As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's all just ching chang [chat] anyway

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »
    Doc wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Docs like 28 or 29 now?
    Not quite that old.
    Well I remember you were a year or two older than me in college I should have guessed 27, damn. I'll be 26 next year and honestly thought I'd have more done by 26.
    Stephen Crane, author of lots of great poetry as well as "The Red Badge of Courage," died at the age of 28. He'd finished the bulk of his work by the age of 26.

Michelangelo completed David at the age of 29.

I could go on, but it's really depressing.
    Listen, you can't go comparing yourselves to the greats. Start from the bottom. Like, I've accomplished way more at this point in my life than most people who are brain dead before they turn 18.

"Man, I kicked the shit out of all those downies! I'm like 'LEARN TO READ, RETARD!'"

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I haven't murdered anyone

I haven't killed anyone while driving drunk

I haven't raped anyone

I think those are decent accomplishments! I mean look at all the people who can't even avoid doing those!

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Man one of my buddies is working for the White House now :(

That doesn't sound very enviable. I would never want to deal with politics. I had my fill of trying to keep people from fucking themselves over due to greed and stupidity as an officer in my WoW guild.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    In my 26 years and one month I have accomplished fuck all.

Don't really care. I'm happy (ish), have an amazing boyfriend, and look superior 'cos I study Classics. What else do I need? :P (Don't answer that, the list would go on for pages...).

BobCesca on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hey, Sarkozy reminds me of Nixon in some of his pictures! :P

And there was a bombing in Paris??? D:

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I hated The Red Badge of Courage.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    I know, it's just a funny thing to think about. Every time I have to deal with the general public I remember how awesome I am, so that's always nice.

Example: I went to one of those meetings where they try to sell you a time share, since I could get a free trip (airfare and hotel) to Vegas out of it. We were all sitting in a room and a guy was writing stuff on the whiteboard.

Salesman: "So what are some people's ideas for dream vacations?"
    Person 1, very enthusiastic: "HAWAII!"
    Salesman: <writes it up on the board> "Okay, any other ideas?"
    Person 2, just as enthusiastic: "HAWAII!"
    Salesman: "..."

I'd say that about 2/3 of the people there ended up dropping 15-20k on time shares. That's silly, since the interest alone from that amount of money is enough to pay for a heck of nice hotel stay every year.

Doc on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    the only thing I hate about idiots is they always seem to have more cash than me

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, At 25 1/6th my greatest accomplishments so far are not having a criminal record, earning a bachelors degree (well, paying for one), and not being fucking retarded about most things in life. There's still one or 2 areas I *am* fucking retarded about but hey, what's life without areas to improve in?

JPants on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Hmm, a mother of five killed all her kids. D:

Link? Even though I'll feel sad about it.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    I do not have a birthday, I am timeless.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I know, it's just a funny thing to think about. Every time I have to deal with the general public I remember how awesome I am, so that's always nice.

Example: I went to one of those meetings where they try to sell you a time share, since I could get a free trip (airfare and hotel) to Vegas out of it. We were all sitting in a room and a guy was writing stuff on the whiteboard.

Salesman: "So what are some people's ideas for dream vacations?"
    Person 1, very enthusiastic: "HAWAII!"
    Salesman: <writes it up on the board> "Okay, any other ideas?"
    Person 2, just as enthusiastic: "HAWAII!"
    Salesman: "..."

I'd say that about 2/3 of the people there ended up dropping 15-20k on time shares. That's silly, since the interest alone from that amount of money is enough to pay for a heck of nice hotel stay every year.

You've told that story before, but I still love it, Doc.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

They mentioned it on the noon news today on CTV. I was surprised that Hap hadn't brought it up, but when I got back I found that he had.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    the only thing I hate about idiots is they always seem to have more cash than me

No they don't. They just go into debt to buy shit they can't afford.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    LaOs wrote: »

They mentioned it on the noon news today on CTV. I was surprised that Hap hadn't brought it up, but when I got back I found that he had.

It's fucked up, I'm going to try to find an English link.

Edit: And three more somewhere else, it seems. :(

Link

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    JPants wrote: »
    Yeah, At 25 1/6th my greatest accomplishments so far are not having a criminal record, earning a bachelors degree (well, paying for one), and not being fucking retarded about most things in life. There's still one or 2 areas I *am* fucking retarded about but hey, what's life without areas to improve in?

Well I am getting married next year, I live in a nice place, I work at a place that provides full medical and a 401k plan that they contribute to. I work in an industry that isn't going anywhere, and at 5 years of experience (6 by the time I am 26) I am becoming quite adept and hard to replace at my job.

I also am a pessimistic fuck who needs to pull his head out of the dirt and stop seeing everything as just one more problem in the world. As a friend of mine once said, I do nice things for people so they leave me alone. This is not a good thing.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    If you still have any idea what this All-Star House is that I'm doing, I've finally gotten into the era when our current incumbents start popping up, and it looks like the oldest of them, John Dingell, is going to wind up on the squad.

For those unaware or who have forgotten (and I know there are a lot of you), earlier this year I made an All-Star Senate, consisting of the two greatest Americans to have ever served each state in the Senate. (Of the current Senate, only four made it in, and one of them is leaving after 2008.) After it was done, I decided to make an All-Star House to go along with it. That would be the 435 greatest Americans (at least one per state, and then it's a free-for-all) to have served in the House that haven't already qualified through the Senate.

The reasons why I do this kind of extreme policy-wonk tedium to myself are many and horrifying. Don't try this at home.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Man one of my buddies is working for the White House now :(

That doesn't sound very enviable. I would never want to deal with politics. I had my fill of trying to keep people from fucking themselves over due to greed and stupidity as an officer in my WoW guild.

Well, I don't really mind the working in government part. My brother worked for the Senate leadership and the guy who's now working for the White House used to work for the Library of Congress. Hell, I've worked for pretty much every military or three-letter agency out there. It's just - you know - the White House - the Bush White House. Like I think he actually works there.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Sounded like it was, yeah. They had some footage of the police at the house and an empty swing swinging in the yard. Spent a few minutes on it, which was a bit surprising seeing as how it's German news, but I was glad they got out in the world a bit for today's newscast. The mother's in a crazy-house now, eh?

LaOs on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    COOKIES! >:3

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    And, to add what other people are saying, very few people are riding on their own talents. Sure, they may help, but the vast majority of people who are notable at our age have been pushed, prodded and helped along by their family and family's connections.

Sometimes I get annoyed because a few of my friends own their own houses/have a family/a great job, yet not a single person has bought the house without the help of their parents, had kids without mother to come round and look after them every afternoon, or has landed the job without inside connections.

Janson on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Inside connections are pretty cool. Same goes for nepotism.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Janson wrote: »
    And, to add what other people are saying, very few people are riding on their own talents. Sure, they may help, but the vast majority of people who are notable at our age have been pushed, prodded and helped along by their family and family's connections.

Sometimes I get annoyed because a few of my friends own their own houses/have a family/a great job, yet not a single person has bought the house without the help of their parents, had kids without mother to come round and look after them every afternoon, or has landed the job without inside connections.

The solution is to stab their parents. A lot. With a sharpened penis.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I merely exist, and that is proof alone of my superiority above all others.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Drez wrote: »

You deserve to be sent a Michael Jackson as a SS gift :P

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Yeah but I'd win in a fight because I'm the goodguy.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    what do you mean, white priviledge???

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    JPants wrote: »

Well I am getting married next year, I live in a nice place, I work at a place that provides full medical and a 401k plan that they contribute to. I work in an industry that isn't going anywhere, and at 5 years of experience (6 by the time I am 26) I am becoming quite adept and hard to replace at my job.

I also am a pessimistic fuck who needs to pull his head out of the dirt and stop seeing everything as just one more problem in the world. As a friend of mine once said, I do nice things for people so they leave me alone. This is not a good thing.

Yeah, My work, social, and living situations leave something to be desired for me, but I'm pretty happy with who I am as a person. Hopefully moving and getting a new job will fix most of the crap that bothers me on a day to day basis. Then i can work on the "getting in better shape" thing. Then i'll be UNSTOPPABLE!

JPants on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Sounded like it was, yeah. They had some footage of the police at the house and an empty swing swinging in the yard. Spent a few minutes on it, which was a bit surprising seeing as how it's German news, but I was glad they got out in the world a bit for today's newscast. The mother's in a crazy-house now, eh?

Yeah, she's in a "crazy-house" now. See my edit and Doc's link.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    How the FUCK do you apply makeup?

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

I'm the endboss of the internet. I am omniscient, I am omnipresent, I am omnipotent, and I am omnigasmic.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Thanatos:

What do you want for Christmas from me that's not an extraordinate amount of money?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Jinnigan wrote: »
    what do you mean, white priviledge???
    I need to get me some of that. I want my six-figure job, and my house in the Hamptons, dammit.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Thanatos:

What do you want for Christmas from me that's not an extraordinate amount of money?
    A four-bedroom, three-bathroom house.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007

With a cheese grater.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007

This eludes me as well. I can do lipstick and very basic 3-color eyeshadow, but I can't do blush without looking like a freaking clown.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Yeah, she's in a "crazy-house" now. See my edit and Doc's link.

What scares me is that they had her in the institution then discovered she murdered her boys, why wasn't someone already taking care of them when she was taken to an institution? Something doesn't add up or the article is screwed up.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Remember, don't put the lipstick on the lips, put it around the lips.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

I'm the endboss of the internet. I am omniscient, I am omnipresent, I am omnipotent, and I am omnigasmic.

Ominous!

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.