As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHALLA]Project Phashion - GAME OVAR: SABOTEURS WIN

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yeah I definitely had to rely on GIS. I'm a phasion phailure /:

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    DiscGrace wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    DiscGrace wrote: »
    Why is she melting? :p

Because she saw your face!

Oooh! Burnsauce!

Awww, so you think I'm hot!

Yes.

Now take me.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Now take me.

To a beauty salon? Because those cuticles are simply abominable.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Who told you my dirty little secret?

It's why I always wear gloves!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm trying to get my scanner working, so far unsuccessfully. 3 hours to go... if I can't get it working I'll paste something together with GIS images...

But I will have something in, Irene.

James on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    James wrote: »
    I'm trying to get my scanner working, so far unsuccessfully. 3 hours to go... if I can't get it working I'll paste something together with GIS images...

Do you have a camera? Could always take a picture of it.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    gundam470 wrote: »
    James wrote: »

Do you have a camera? Could always take a picture of it.

That could work.

James on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yeah James, I took a picture of mine and just made it look more scanner-ly with photoshop. If you want I can clean it up for you, too, since you don't have photoshop. I promise I won't sabotage your design.

[tiny]I am totally smearing tailor's chalk all over that shit and cutting the hem to right above the vagina[/tiny]

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Just a friendly reminder to keep you images small-ish. If you've already submitted your final design, don't worry about it, but for those of you who haven't sent it in yet, try to keep it under 500x500.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Good, because I already purged my design from my hard drive.

I never look back dahling.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh, oh... crap. Pacific standard time... sweet. More time!

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I hope no one is biased against me because I lack photoshop AND the ability to draw.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Yeah James, I took a picture of mine and just made it look more scanner-ly with photoshop. If you want I can clean it up for you, too, since you don't have photoshop. I promise I won't sabotage your design.

[tiny]I am totally smearing tailor's chalk all over that shit and cutting the hem to right above the vagina[/tiny]

At least the other senators will like it.

James on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Spectre we're biased against you because this may be the one Phalla where you aren't evil and/or a master detective.

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Okay, scanner is working. Thanks anyway, gundam.

James on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Spectre we're biased against you because this may be the one Phalla where you aren't evil and/or a master detective.
    That's what you th- D:

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I hope no one is biased against me because I lack photoshop AND the ability to draw.

I'll be judging people mostly by concept rather than perfect execution of a drawing.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Medopine wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »

I'll be judging people mostly by concept rather than perfect execution of a drawing.
    Antlers.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2007
    I'll be judging people based on whether they pay me.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    PM sent!

Is everyone done?

James on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2007
    I be done, yo.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Just sent mine in. Hope I used enough gold.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    three minutes, i am so impatient.

James on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    celebfash060914_timgun300
    Hello again, designers! I hope you’re ready for your next task!

Many of you have probably heard of the famous annual event know among the cognoscenti as PAX. It is an event of international renown, when the most beautiful people from all over the world flock to Seattle/Bellevue to attend a 3-day orgy of select and exclusive entertainment and pageantry. These dizzying festivities are overseen by an elite corps of peacekeepers dubbed Enforcers.
    paxday01_094_RJ.jpg
    It is their unenviable duty to maintain order and corral the masses to keep bloodshed and bitchslapping to a minimum. Your challenge today is to design uniforms for these brave men and women. When designing your outfit, keep in mind that it should be comfortable to wear, as they will be moving around a lot all day, and also that the sight of it should inspire absolute fear to help the Enforcers extract absolute obedience from the unruly masses.

Now, it’s time to make it work!

Note: The uniform does not have to be unisex, as what works for a female body probably won’t work as well for a male one. You may design either a man’s or a woman’s uniform. If you wish, you may submit both, but remember they will be voted on together, so you may not want to submit both designs if one is weak.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Compiling entries now. Should be up in 10-20 minutes.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh man, awesome. My proposed uniform:
    darth_vader_authentic.jpg

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    You bastard, I was gonna do Storm Troopers.:P

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Nerds!

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Is it wise to reveal what you're submitting? People could easily grudge vote that way.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

They'll be confused for cosplayers and no one will listen to them...

James on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Is it wise to reveal what you're submitting? People could easily grudge vote that way.
    I'm not really going to submit Darth Vader as my design.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Le Spec is here.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Nerds!

Why you gotta bring the hate, holmes? Why you... wait, why does this feel so familiar? :P

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    You bloody west coasters you

thread I will check on you in the morning

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Why you gotta bring the hate, holmes? Why you... wait, why does this feel so familiar? :P
    Shhh, baby, just go get your blaster while I dig out the golden bikini...

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Squashua wrote:
    squashuaamidala1.jpg
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Well, firstly, that make up has got to go. It's just so shabby, so shabby.

I decided to keep her outfit primarily red due to the fact that it seems like it is her color of choice, that it fits her position of royalty and it is a color that commands the attention and respect that she deserves.

The shoes give her that extra height, which will make her pop out even more. Not to mention they look fabulous and will do wonders for her legs.

The lace gives a hint of softness, reminding everyone that she is a woman, and what better to remind perverted old senators of before you try to convince them to go along with your plans.

And lastly, the fur says Russian dictator, and who messes with Russian dictators? No one, that's who.

So, without dragging this out any further, here is my masterpiece:

Inquisitor1.jpg

Oh yes, I forgot to add a few more points about my dress.

I ditched the asian styling of her usual outfits, because let's face, she's not asian, and will never pass for it. Stop being a weaboo, it's unfitting of a princess.

And, I left her arms exposed to make sure her supple skin was on display, but, the red gloves let everyone know she's not afraid to bloody her hands if she feels the need.

That's all I wanted to add, tata.
    Hakkekage wrote:
    superroughround1.jpg
    TehSpectre wrote:
    TehSpec1.jpg

No real artistic ability and I don't own photoshop...so MS paint will have to do! However, I found that this was a perfect fit for the first challenge.

I love the antlers so hard.
    DiscGrace wrote:
    DiscGrace1.jpg
    Quid wrote:
    Quid1.png

Sweet Padmé was such a wonderful young woman to design for. So accomadating and open minded. Willing to try the unexpected but also speaking her mind and keeping me focused on what makes her her. Starting at the top we put together a commanding crown adorned with pearls. On top, hair held firmly up in the front, but allowed to hang in the back to let other senators know she has a night life. Around her neck I placed a very light but very ostentatious lace neck ruffle that shouts "I am here! Look at me!" This leads down to the gown: A sober maroon on the inside but on the outside a lovely floral pattern, representive of her home planet Naboo. Finally, to let the other senators know this queen means business, a darling little alien doggie with matching leash that's small, cute, and has a strong, extending second mouth for that guaranteed chest penetration.

A more fashionable monarch never graced the steps of the intergalactic republic.
    Medopine wrote:
    medopine1.png

I can't draw pearls, so I used GIS for those. :P
    gundam470 wrote:
    In the animal kingdom, no other creature attracts as much attention with its beautiful attire as the peacock. This peacock-inspired gown, made specifically for the queen, features two different shades of purple, long seen as a classic symbol of royalty, accented with a powerful yet elegant deep red.

No other piece will insure that the queen garners the attention and respect she deserves when speaking in front of the senate.

amidala_colored.jpg
    Oboro wrote:
    oboro1.png

So. I started this project by opening a history book (research, people!) and hashing out that this was, indeed, an actual senator-- granted, from a long time ago and a galaxy very far away. This Senator Amidala's career was pretty short-lived and uh, mostly focused on pushing for war. Warmongering?, I think? So. She's going out to issue a declaration of war, but she's also notably somehow both a frump and an icon of femininity. So. Wow. So.

It's hard to 'harden' the image of someone who usually shows up in shapeless masses of white feathers. I couldn't show any skin, and just the same I couldn't do anything with outright war-like imagery because it's just not going to mesh, y'know? You know. So. Y'know. The senate was a fairly high-tech, washed iron room so I started right-off by choosing contrast colors. We needed the senator to stand out, and we needed the colors to reflect her message too, y'know? So. White and red were part of the traditional Naboo ensemble to begin with, so they were in-- the big innovation here was the skirt, which we had to call in some smiths from Coruscant to consult on.

It's all stiff fabrics to start with, and then there's the single-wrought, burnished-copper overskirt which is just absolutely fixed. It doesn't move. It, literally, is a copper overskirt. We dressed the waist of it up with some red ribbon to provide color balance, and to work in the 'X' motif. We needed a subtly-antagonistic leitmotif, and the X's is where I ended up settling. There is an unshakable element of peril to them, and that's what we wanted to push. We want people to see the senator and say, "Yeesh, she's looking a bit more serious today." We want to push that seriousness, but we had to do it without shirking femininity.

From the start, I wanted to push some sort of tribal aspect to echo the 'baring of war,' but Ms. Amidala's being a frump sort of ruined that. We had a lot of hair to work with so we decided to go against the usual grain for the senator and let some hang down-- we took advantage of the up-dos to add some more contrast color with the accessories, and we finished the whole deal with some copper binding at the neck and sleeves to-- again-- balance colors.

In a nutshell, the look should scream gravity. The senator is a young woman in a game of alien men, and breaking away from that mold of naivety is key. The colors red and white together invoke images of spoiled virgins, of ruined empires, and the touch of copper shows the readiness of our senator to plunge herself into the conflict. In the space of a gown, we are trying to show that the senator is no longer a girl but a woman ready to place herself and the lives of billions onto the battlefield-- hopefully, that's what everyone else will see too.
    I figured the era represents her qualities as a strong and passionate leader.

elizabethI05.jpg
    B:L wrote:
    Alright here is my design.

Description:

Queen Amidala is one of, nay, the most prestigious member of the Senate.

Why then, does a beautiful young queen get constantly upstaged by an old fart dressed like some monk or maybe a pope?

Presence. (and evil dark side of the force influences)

It is extremely difficult to catch an eye when the floor is like this:

senatekp1.jpg

ESPECIALLY when your regular senate dress is the same exact color as the background. You're trying to stand out, not blend in!

But of course, she's been the target of assassination from the Trade Federation! What to do, due to what?

And the answer is:

amidalaredesign3fl1.jpg

Sporting the typical hyperbolic headpiece that Queen Amidala is accustomed to, this stylish redesign is both elegant AND functional. The headpiece is made of light yet sheen and durable durasteel, with a trendy iconic design that may later influence rebel alliances. It is held together in the front by the Naboo brooch, covered in rare gemstones from her home planet.

The creature around her waist is a pigmy ysalamari. Cute pets are all the rage these days, and the ysalamari is no exception! It also has force nullification powers, to prevent any mental force meddling during the senate committee meeting.

The costume is light and airy...to hide the functional commando outfit underneath and allow her skin to breathe (as seen in the see-through cross-section). Hidden pockets allow her quick access to two hidden holsters, one for a personal sidearm blaster and a larger one for a light repeating rifle or carbine.

And if that isn't enough to protect our damsel in distress, this dress is made to transform and roll out.

amidalaredesign2jh2.jpg
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Let's face it, sex sells, whether you're trying to hock a tasty rancor burger or an intergalactic peace resolution. But what to do when you can't be sure of what alien species is going to be gazing at your luscious curves?

This hot little gown is equipped with latest in digital display equipment. Using a high-resolution video screen placed strategically over the chest and state-of-the-art species-detection hardware, this dress will flash a hot set of heaving cleavage corresponding to whatever freakish alien being happens to be gazing your way. With their eyes firmly focused on your simulated bagongas, you can get them to swallow whatever Gungan-hugging nonsense you're trying to sell!

Available in Ya-Ya Yellow with Risque Red trim, or Melon Green with Nipple Pink trim.

Portable generator and 50' extension cord sold separately.

amidalajeffexx2.jpg
    James wrote:
    padmedress2.jpg

Styled after the army uniforms of the ancient British Empire, including a 'cocked hat' headdress as a tribute to the tricorne. Only one question remains: is she really ready to lead the Republic to war against the CIS, or is it just the dress?
    JKsubmission2.jpg
    Fluffy1.jpg
    For a young female politician on the rise, what's more important than looking good? Earn the adoration of your fellow senators with this glamorous outfit. Notice that it's almost entirely gold? Gold is awesome, all shiny and stuff. And look, there's a blue thing near her collar! Look how it stands out. It's a gem or something, like a shiny blue rock. Neat-o!

Of course, as a serious politician Padme can't just wear anything. While she has a rockin' body, it would be inappropriate to show it off -- that's just unprofessional. Better to look forbidding with this weird spikey thing that goes around her head. Not only will her colleagues rack their brains trying to figure it out, they'll cower in fear of her jabbing them with it, for it looks mighty sharp!

Definitely an outfit for big Senate meetings, and in her off time, seducing young damaged Jedi. Nothing screams "come here Anakin, direct some of those mother issues my way" like this!

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I !vote for Elendil

James on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    ^^^
    Submissions in order of receipt. Start voting!

Also, to speed things up for next time, please make your submissions in the following format:
    [ spoiler]
    [ img]yourpictureurl[ /img]
    blahblahblah[/spoiler]

And again, try to keep the pictures small (read the Rules post for details).

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I can't look at spoilers through a proxy!

D:

I have to wait until I get home from work I guess.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    No inactives? :(

You've got to be kidding me

At least post my outfit design Irene

Cold Salmon and Hatred on