As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

List of upcoming Wii games aka 2008 my ass

• Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I shall have to save up my pennies to one day purchase a Wii. And Mario. And Zelda. And Metroid. (Also, several third party offerings.) That's a lot of pennies. I've still never played Wii Sports though. (Maybe that would keep me until I could afford Galaxy?) At any rate, it probably won't happen this year, maybe not next either. I still have DS games to purchase!

No worries, use that money to buy DS games for now. Unless you're really lucky or really looking like a crazed maniac, Wii is even harder to find than Big Foot's foot prints nowadays.

With WiiFit and Smash Bros coming on Jan 2008, this will probably go all the way through February... :/

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    NofrikinfuNNofrikinfuN Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Arde wrote: »
    I shall have to save up my pennies to one day purchase a Wii. And Mario. And Zelda. And Metroid. (Also, several third party offerings.) That's a lot of pennies. I've still never played Wii Sports though. (Maybe that would keep me until I could afford Galaxy?) At any rate, it probably won't happen this year, maybe not next either. I still have DS games to purchase!

No worries, use that money to buy DS games for now. Unless you're really lucky or really looking like a crazed maniac, Wii is even harder to find than Big Foot's foot prints nowadays.

With WiiFit and Smash Bros coming on Jan 2008, this will probably go all the way through February... :/

Ya know, I hadn't actually considered that. However, I am in a fairly backwards area and did manage to find 4 Wii's at the nearest Gamestop, though I wasn't looking for them. I won't have the money for some time anyway, so I may even wait for a price drop. (I wonder if the price will drop anytime in the forseeable future?)

NofrikinfuN on
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Considering that the actual market rate is something like double the retail price and Nintendo can't even make enough to meet demand at the current retail rate, I wouldn't hold out for a price break unless you just don't want to have a Wii for the next year or two.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ya know, I hadn't actually considered that. However, I am in a fairly backwards area and did manage to find 4 Wii's at the nearest Gamestop, though I wasn't looking for them. I won't have the money for some time anyway, so I may even wait for a price drop. (I wonder if the price will drop anytime in the forseeable future?)

If you're willing to wait until the end of 2008 or early 2009, then yeah, a price drop seems feasible.

Basically, think of the first time DS Lite got its price drop after it was released and attribute it to the Wii. :P

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Late 2008/Early 2009 seems like a reasonable time for me to expect to be able to afford one anyway. (Especially if I just continue buying DS games for the time being.) I also wanted to get my girlfriend a DS so we could make use of my collections multiplayer components. By then I'll have a backlog of games that will (hopefully) be $20 platinum hits titles.

NofrikinfuN on
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Destroy All Humans I am curious about. Yeah, it's simultaneous release with the PS2 version and looks last-gen, but I know DAH has a cult following and is apparently pretty fun. It was hot stuff when the first one came out, right?

Same time as DAH 3 too, I belive.

DAH 3 is PS3 and 360, DAH Big Willy is Wii and PS2. Big Willy aparently takes place right before 3

Evander on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You weren't kidding when you said 1988 Games had a horrible website. Oh god.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    ChewyWafflesChewyWaffles Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Htown wrote: »
    Name me one for PS3. AAA third party exclusive. Go.

You're too late for this. That shit's over.

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Ah, the parting cry of the defeated troll: a snippy refusal to answer a direct question that has no favorable response.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The Wii looks to continue selling out next year with new Smash Bros. and Mario Kart on the way, and with the Wii controls, I may actually get this iteration of Mario Baseball. But I thought Disaster: Day of Crisis was pretty much vaporware at this point too, right alongside Project H.A.M.M.E.R., Is Disaster actually still in development?

But my first 2008 purchase on the Wii will definitely be Harvey Birdman, though Ive never played any of the Phoenix Wright games, and I hear it plays the same, I'm greatly looking forward to Birdman as its actually got the writers and voice cast of the show, so its guaranteed to please its fans.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm really hoping one of those non-action/party games does something crazy awesome with the controller. I love the Wii, but I would be lying if I didn't say I feel a little underwhelmed with how developers are utilizing the hardware.

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    ChewyWafflesChewyWaffles Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    JihadJesus wrote: »

Ah, the parting cry of the defeated troll: a snippy refusal to answer a direct question that has no favorable response.

Oh god, whatever. I could, but htown himself was trolling, and I refused to bite.

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    titmouse wrote: »
    Samba de Amigo.

I still fondly remember when the original game was released in the states. I went to my friendly local EB/Gamestop/whateveritwascalled, and snagged their one copy of the game and their one set of (official) maracas. As I was checking out, I had them call their other sister stores around the OKC area, and they found one other store that got in a copy of the game and one set of maracas. I asked them to hold it for me.

2 hours later, I'm back at my apartment, with a HUGE grin on my face, unpacking the maracas and getting the game set up.

Girlfriend: "Ummm, what's this?"
    Me: "A maraca game! Isn't it awesome?!"
    GF: "A maraca game? Did the controllers come with it?"
    Me: "Nope! And I had to drive all over the city getting the only sets within 200 miles of here!"
    GF: "How much did this cost?"
    Me: "The game was $40, each set of maracas was $80...so, with tax, a little over $200."
    GF: "And you've never played this game before?"
    Me: "Nope."
    GF: "Have you at least seen a video or something?"
    Me: "Nope."
    GF: "You're crazy."

AnakinOU on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

GODDAMMIT, PEOPLE, JUST LET IT DIE

"AAA" is nebulous enough that no matter what game is named, others will chime in with "well that's not AAA, I think it sucks" and it just repeats ad nauseum. And that's whether we're talking PS3, 360 or Wii.
    eelektrik wrote:
    But my first 2008 purchase on the Wii will definitely be Harvey Birdman, though Ive never played any of the Phoenix Wright games, and I hear it plays the same, I'm greatly looking forward to Birdman as its actually got the writers and voice cast of the show, so its guaranteed to please its fans.

I'd be tempted, but I still have to play Phoenix Wright 3 and apparently PW4 is dropping in February '08, so I might have reached my "faux judicial adventure gaming" quota by then.

Mario Kart and Wii Fit are definitely at the top of my list for '08, though.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Oh god, whatever. I could, but the dude himself was trolling, and I refused to bite.

Heh... Sorry ChewyWaffles.

urahonky on
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    List of games I have some interest in

No More Heroes (Ubisoft, Feb 2008)
    Wii Music (Nintendo, 2008)
    Zombie Massacre (1988 Games/Papaya Studio, TBA)
    Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed (THQ, 2008)
    Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (Square Enix, 2008)
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Square Enix, 2008)
    Harvest Moon: Tree of Peace (Marvelous/Natsume, Jan 2008)
    Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo, Q2 2008)
    NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (Sega, Dec 18 2007)
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo, Feb 10 2008)
    Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk (Namco Bandai, TBA)

Sword of Legendia (Namco Bandai, TBA)
    Okami (Capcom, Spring 2008)
    Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (2K Games, Q4 2008)
    Spore (EA, Spring 2008)
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Lucas Arts, Spring 2008)

They're no way I'm buying all of that tough. Forget money, I wouldnt have the time to complete all those. O_o

Those who say they're is no games on the Wii are definitively full of shit.

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    My girlfriend surprised me recently with the notion that we should save up to buy a Wii. Do I run with it, or is it a trap? I don't know.

She also brought up the interesting point that if we got another DS, we have no easy way of deciding its ownership. One of us would have to be saddled with the DS Phat and I'm not sure that would work out. I would feel bad taking the DS Lite, because she bought me the DS for christmas a couple years ago. On the other hand, the Lites are sexy.

Argh, I have a feeling something bad will come along and piss on my parade anyway. I wonder how long my car has left...

NofrikinfuN on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    >items
    >phoenix down
    >>Use!

I didn't know where to put this so I'm resurrecting this thread. There's a new image of Disaster. Its big and blurry.
    52577812920080410143315.jpg

Holy chargin bears!!

Apparently famitsu (i think it was famitsu) says this game is being released this summer in Japan. Who knew? But this thing looks suspiciously like the back of a box. I guess it's not dead after all.

Guek on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So what is Disaster supposed to be about any way?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Days of crisis, I think. Or it might just be, yeah, I think it's one day. That's all I got.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Spoit wrote: »
    So what is Disaster supposed to be about any way?
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Similar to Irem’s Disaster Report and its sequel, Raw Danger, the player must survive many natural disasters. The player will take control of Ray, a former member of an elite rescue task force, and not only will Ray have to face nature, but also an unknown group of rogue commandos who have taken advantage of the catastrophic events and seized an atomic weapon.

I'm still looking forward to it, even if we hardly know anything about it. Nintendo buying the developer was a really good sign.

bruin on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Elebits 2 is suposed to be in production.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oh sweet. I loved the first Elebits!

urahonky on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I have some interest in Disaster.

And the Wii game.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    MashalotMashalot Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh, there's speculation Animal Crossing may hit JP in December.

http://kotaku.com/378155/club-nintendo-dates-animal-crossing-wii-eh

I don't know, the 'evidence' is kind of thin there, heh.

I haven't looked, there's not a thread or some bullshit I hope.

edit, also: http://kotaku.com/378348/nintendo-demos-super-mario-sluggers-for-wii

Mashalot on
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    While we're talking new Wii games, Nintendo is holding a media summit in San Fran today. 1up has a guy there, and has reported the existence of Super Mario Sluggers, and upcoming Wii Baseball game, that controls similarly to Wii Sports Baseball.

EDIT: Kotaku has a screen shot:

http://kotaku.com/378348/nintendo-demos-super-mario-sluggers-for-wii

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Holy crap guys, this thread is old. What is your problem.

I refuse to update the OP!

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Any kind soul want to put that screen shot on photobucket or imageshack? :)

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Holy crap guys, this thread is old. What is your problem.

I refuse to update the OP!
    Doo eeet!

Mashalot on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    urahonky wrote: »

supermariosluggerswiithuj2.jpg

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

Wow. They even blocked the image from imageshack. OH well, looks like I have to wait till I get home.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Are you sure it's not just taking forever to load. Imageshack seems to be loading really slowly atm.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not just taking forever to load. Imageshack seems to be loading really slowly atm.

Yep, I get a blockpage.cgi when I put the URL in my address bar. Bastards want me to actually get some work done!

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    It's not that impressive anyway, looks just like the GC Mario Baseball game.

LewieP on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Maybe Photobucket will work?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I suppose I should have looked at the link, I thought it was a picture of Animal Crossing :P Oh well, Mario Sluggers would be nice. The controls for Wii Baseball were pretty spot on, so this should be fun. You think you'll have to imitate running when you hit the ball?

e: Oh hey that worked. Thanks Funky! :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    You know I haven't played a baseball game since I was a kid.. well and the Wii Sports thing... but something about that shot speaks to me. And Wii Sports baseball was kind of fun, and joint destroying.

Mashalot on
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm digging the description. They're calling it a "Bridge" game. Something to appeal to the non-gamers. I had a ton of fun with Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, so this should be fun. I only hope you can control your fielders with the nunchuk stick. It says no, but I guess we'll see.

One thing, though. Why is Mario's head so huge?

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I just noticed that Day of Crisis contains a Bear.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    One thing, though. Why is Mario's head so huge?

Steroids joke.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png