As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Silent Hill: The Arcade Game

Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships)Registered User regular
edited December 2007 in Games and Technology
Has anyone else played it yet(I think it might only be out in Japan so far, so that might be a no).

Wikipedia has short entry on it here.

It was interesting. The pacing was a lot different than most arcade shooters, and the bosses without glaringly obvious weak points was an interesting switch. Getting the bad ending was annoying though, especially since you're then dumped to a game over screen, and although I enjoy shooters, the only way I can get through them is with a stack of coins on the console next to me.

Gabriel_Pitt on

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I saw a short video online where they shoot at Pyramid Head while running down a hallway. It looked nice but ol' Pyramid Head didn't seem to care that he was being shot. I haven't played the game but I hope the bulk of enemies react better to being shot.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    emnmnme wrote: »
    It looked nice but ol' Pyramid Head didn't seem to care that he was being shot.

Has he ever? I mean, he's 50% HUGE METAL CONE THING.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, Pyramid Head never flinches, not even really during his final boss battle.
    Hell, stabbing himself in the face seems to have been done of his own volition, not because you've been plugging him with rounds for a good few minutes.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    No, but he does get knocked back if you hit him enough times, and that keeps him from staberating you. Then again, he's Pyramid Head and how often do big bads in shooting games go down easy?

All the rest of the enemies go down to either multiple body shots, or a single head shot. It's a nice change over some games where at the end levels, most common enemies only die to volume of fire. Might also be why on the high score board, the guy who seemed to play way too much could complete the game with only 1 or no continues.

Gabriel_Pitt on