As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Transferring Save Data from Online -> Wii

Slain iiSlain ii Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
My friend wants to download some data for RE: Umbrella Chronicles and put it on his Wii, but has so far been unsuccessful. I have a 64MB SanDisk SD card which works for pictures and video on the Wii, but can't figure out how to get the save data on there. Anyone know?

Slain ii on

• Options
    UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't think the Wii allows for save data to be loaded off of an SD card. I do know that you can back up to an SD card, but as far as reading saves, I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can.

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • Options
    Ninja BotNinja Bot Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I believe if you go to into the settings menu and go to data management you can copy files to the hard drive from the SD card and vice versa. You probably have to do this since I don't know of any games that read saves directly of SD cards.

Ninja Bot on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ninja Bot wrote: »
    I believe if you go to into the settings menu and go to data management you can copy files to the hard drive from the SD card and vice versa. You probably have to do this since I don't know of any games that read saves directly of SD cards.

Correctamundo. It has to go PC -> SD Card -> Wii hard drive before you can use it. If you already have a save file for the game in question on your Wii, you'll have to delete it before attempting to copy (if it's something I care about, I usually just back it up on my PC first).

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This is kinda confused me at first as well, but just follow these steps.

Create a save file on your friend's Wii for RE:UC, then go back to the Wii menu and go to data management.

Open your Wii's internal save files, and select the Umbrella Chronicles save file. It will ask you if you want to copy it to the SD card. Say yes.

Take your SD card out of the Wii and hook it up to your computer.

Open your SD card menu and open the private folder.

I think you then go to the Saves folder, then select the RE:UC folder.

Delete the data.bin file in that folder.

Rename your downloaded save file to data.bin, then copy it into the folder.

Disconnect the SD card, then plug it back into the Wii.

Do the reverse of what you did before, open the SD card menu in Wii managment and copy it across to the internal drive.

Boot up UC and you should have the save file loaded.

Kelor on
  • Options
    HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    edit: never mind

Hybrid on