many does that mean?

Septus on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Like 10.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Like 10.

Ranging from level 10-50, or 10 that are more like, 20-30?

Septus on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I have a 41 Druid in the Beasts who I play once or twice every couple of months.

If you want to factor that into the equation.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I disagree with this.

Only took about over two years for Chain Heal to materialize as a useful spell.

Maybe in another year, our other stuff will materialize too.

edit: This came off as very WoW official forumy. Ignore me.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Have you given in and resubbed already Septus?

Toothy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Have you given in and resubbed already Septus?

I might as well, but not yet. I kept telling myself I'd try to sell the account once more, but I'm not optimistic that I could, and though I recently bought Mass Effect and still have CoX, I can't help but pine for WoW.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Damnit, I was lumping defensive dispells with offensive ones.

Yeah, so Paladins and Rogues only?

>.<

Forar on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Right as I hit 50 on my Alliance Druid, a friend of mine sold his 70 Warrior for 900 dollars. So now I'm levelling Horde with some other people, and they're quitting, too. So I'm looking for somewhere to go.

Toothy on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    You'll definitely like the Beasts. Join us!

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    My suggestion is to stick with or go where you're happy.

I joined this game nearly 3 years ago to play with 4 friends from my highschool years.

I am the last man standing.

Luckily, I had a guild/crew to work with that I enjoyed, and several friends who have supported me closely in my shenanigans ever since, and after the dispersal of most of the guild/crew I was with, have managed to end up with a top notch group that kicks ass in ways I'd never dreamed of.

There are no guarantees, and sometimes things may seem to be more down than up, but to that end, you may as well go with what you like/enjoy, and let the rest of it sort itself out.

Forar on
This discussion has been closed.