Options

[WoW] Forumers? IN MY CHAT THREAD? BAN THEM ALL!

• Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2007
    well, looks like i'm gonna be runnin kara at midnight EST, can't say how many spots will be open but i'll try and fit a few people in.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    beasts suck

tyrannus on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Rentilius wrote: »
    beasts suck

Shut up bitch

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    rent if you are on ravenholdt im going to HEAL YOU SO HARD DAMNIT

Unknown User on
  • Options
    artifexiteartifexite Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So who does one actually get in touch with to join the Beasts? Munkus?

artifexite on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Look for Mordim (Munkus) or Shirly/Catalynn/Nicholao (Saeris). Or just do a /who beasts and ask someone if an officer is on.

Medopine on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wow, burnout.... I blame the Orange Box. Hmmm, by the time I feel like playing again my time will of run out. I'll probably just let the account frozen till I get my new computer before Christmas.
    artifexite wrote: »
    So who does one actually get in touch with to join the Beasts? Munkus?

Off topic, but where is your sig, or what is it from?

Tav on
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, I might end up throwing an alt on tomorrow around lunch-time (EST) to check out the realm. So I might be the only low-level character whispering you who isn't a spammer.

Toothy on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Maybe I should get my alt on ravenhodlt guilded.

I had the urge to roll a belf awhile back, so I made a priest.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    SabinXLSabinXL Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Somewhat random tangent:

Saeris and I were discussing various balance issues the other day and while we were on the topic of druid/priest PVP gear he mentioned something that sounded like it could really have merit.

Instead of having a resilience statistic, have spirit, in addition to what it does now, take on resilience's properties and place spirit on gear instead of resilience. In addition, every class would be given a small (10% was the number the wench tossed out there) rate of health regeneration in combat. This would mean a few things:

- Druid and Priest regeneration talents will be much more useful for PVP combat. As it is, Shaman and Paladin healing isn't spirit intensive, so their longevity doesn't really suffer from a lack of it on their gear, but Druid/Priest longevity does. This would enhance their performance on the field.

- Spirit would be a useful stat again, for all classes. It would reduce downtime for all classes and it would make the troll's racial a lot more useful (lord knows they still could use a bit of love... those feet...)

I feel like Blizzard placed spirit in the game to represent longevity, and for the most part it's pretty much failed horribly in that regard. If it were to gain resilience's properties, though? *ponder*. What do you guys think?

SabinXL on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Interesting... but it would need a major overhaul of all the gear... all those spiritious priests getting a ton of resilience, those frail warriors needing to bulk up on "spirit". Also would need a re-think of the "human spirit" racial. Doesn't make sense that something so pink and soft would get extra resilience... no horns, no tusks, no scaly tentacle-skin...

dojango on
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    SabinXL wrote: »
    I feel like Blizzard placed spirit in the game to represent longevity, and for the most part it's pretty much failed horribly in that regard. If it were to gain resilience's properties, though? *ponder*. What do you guys think?

Spirit is a fantastic stat for druids and priests now. It would be nice if they put more of it on PvP gear, but the stat itself is great for what it was (I'm assuming) always intended to be for: mana regen.

exis on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    spirit is great for arcane mages in raid settings

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Considering the additional math that goes Agility, I'm amazed Spirit didn't have anything attached to it.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Is Ravenholdt RP or RP-PvP?

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    RP-PvP

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So, I managed to outlevel my mining skill. Whoops.

I'm level 44 and am currently in Feralas with a mining skill of 103, which isn't enough to mine the goodness here. Where would be advisable to level my mining at this level?

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »

I'm level 44 and am currently in Feralas with a mining skill of 103, which isn't enough to mine the goodness here. Where would be advisable to level my mining at this level?

Silverpine Forest and lower Barrens.

Anywhere with Tin.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    New chat thread tag -- go!

Operation Winter Veil is 34 right now. This is my first time running the Kurzhan quests with a character lacking an autointerrupt effect (previous = mage, rogue, shaman).

O_o

And I thought those freaking healers had been nerfed... Good grief what were they like before for priests? Suddenly wondering if pausing my shadow spec to grab wand spec was a good idea, I need Silence badly.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »

Go to level 20-30 zones. For alliance, try Duskwood, I think eastern Redridge has some, there's also tin in southern Westfall and inside the Deadmines (which you can probably solo by now). For Horde, Stillpine is good, Stonetalon is good, I think southern ghostlands has some too.

And then once you hit 125, it's time to go to Arathi Highlands and walk around the edges of the zone and around the ogre mounds mining iron till 175, where you can start to pick up Mithril nodes.
    TheEmerged wrote: »
    New chat thread tag -- go!

Operation Winter Veil is 34 right now. This is my first time running the Kurzhan quests with a character lacking an autointerrupt effect (previous = mage, rogue, shaman).

O_o

And I thought those freaking healers had been nerfed... Good grief what were they like before for priests? Suddenly wondering if pausing my shadow spec to grab wand spec was a good idea, I need Silence badly.

Kurzen medicine men were D: before. Like, if you couldn't interrupt them, just don't bother. When I did those guys on my warlock it wasn't so bad because generally by the time they got to healing themselves they had a full set of dots to bring them right back down, but on my warrior I could not kill them -at all- unless I went sword and board to shield bash the heal (since you encounter them before you learn pummel).

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    haha, other healers are getting nerfed because paladins are crappy now

too bad paladin healing is still boring as balls

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Little Jim wrote: »

Hoooooooray! I just specced my paladin Holy.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    :V

my warrior is at 57 and his gear is so terrible that I have to eat after every kill

garlrughaulrglarg

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

my warrior is at 57 and his gear is so terrible that I have to eat after every kill

garlrughaulrglarg
    Mine is level 67 and stil wearing the valor gloves and belt because I have a hard time getting a group as a tank and none of the bosses are kind to me for gear drops

Hoooooooray! I just specced my paladin Holy.

Well I saw far to many holy and ret paladins over the years so I leveled and still play a protection paladin.

Brainleech on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hooray. I just got this neat little trinket for my fury warrior.
    Another 25 badges of justice and I can get the awesome belt too.
    :D

Rizzi on
  • Options
    SerykSeryk Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yeah we'll have to do that..

Seryk on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Holy may be boring but it's seriously imba for Arena, I know someone in BT guild with 2k healing 800 damage and like 50% holy light crit, it's retarded.

Edit: Jesus christ I have a bad habit of using the same adjective twice and not realizing it. Small vocab ftw.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Why don't any of the new munkus created wow threads have the [WoW] tag?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Brainleech wrote: »

garlrughaulrglarg
    Mine is level 67 and stil wearing the valor gloves and belt because I have a hard time getting a group as a tank and none of the bosses are kind to me for gear drops

Look into the Adamantite set. Either you know a blacksmith or a blacksmith is selling it. That should cover your gloves at least, my warrior is still wearing a belt that Ragnoros dropped.

Seg on
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You really won't replace the better T1/T2 level gear until you're in the level 70 zones or instances, especially if you had a set bonus together. My Warlock wore the pvp cloth boots until 70, and I saw a lot of people in T1/T2 in Netherstorm and SMV while most people were still freshly 70.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    SabinXL wrote: »
    Somewhat random tangent:

Saeris and I were discussing various balance issues the other day and while we were on the topic of druid/priest PVP gear he mentioned something that sounded like it could really have merit.

Instead of having a resilience statistic, have spirit, in addition to what it does now, take on resilience's properties and place spirit on gear instead of resilience. In addition, every class would be given a small (10% was the number the wench tossed out there) rate of health regeneration in combat. This would mean a few things:

- Druid and Priest regeneration talents will be much more useful for PVP combat. As it is, Shaman and Paladin healing isn't spirit intensive, so their longevity doesn't really suffer from a lack of it on their gear, but Druid/Priest longevity does. This would enhance their performance on the field.

- Spirit would be a useful stat again, for all classes. It would reduce downtime for all classes and it would make the troll's racial a lot more useful (lord knows they still could use a bit of love... those feet...)

Trolls need love by negating the point of their racial?

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Anyone know of a site with good compilation of class macros, or a succinct listing of the macro commands since the big revamp months ago? My druid had two nifty ones that would combine ambush, shred and rip into one button, and mangle, pounce, and FB into another.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    SabinXLSabinXL Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Trolls need love by negating the point of their racial?

By stacking spirit's bonus with their racial, providing what might be a substantial rate of health regeneration in combat as opposed to what they have now. At least that's how I thought people would take it, I'll be a bit more specific next time.

SabinXL on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, since troll's racial health regen is kinda useless mostly, I think he was calling for everyone to get some in-combat health regen... but have trolls get more.
    Because I heard if they cut off an extremity, it will grow back, only bigger.
    Don't believe it.

dojango on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    LEVEL 58

OUTLANDS HOOOOOOO

yesssss

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    And time to replace all your shit.
    :)

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I feel pretty silly, running around in my SM mail, one giant red shoulder and plate boots from level 42

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    I feel pretty silly, running around in my SM mail, one giant red shoulder and plate boots from level 42
    dude that shoulder lasted me forever

on my Warrior

I was running someone through ZF at 59 though and the shoulders dropped and I was like "shit this is an upgrade isn't it"

WTB more shoulders

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    that shoulder has been with me for a long time

I might just keep it around for nostalgia

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I wish there were more shoulders like the SM one. Y'know, with only one shoulder rather than two. I think that looks pretty badass.

reVerse on
This discussion has been closed.