As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Forumers? IN MY CHAT THREAD? BAN THEM ALL!

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    Well lets hope I can drain 4-5 levels in nagrand. And with all the damn grindy quests there, it might not be a problem.

Hey! Kill 100 birds they're breedin like crazy and we need to curb the population! It's not a grind i swear.
    While there are tons of grindy quests there, there's also the highest number of group quests there out of all the other areas as well, so make sure you have a few people that can help you out to get the most out of the joint. Oh, and you're going to want to run instances if you're not going to move beyond there for xp.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Does anyone know how you play the trumpet sound when you grab the flag in WSG?
    I am looking to annoy the people I live with

In game type: /run PlaySound("X")

Replace the X with something from the list on this page until you find the Trumpet noise. Only your character can hear it, though, so if you're trying to annoy friends through the game then that's not possible unless you make a mod that will let you say a code word or something to play the sound and then somehow get them to install it.

Opty on
  • Options
    UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I've never been to shivering flats. Where is that? I'm totally lost as 31 is my highest toon to date, and I stopped at Taren Mills to run instances and stuff. My guild does lower level instances as a group sometimes, but not too frequent as to make it xp viable. I appreciate everyones input as I'm uncovering yet unexplored territory for me

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • Options
    focused7focused7 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Shimmering Flats is on the far east end of 1k Needles. There is a race track out there that has several grinding style quests.

focused7 on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Shimmering flats is a large dry lake bed at the eastern end of 1000 needles. there's a race-track there, you can get a bunch of "kill turtles for their shells" type quests there. About level 30ish. Might be worth a level or 3.

dojango on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Halfmex wrote: »
    robothero wrote: »
    Well lets hope I can drain 4-5 levels in nagrand. And with all the damn grindy quests there, it might not be a problem.

Hey! Kill 100 birds they're breedin like crazy and we need to curb the population! It's not a grind i swear.
    While there are tons of grindy quests there, there's also the highest number of group quests there out of all the other areas as well, so make sure you have a few people that can help you out to get the most out of the joint. Oh, and you're going to want to run instances if you're not going to move beyond there for xp.

There is also tons of stuff to grind for in Nagrand. Consortium rep, Kurenai/Mag'har rep, elementals, whatever really. I did all my Mage's cloth grind, on my paladin, off the many groups of Ogres.

Also, start the Kara key chain at 68, if you intend on going to Kara, so you have instances to run. I sort of regret not starting it earlier, because I would have had way better gear for my character's once I hit 70.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    Rodent242Rodent242 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    UncleChet wrote: »
    So where should a 28 affliction lock or a 31 arms warrior be questing? I've finished all the quests in Tarren Mill that I can, have the baron quest but it's red and the mobs are mid to upper 30s. Tried 1k needles but the layout of the zone gives me vertigo. Help?

Shimmering Flats, Desolace and Stranglethorn Vale I would say, you can probably start in Arathi Highlands aswell.

Rodent242 on
    LIVE: Nitzer 24 , CO: @Rodent, Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rodent242/
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    There is also tons of stuff to grind for in Nagrand. Consortium rep, Kurenai/Mag'har rep, elementals, whatever really. I did all my Mage's cloth grind, on my paladin, off the many groups of Ogres.

I'm a big advocate of grinding at least to friendly with the Consortium while in Nagrand. The trick to this is to wander down to the field with the voidwalkers/ethereals near the giant white stone area, and kill them/pick up the little stones that spawn in the area for the repeatable quest.

Each turn in of that quest is 250 rep (275 for Humans, of course), so for any race but humans, you just need 120 of them to go from 0 Neutral to 0 Friendly. That sounds like a lot, but the little stones and mobs are on a fairly fast respawn. I'd butcher one of the little 'satalite' areas and gather everything up, and once I got far enough ahead of the spawn rate I'd ride 30 seconds over to the giant stone in the center and slaughter a camp of the ethereals there. By the time you've cleared that out, the original camp is likely back up and running again.

The truly anal retentive can then save the other quest turn ins for once they're honoured/revered, but I just turned them in after the repeatable for the experience. If I can find a group, I might even try to hit mana tombs tonight, but given that I have a raid at 8 and want to make 67 before that, I'll probably just work Nagrand some more.

Oh, also, hit the Ring of Blood quests asap. The load of them are a ton of exp (like 10% of a level or so including kills, if I'm not mistaken), give you a pile of super healing/mana potions, good cash and the final blue weapon is awesome for most classes, and if it's not, you can just pick up a backup of some sort, like a healing item (assuming it's an upgrade over what you have currently).

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Shimmering Flats...31 yes, 28 no...

At 28 I finished off Ashenvale, then went to Shimmering Flats. I did four or five quests in 1K Needles...although there isn't many more than that there.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm just getting Nagrand underway at 68 and a half. I've done about 10 quests in total. If i run instances like Durnholde and Mana Tombs and start on the Kara key line whilst questing in Nagrand, i reckon 70 will be done long before i finish the zone.

But be warned, this wasn't easy or simple. It involved a fair amount of instance runs and doing every available quest, no matter how bad, including all instance quests. I personally hate Terokkar Forest, and getting through that zone took about 2 months of doing a few quests, then not playing the character at all for days. I got seriously obsessive about not moving on until i got an Underbog group so i could get the 5 quests done. That took about 2 months too (thank you very fucking much work...).

So all in all, i'm still waiting for the real fun to start, which should be now as Nagrand is my favourite zone /crosses fingers.

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I hated almost every zone in Outland except Hellfire Peninsula until I got an epic flying mount.

Now they're all the same. Fly above the mountains, hit numlock and go get a drink.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I need more money for my epic flyer.

A lot more.

I'm so poor.

<3 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    (=3 wrote: »

A lot more.

I'm so poor.

three words

Legion. Hold. Warlocks.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Dhalphir wrote: »

A lot more.

I'm so poor.

three words

Legion. Hold. Warlocks.

What?

<3 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I've heard they're an incredible source of cash; squishy as fuck, drop silver, cloth, greys, greens (blues and purples if you're lucky) and have a reasonable drop rate on fel armaments and marks of sargeras, which (at least on my server) sell pretty briskly even to this day.

Forar on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Forar wrote: »
    I've heard they're an incredible source of cash; squishy as fuck, drop silver, cloth, greys, greens (blues and purples if you're lucky) and have a reasonable drop rate on fel armaments and marks of sargeras, which (at least on my server) sell pretty briskly even to this day.

I've done more than heard. I grinded them pretty much constantly for a week, about 4-5 hours a day, and made about 3.5k gold.

They are casters, they have around 6.5k health, they have a fast respawn rate, there is a lot of them, they drop exactly what Forar said above, and they drop some nice stuff aside from that, Jewelcrafting patterns most notably.

The only thing to watch out for is the wandering 69 elite, who can kill you quite easily if you don't watch its path carefully. When you're first grinding there, stay far away from him. He has a fairly small aggro radius, but it seems to vary a bit depending on whether you're in front of him or behind him, so until you get comfortable with his patrol route and aggro radius, be wary.

Legion Hold is the big demon fortress southwest of Shadowmoon Village, with the "stored" Infernals.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Casters :(

That's probably bad for a prot paladin.

<3 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Ah.

Do you have any 70 alts that you can hit them up with instead.

you CAN Line of Sight them using the pillars that are there (you'll know what I mean when you fly over and check them out) to force them to come to you, but it does require some finesse. Also Consecration has that risk of pulling the big boy accidentally if you lapse in attention.

You could also respec Ret to kill them. If you spend a few hours there a day for a week, you will make a lot of gold and the respec will justify itself. You mentioned you wanted to raid Ret, I don't know the seriousness of that, but I assume that means you have the gear for it.

Grinding the warlocks is nice for me, as a mage, because my fireballs crit for around 3.2.3.5k, and with the 40% of that also coming from Ignite, if I crit a fireball, I can usually expect to kill the mob with a fireball crit + fireblast.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Yeah I'll probably do it as ret.

I also still have a ton of quests left. Those should give me a nice amount of money.

<3 on
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So, I have a 70 feral druid, and I just finished a furies deck. I can't decide whether to turn it in for the quest, or try to sell it and use the money for a depleted badge. The stamina is nice but I doubt the proc is really going to do all that much for me.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    FFFF Once Upon a Time In OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I tried those warlocks earlier when I was around level 68. Too much for me to handle. Once I went back today as a level 70 rogue with welfare daggers...so much good stuff. I think I made 20-30 gold just screwing around for an hour? Plus, as a newly minted alchemist, my 4th kill there netted me a Recipe: Fel Strength Elixir. Also got 3 greens, 3 Fel Armaments, and 34 Marks of Sargeras.

FF on
    Huh...
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

No...you want the Demon Hunter Supplicants at BT. Rogue type mobs with a very high density. They drop Scryer rep items, greens, blues, etc...

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hey guys,
    I just dinged 30, which means I can start STV. However, last time I did STV on a PvP server, I quit WoW. I don't really want to quit this time. How can I avoid STV?

Lewisham on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Dustwallow Marsh coupled with Desolace will help you avoid STV for 30-40.

Opty on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    That whole Legion Hold Warlock thing?

As a feral Druid I managed to amass just over 5k gold in 4 days of constant grinding which went a little something like this:

Feral Faerie Fire Mangle Mangle Mangle loot repeat.

If you just dedicate yourself to amassing vast amounts of cashes, it becomes amusing to realise at the end of the day just how much you stand to make (depending on your servers economy ofc)

Beasteh on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, I think my druid will make a pitstop there for a few days when I'm 70.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    You can all thank me in whatever way you deem fit.

I accept Visa and Mastercard.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    narv107narv107 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Thomamelas wrote: »

No...you want the Demon Hunter Supplicants at BT. Rogue type mobs with a very high density. They drop Scryer rep items, greens, blues, etc...

This is excellent for a prot paladin to grind. As long as you avoid the elite you can take a pretty large group at once. I pretty much just grab all of them I can, and run down to the next landing and HS, Consecrate, SoLight. Your mileage may vary as to how many you can handle at once, I bring my pocket frost mage when I AOE grind so it's a bit easier on me.

narv107 on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    narv107 wrote: »

This is excellent for a prot paladin to grind. As long as you avoid the elite you can take a pretty large group at once. I pretty much just grab all of them I can, and run down to the next landing and HS, Consecrate, SoLight. Your mileage may vary as to how many you can handle at once, I bring my pocket frost mage when I AOE grind so it's a bit easier on me.

Also useful is the row of fel orcs on the north side of BT. There's an elite there too, but he's fairly weak. Just try not to aggro the ones on higher levels that kick you up into the air; that messes up blocking as they run around beneath you to get into position.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    wanaflapwanaflap Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    wanaflap on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    narv107 wrote: »

You can grab the elite too when your gear gets good enough but you'll probley still want to avoid him simply because he takes too long to kill for very little gain.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    lifeincognitolifeincognito Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    It is because of a protection paladin's ability to farm large groups at once that I hate my protection warrior.

In other news I'm leveling a paladin. :)

lifeincognito on
    losers weepers. jawas keepers.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    You can grab the elite too when your gear gets good enough but you'll probley still want to avoid him simply because he takes too long to kill for very little gain.

Not having to worry about him until he respawns?

Or is he on a fast respawn too?

Forar on
  • Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Did you happen to see the response video?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bo1Sw5YZako&watch_response

64 BEs this time.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    a penguina penguin Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    And they nerfed mages because we could kill 10, 15 max.

Grr.

a penguin on
    This space eventually to be filled with excitement
  • Options
    narv107narv107 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

He's on a fast respawn too

narv107 on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    When you guys are grinding those warlocks and talking about making around 5k in a week. How many hours are you talking?

I get way bored sitting there killing the same mobs over and over.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2007
    Can I trade my ADD for your OCD so I can grind too?

Echo on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    HA, I bet his shield was halfway to breaking.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

He's on a slightly slower respawn timer then the rest of the mobs but it's still not worth killing him. You'll make better gold killing the ones and twos near the stairs then you will killing him. Quest mobs tend to have poor drops and poor tables.
    HA, I bet his shield was halfway to breaking.

I seem to go through a shield every 20 pulls or so. But I generally have four shields on me at any given point.

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.