As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mini-phalla] Gerrinius VII was delicious

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Also, Rend was a delicious first meal.

Man, tyranids are douchebags! No fair killin' me on teh day onez. :(

And, psycholarry, I really wish I'd gotten to participate, because I thought these mechanics were genius.

Rend on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    NOM NOM NOM ASIAN NOM NOM NOMS

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Rend, if you would have been left alone you would have had contact with everyone forming a network and then you'd have figured us out sooner, it was vital you were taken out first.
    Actually, Squashua asked me to pick a name and yours was the first I thought of.

M.D. on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2007
    If you couldn't figure it out before, I was Adeptus Arbites, and could count bodies and ressurect troops.

Alright so this is what I thought of the game, I feel like a total chump for not putting in "enough time" publically, but I had a good deal of conversations with my teammate.

First, I think it would have been very beneficial to have some backgrounds on the different factions. When we seer'd B:L and found out he was CoSW, I had to fuckin research and deep to find out what the hell it was. Everything linked to C'Tan and Necrons. I'm not a simpleton on 40k lore either. I wouldn't have called him out on the thread if I knew he was on my side.

Second, I think my ability was broken. There was no incentive to NOT target myself in this small environment, however I could see it being useful in the long run. Being a moderately high profile phalla target in general, I think that digging in and targeting myself was the best use of my time every night.

And finally, since I didn't know that other people were being lazy with orders (I missed tonight sorry), I would like to say that this reminds me of Robot Phalla, in that most of the game goes on behind the scenes. It felt that way, there was little conversation on the thread because of it. I think that outlining the factions from the beginning would have helped flip that around, or a larger game with more active participants.

I had fun, I love the concept, the theme and the abilities from what I saw. Good stuff Larry, I'm looking forward to the next iteration.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Rend, if you would have been left alone you would have had contact with everyone forming a network and then you'd have figured us out sooner, it was vital you were taken out first.
    Actually, Squashua asked me to pick a name and yours was the first I thought of.

Hey, i don't ALWAYS form networks O.o

Sometimes they form around me. And in team games, I rarely do, since I already know who's on my team.

And, according to the Emperor, 6 freakin' people targeted me night 1. O.o

Rend on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    Man, we knew that Squashua was a tyranid too, I just didn't get home until way late so I couldn't call him on it.

Everyone pretty much knew last night. And you were on then.

Hell, I pretty much admitted such. I was just waiting for Embarkation to "come on late" and say "Squash and Oatway are making up this whole bullshit routine. I'm the Space Marine group!"

Anyway, simple process of elimination.

And I agree - more 40k background or more OVERT "I am on team X" role names would have helped. Then-again, for me it was the three of us vs. everyone else.

I'd like to see how many troops Valkun had (were the imperials sharing troops?) and/or if there was a guardian. That's why we didn't attack Robothero; he had to have had a guardian going for him. Had I thought it out, he'd have been the next one down.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Well, the game was a lot of fun. It kinda looked like the Digital Devil Saga mini phalla.

I didn't really know much about 40k (besides the comp game) so a brief on all the roles woulda been nice, not specific faction brief but space marines/tyranids/hive city/imperials and such.

Did every team start out knowing who their teammates were after they picked war gear?

M.D. on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I didn't know what was going on. I wasn't sure which factions were on my side for sure let alone who was which. (Couldn't get any feedback from death reveals on what sides were dying and who to look at for voting.) Only thing I knew was Asukui was Hive City (like me) and we confirmed that, but there wasn't anything we could do. I asked why we were voting for a suspected villager in the thread.

Short version: Being on my own I have no idea what I could have done.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Chaos did, and i think the guardsmen were divided into groups of two.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Did every team start out knowing who their teammates were after they picked war gear?

I had no teammates nor war gear.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Balance-wise for the Tyranids, with the second-ability power I chose, I felt like I was the least useful ability-wise of the group.

Mr. E. could do a total of 400 damage a round to one target, but "might" suffer if both 50-point attacks hit the same target.

Iamtheaznman could do a total of 350 against one target, and also had a single attack against him guarded (how did you know whose attack went first).

I had a single 300 attack, plus 50 points of attack to split up 10 per hit; I could do up to 330 on a single target and 20 on another. The "extra ability" I discovered was that by doing this I could hit a ton of people and fuck up total names of all the groups listed on the kill sheet. The problem with this was that it was only really helpful maybe day 1 and day 2, and I figured it out AFTER day 1. :)

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Nah I didn't have a guardian, I just knew that I could survive alot of attacks with my ability to ressurect myself.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Analysis Report:

PsychoLarry, you shouldn't make phallas. Ever.

Okay actual Feedback:

I liked it, granted, I wasn't in it for much time, but that was more of my error. The mechanics of the game are interesting, seeing how it's extremely rare (if at all) that a phalla participant gets to have a chance not dying from an attack based on his own attributes. Giving everybody a number of units to work with is coooool.

Of course, in the grand scheme of things, it also just creates a bandwagon train that's easier to shape for the village. The Village is able to vote out who they thing is suspicious, and coordinate attacks on the other targets they find too dangerous to continue living. In a main-sized phalla with 60 or more participants, it still leaves the game to be something to end extremely fast. Early mistakes cause huge issues and leaves the village at a disadvantage, since they'll more than likely shoot themselves in the foot when everybody attacks on Day 1 and wipes out their own, or possibly a more important unit squadron.

I liked my role. I jumped the gun when it came time to try and switch over to Chaos, but I was anxious to see what would happen if I decided to do that. I wouldn't have pulled off a Day 1 treason in a main phalla, but miniphallas just seem to encourage doing crazy things with the mechanics just to see what would happen. Which is why I love them so damn much. There are a few mechanics in the game that seem rather awkward, at best. It looked like you tried to balance the people with special abilities by giving them less units and killin' power, as noted by Rend to me. Plus, giving the Inquisitor 150 units and reliance on a Prisoner troop that can turn coat whenever they pleased as long as they got in contact with the enemy was kinda iffy. You may want to try to make that more difficult if you're going to launch it as a main phalla. Instead of an Inqusitor having a traitorous squad guard, you could let a Commisar player have them. In the event of the Commisar's death, the Prisoner Guard would then have the choice to switch sides if they could get in contact with the enemy and if both sides sent approval. I dunno.

Also I never did find out what "Digging in" meant, and how it was different from just not sending in anythin' at all.

Overall, I enjoyed it. It looks awesome, and with a bit of tweakin' I could see it bein' one of those phallas people won't shut the hell up about.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Digging in: If you don't attack, you take less casualties. It wasn't very obscure.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Obbi I answered that for you, pfft you were missing the key item.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Did I miss that rule? Tyranids could "dig in"?

Damn. Glad we didn't.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Obbi wrote: »
    Analysis Report:

PsychoLarry, you shouldn't make phallas. Ever.

What.

Superhero Phalla is easily in my top 3.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    If it was Gerrinius IV, not VII, we could say "Gerrinius IV Skin was Tasty!" for the dick joke.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Tyranids had crazy good kills... O.o The chaos didn't have nearly so many. Didn't help, though, that we got wiped day 1 -_-

Rend on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Infidel wrote: »
    Digging in: If you don't attack, you take less casualties. It wasn't very obscure.
    5. Guarding – Players that do not specify an attack or specify that they are digging in will be considered entrenched. Entrenchment applies a 15% reduction to any attacks targeted at the player. This may be done as much as you like.

If you don't send anything in, you take less casualties. What did Diggin' in accomplish if you could just not send anything and get the same result.

but regardless I'm gonna go see what Mr. E had to say about diggin' in.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Obbi wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    5. Guarding – Players that do not specify an attack or specify that they are digging in will be considered entrenched. Entrenchment applies a 15% reduction to any attacks targeted at the player. This may be done as much as you like.

If you don't send anything in, you take less casualties. What did Diggin' in accomplish if you could just not send anything and get the same result.

but regardless I'm gonna go see what Mr. E had to say about diggin' in.

Saying one is digging in is numerically identical to not sending in an order, except that if you specify diggin in he doesn't see you as inactive.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    he could see that from the votin'

The system he created was inefficient.

Also it was too difficult to obtain ice cream.

Obbi on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Goddamnit, I was working so hard.

SO HARD. And you had to kill Zanmatto. :x

Thanks a lot for PM'ing Squashua and getting yourself killed, zanmatto. :cry:

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Also obbi, on the ease of treason: The only reason your treason went to smoothly is because i just happened to have been evil, and you just happened to contact me day 1 and be like "zomg rend r u evilz?" ;p

I think it would have been alot more difficult if it hadn't been you and I in respective positions.

Rend on
  • Options
    ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, after everyone killed Typhus I really had no goal left. So I decided to just pretend being networked and drawing fire for my 1200 troops. Had 220 left minus whatever was lost this night.

300 kills while above 400 troops.
    1 kill for every 2 troops below 400.

Alternate Equipment Choice: 1000 men, 1 extra hit for 150 every other night. Can target 'special characters' but only deal 50 kills.

Valkun on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Shit, I'm one of those who neglected to send a vote in. Very sorry.

That said, I really enjoyed the game. I like Phalla games that do things differently, like Phalla Royale. I'd love to see this game on a larger scale. The only problem I could see cropping up is something you mentioned in the initial post - it could either be over quick, or could drag on. Maybe set a time limit? Encourage the various factions to fight. Last one standing wins, but otherwise in a tie, you could base it on how many players are surviving or how large their respective armies are.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    My treason didn't go smoothly.

it went fast because of you. And hard. The unfortunate events that went afterwards with Zan being informed that I turned coat (without having the decency of killing him), followed by Zan seeering DA (The guy who converted me)

had I waited later on, and we had established a better trust thing, we could've planned it better. In a bigger phalla I could see that working anyway, especially when your guarding and serving a guy who's the Inquisitor, who can seer.

But regardless, there's very little reason to turn coat as a prisoner squad. You don't even get all warp corrupted!

Obbi on
  • Options
    WhodWhod Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I signed up for this phalla because I thought it sounded really cool. The fact that everyone, regardless of their role, had some sneaky underhanded attack under their sleeve every night was great! I felt like a little devil :evil:

While I have to admit that I knew nothing (and still don't know) anything about the theme of this game, my role was explained well and the mechanics were clear. In fact, my interrogation/stun ability was really neat and it would have been cool to use it to prolong that players death etc (like we talked about PL1.. although I think you mentioned that it would be too complicated to allow).

My biggest problem in understanding this phalla were the results. I was able to reason out a list of who might be what based on who suffered losses etc each night but I still had no idea of what it meant to be Hive City or Church of Starry Wisdom, etc. I wasn't sure whether killing someone was a good thing or bad! I probably should have researched the theme more before signing up so that you wouldn't be stuck with such a noob but I couldn't resist the mechanics.

All in all, I liked it and wish I had the chance to win! I was still at full force and everything!

Whod on
    Co-lead, Hello Kitty Pretty Princess Guild
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Valkun wrote: »
    Yeah, after everyone killed Typhus I really had no goal left. So I decided to just pretend being networked and drawing fire for my 1200 troops. Had 220 left minus whatever was lost this night.

300 kills while above 400 troops.
    1 kill for every 2 troops below 400.

Alternate Equipment Choice: 1000 men, 1 extra hit for 150 every other night. Can target 'special characters' but only deal 50 kills.

Wait, you couldn't guard anyone? D:

Whatever happened to the plan I laid out, robothero?

If I wanted to change anything, I'd say that my role needs to be better named. Instantly the good guys thought I was a bad guy, and the bad guys thought I was a bad guy. Being the covert Churchy guy that I am, I had to work TOO hard for the good guys to trust me. :x

Zanmatto and Robothero seered me turn 2. Robothero seered me turn 3. Robothero then seered zanmatto turn 4 before he trusted me, and given that zanmatto went over to Squashua and triggered his own death, zanmatto still didn't trust me. O_o

• Options
    ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    That's one thing I had a problem with too, even with a fair understanding of 40k lore, it was impossible to tell whether certain factions were good or evil.

Biggest Complain:
    Not enough Waaagh!

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    Goddamnit, I was working so hard.

SO HARD. And you had to kill Zanmatto. :x

Thanks a lot for PM'ing Squashua and getting yourself killed, zanmatto. :cry:

We were going to do it anyway; I was going to waffle back to him. I just wonder if we OVERKILLED him just a bit. :) How big was your troop size, Zan?

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh, I didn't actually seer you B:L, Whod, the other Arbiter did.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    Oh, I didn't actually seer you B:L, Whod, the other Arbiter did.

Well you know what I mean. :P

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Valkun wrote: »
    That's one thing I had a problem with too, even with a fair understanding of 40k lore, it was impossible to tell whether certain factions were good or evil.

That's kind of why I asked that question a few days ago that Robothero answered ("Which group is friendly to who?") and played it like I was a religious group or something.

I wanted to know which group was getting shafted by all the Imperium roles that we could maybe team up with out of their own desperation.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    One thing I wanted to do was in the Disgaea Phalla on the night where I said "Locus, uuh, Infidel", as I was screwing with Embarkation, I wanted to respond to Zot with a "Well, I don't know HOW to use Proboards", even though I had just signed Mr. Embarkation up to a proboard for 40k Phalla.

Then I remembered PhalLOST and told myself to forget it as an invalid argument anyway.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    So... were my daily damage calls accurate on the Tyranid Board (Damage Report Thread)?

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Honestly though, it's 40k. Everyone fucks everyone else over. And everyone kills IG.

Except Space marines. Unless they turn to chaos or go rogue.

So yeah, everyone.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Day 1
    Your bunker was peppered with rounds, leaving you with 540 men after medical care was administered. Also, half of your unit spent the night in a massive drunken orgy.

Collecting the dead, you find:
    40 fallen Space Marines of the Dauntless Fury chapter
    1000 dead Guardsmen who bear the marks of Chaos
    1000 dead Chaos Cultists
    360 of your own men
    140 Dead Hive City Mob Members
    50 dead Hive City Mob Members
    520 dead members of the Church of Starry Wisdom
    385 dead members of the Temple of the End Times
    1000 dead Imperial Guardsmen
    80 dead Imperial Guardsmen

Day 3
    The attacks this turn have left you with 430 men.
    When you survey the dead you find
    1000 Chaos Guardsmen
    110 of your own men
    600 Imperial Guardsmen
    60 Space Marines of the Unwavering Wrath chapter
    70 Imperial Guardsmen
    10 Tyranid Warriors
    400 Chaos Space Marines of the Harmonious Strike chapter
    850 Hive City Mob Members

Day 3
    Surveying the dead, you find:
    230 Battle Brothers of the Unwavering Wrath chapter
    350 Guardsmen
    60 Guardsmen
    10 Guardsmen
    100 Tyranid Warriors
    300 Tyranid Warriors
    250 Hive City Mob members
    210 Hive City Mob members
    125 Members of the Church of Starry Wisdom

You receive a comm-link message: “Do not trust the Church. Their Emperor sits on a throne of lies."

Unknown User on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Roles

Space Marines (Zot the Dauntless Fury and Oatway the Unwavering Wrath)
    The Emperor’s Pride! You lead a cadre of the most elite warriors to ever spill blood in this universe. For countless centuries you and your battle brothers have traversed the warp to end any threat, no matter how immense, that would challenge the rule of the immortal Emperor. Bow your head in prayer, for the enemies of humanity are legion!

Here on the hive world Gerrinius VII, dark rumors have reached your Primarch’s ears of dark cabals and foul mutants. It is your holy duty to cleanse this heresy, to bathe the unworthy in righteous flame, and to honor His name over all.
    You and your 400 warriors may kill one man for every Brother left among you. Your Armor also protects you from 15% of any attack every turn. You will win should all threats to the Imperium be wiped out. Another Company of Space Marines has also been dropped into the city, led by XXXX.

Your Chapter, the Dauntless Fury/Unwavering Wrath was formed from the geneseed of which founding chapter?

1. Ultramarines – The epitome of the disciplined Marine, the Ultramarines are the bane of Xenos everywhere, haunted as they are by memories of the heroic sacrifice of 1st company to halt the Tyranid Behemoth fleet. Armed with Lightning claws and Flamers, your attacks on any Xenos will deal an additional 25% casualties. Note that both players picked the anti-tyranid ability then proceeded to never even try to attack the tyranids.

2. The Blood Angels – Since the death of Sanguinus at the hands of the Traitor Horus, the Blood Angels have pledged themselves to the destruction of all those who follow the path of Chaos. Equipped with ancient holy weapons and the glorious faith of your chaplains, you will kill an additional 25% of any heretics you attack.

3. Iron Hands – The Emperor took frail flesh and made it mighty in the Space Marines. The Iron Hands took this idea and expanded it, augmenting any weakness with the strength of technology. Behind strong Terminator armor and aided by techpriests, the Iron Hands can withstand enormous amounts of damage. Your casualties are reduced by a further 10%.

Imperial Guard (Valkun, Zellpher, Typhus733, Shamus)
    The Space Marines may receive the glory, but it’s the Guard that does the dirty work. Billions of men fight on countless worlds, giving their lives in vast numbers to protect the Imperium of man. Where one man falls, 10 will take his place, and if the vast arsenal of weapons at your disposal will not destroy the threat, then surely the enemy will drown on your blood.

Here on the hive world of Gerrinius VII you have been called up by the Provincial Governor to defend the citizens against a host of foul aliens and heretics. Man the guns men, and put your faith in the Emperor, for only he will see you sane and healthy through these horrors.

You command 1000 men, and may kill 300 each night. Once your numbers fall below 300, you will be able to kill 1 man for every 2 you have left. Victory comes with the defeat of all evil forces plaguing the city. Though there are many Guardsmen in the city, you know only that XXXX fights alongside you.

What is your Battalion equipped with?
    Typhus733 - 1. A Psyker –Though some frown on the use of such aberrations, the Guard has found uses for the talents of these unstable individuals. You may peer into the mind of any group in the city and see where their loyalties lie. After using the psyker’s ability twice however, he will be consumed by the power of the warp and die.

2. A Commissar – If you will not serve in battle, then you will serve on the firing line! Commissars ensure the troops do not falter or befoul the Emperor’s name with cowardice. Any turn, you may sacrifice 100 of your men to deal an extra 125 kills. After 2 uses though, your men may mutiny and kill the commissar.

Zellpher - 3. A Chimera – Why spend your time exposed on the battlefield when you can be just as effective behind a thick wall of metal? The first 2 attacks against you will be deflected before the Chimera is destroyed. When it explodes it will take 200 of your troops with it, but will provide 10% cover for the rest of the game.

1. A Sniper Squad – These 10 men take the place of 150 of your troops, but in return, you may pick any group for a sniper assault. Any specific character that group has will be killed, removing their abilities permanently. If no special characters are present, the morale damage dealt by the deaths of their leadership will cause that group to perform with 20% less effectiveness then usual for the turn.

Shamus - 2. An Earthshaker battery – Reach out and touch someone. You have been tasked with long range artillery so powerful it has been known to level entire battlefields. Once in the game you may sight the barrage, killing whoever you target outright, regardless of defenses. You may not attack when using the Earthshaker.

3. Kasrkin Squad – These 100 Special Forces troops replace 400 of your normal men, but carry with them the best weaponry and training available to the Guard. You may deal an additional 100 kills every night, and as these elite troops will be the last standing survivors, you will always be able to deal 100 kills as long as you control at least 100 men.

Valkun - 4. Heavy Weapons Squad – Bringing out the big guns! You have 100 men fewer then normal, but may fire a heavy volley every other turn. The volley deals an additional 150 kills. You may choose a targeted strike instead, which will kill any special characters, but only deal 50 kills.

5. Conscripts – Green Horns to soak up the fire, Vox Casters to lead them. You gain an additional 200 men. These men do not add to your kills, and your 1 for 2 men kill cut off is now 400 instead of 300.

Witch Hunters/Inquisitor (Zanmatto)
    Cast out the traitor, the mutant, the heretic! You are the bastion of pure faith in a galaxy beset on all sides by enemies beyond imagining. Should the citizens of the Imperium know the vast threats that sit on all sides of them, they would surely go mad. You are charged as the defender of the Emperor’s name to purge by fire all weakness in his name!

Here on the hive world of Gerrinius VII you have been dispatched from your Chapel to end the breeding of dark pacts of treachery and heresy, as well as the spread of any seeds of Xenos contagion that may fester in the bowls of the city. Though the Grand Inquisitor remains in orbit above to test the faith of the masses, he has sent you and a small force of trusted warriors and advisors to be sure his will is carried out.

You and your retinue of 100 must not suffer any offense to the Emperor’s sight, and rid the city of all Heresy and foul Alien. For exposure to these corruptions, the inhabitants of the city must also be exterminated. You may use your Flagellants and flames to kill 150 men per turn. You have been tasked with a battalion of prisoner guard, led by XXXX who will sacrifice themselves to the last man before you take a single casualty.

Each turn you may either:
    1. Gaze into the minds of any group around you, and know their innermost thoughts.

2. Use your influence with the Grand Inquisitor to alter the vote for interrogation. Your vote counts as 3 on this day.

3. Use your power as Inquisitor to force the Provisional Governor to alter the attack target of one of his Imperial Guard Battalions. If you fail to select a group of Imperial Guardsmen, nothing will occur. You may do this action once.

4. Send out an agent of the Officio Assassinorum temples to eliminate a group’s leadership. Any special characters will be killed, removing their ability, and if no special characters are present, the morale loss will cause a 20% decrease in combat effectiveness for the turn as well as the next turn.

Prisoner Guard (Obbi)
    You and your men have been bad. Bad enough to be consigned to a frigid penitentiary planet to labor until you die. However, the Emperor has need of all his servants, even those that have sinned against him. The Inquisition has offered you a way out of your shame, service on the battlefield. With explosive collars to ensure obedience, your troops march to war for the Emperor, and for a clean slate.

Here on the hive world Gerrinius VII the Inquisition has set its sights on the growing numbers of Heretics and Aliens found amongst the billions of people. This is all you know, and need know: the Inquisitor must be protected at all costs, and his mission must be seen to completion.

You lead 1000 men and may kill 300 every turn. Once your numbers dwindle to under 300 you may kill one man for every 2 you have left. Any attacks on the Inquisitor will hit you instead, until you have no men left. You win if the Inquisitor, XXXX meets his victory conditions.

However, should you feel the stirrings of your criminal nature, there are those on the side of evil who may be able to assist you with the removal of your collars. Should you find yourself in contact with this person, PM me his name and you will be given new instructions.

Traitor Guardsmen (Grundlterror)
    The warp speaks to you, the False Emperor and his Empire of lies will all burn! All around you there are fools praising his name with the false hope that it will save them from the doom that awaits all creation. Only you understand that in the end, all will bow to Chaos. Let there be blood all around, Chaos is strong!

In the fight on the hive world of Gerrinius VII you fight alongside XXXX the loyal Guard battalion, who does not realize your true intent. Your true brethren are XXXX and XXXX, the servants of Chaos. Each turn you may use your 1000 men to kill 300. Once your numbers fall below 300 you may kill 1 man for every 2 you control. Victory comes when Chaos is the sole power left on Gerrinius V. Every turn you may send me a short message to have anonymously added to the narration, this action may be denied at my discretion (don’t try to break the game).

What is your Battalion equipped with:
    1. A Biker Squadron – These rapid assault vehicles ensure that that you are always the first to the fight. Though your battalion is 150 men weaker for their use, your kills occur before any others.

2. A Daemon pack – Each night, these foul beasts of the warp emerge from hidden recesses in your Headquarters to slaughter your foes. They may deal 150 kills to the target of your choice each turn, occurring after normal attacks. Normal protections remain in play. However, it will not be long before these attacks draw the attention of your compatriots, and after 2 turns, the other Imperial Guardsmen around you will be notified of your status as a traitor.

3. A fallen Imperial Hero – This once proud champion of the Imperium has become disgruntled with the Empire’s treatment of its citizens. The fighting on Macragge against the Tyranid scum made him a warrior, but countless battles have shown him the folly of the Emperor’s path. He has finally succumbed to the warm embrace of Chaos, and given his prowess over to your command. While he lives your loyalty to the Emperor will be unquestionable (you will seer as good), and you gain an additional 15% kills against Xenos. Another anti-tyranid player killed before doing any damage to the tyranids.

Chaos Space Marines (DevoutlyApathetic)
    The Universe will burn! Death to the False Emperor and his sniveling lackeys! You have seen the true path, and it is bathed in the blood of the innocent. Once your mighty warriors fought as the finest Soldiers of the Imperium, but for ten Millenia you have brooded in the warp, gaining strength only from slaughter. Now it is time for the ascendancy of the true powers of this universe.

Here on the hive world of Gerrinius VII your warriors have hid in the shadows, whispering the secrets of the Chaos gods to the worthy. A force of Imperial troops has appeared to thwart your efforts to claim this planet for Chaos, but they are not aware of the reach of your powers. Show them what it means to embrace the pain of the warp! You have also heard that some foul species of Alien is attempting to consume the populace as well. This must not be!

You and your 400 men may deal out a kill for every one of your men left alive. Your Marine armor provides you with a 15% reduction in casualties each turn. You know that the Guardsmen Battalion commanded by XXXX is loyal to your cause, and you work with the cultists led by XXXX to further your aim. You also have the power to free any Guardsmen in unwanted service over to you side. Should prisoner Guardsmen contact you, PM me their name and they will become a servant of Chaos. You will be victorious when all Imperial troops and Aliens are dead, and you outnumber the inhabitants of the city.

What is the strength of your Chapter?
    1. Pledged to Nurgle – Plague and Rot are your allies. Every turn, select 3 players. They will each suffer 50 kills, regardless of defenses.

2. Pledged to Slaanesh – You have embraced the glorious pleasure of absolute ecstasy. Each night select 2 players. Half of their troops will be driven mad with pleasure and not attack.

3. Pledged to Tzeentch – Deceit and trickery all around. Any seering directed at you will result in a false seering, making you appear as some other player’s role in the game. Should your librarian die, this effect will no longer function.

4. Pledged to Khorne – Blood for the Blood God! Only slaughter will please your master. You deal an additional 25% casualties each turn. Your armor provides only 5% casualty reduction.

Chaos Cultists (Rend)
    The Universe will burn! Death to the False Emperor and his sniveling lackeys! You have seen the true path, and it is bathed in the blood of the innocent. Through the mighty hand of Chaos you will find power far beyond the understanding of mortal men. Backed by the might of the Chaos Space Marines you will bring this planet to the service of the Dark Gods!

Here on the hive world of Gerrinius VII you will battle the forces of good for the minds of the billions of chattel housed within. All that stands in your path is a few thousand the Emperor’s troops and some mindless scourge of Aliens. Chaos will bring you strength, and through that strength, victory!

You and your 1000 men may kill 250 men each day. When your numbers reach 400 you may kill one man for every 2 you control. Victory comes when all Imperial and Xenos forces are eliminated. You work alongside XXXX the Chaos Space Marines, as well as XXXX a group of traitor Guardsmen, to bring about the ascendancy of Chaos.

What have the Chaos Gods blessed you with?
    1. A Daemon Prince – Though you had to sacrifice 200 men to the Chaos gods, they repaid you with this mighty leader! You may deal an additional 50 kills each night, until you have no men left. You may also sacrifice the Daemon Prince to kill any special character controlled by a different group.

2. A Chaos Sorcerer – The knowledge of the Warp bends to his will! Every turn you may either a) Gaze into the mind of an enemy and know him; b) Bind your foe, preventing one player from attacking; c) Move the hearts of men, causing your vote to count as 3.

3. Gibbering Horde – A pack of minor daemons surrounds your followers. Only after clearing them may your enemies deal with you. The first 2 attacks directed at you will be deflected.

Tyranids (iamtheaznman, Mr. Embarkation, Squashua)
    Mind commands. Consume matter, build matter, surpass. Expand. Grow. Envelop!

Gerrinius VII ripe with matter, flesh, food. Destruction must be avoided. Create feast for incoming Overmind biomass. Remove all obstacles.

You are the swarm leader of 800 Tyranid warriors. Through slow assimilation of one of the hive planet Gerrinius VII’s churches, you have spread your biomass over a segment of the populace large enough to conquer the warriors that defend the planet and any other adversaries that stand against you. Swarm leaders XXXX and XXXX work with you to ensure a Tyranid victory. Each turn you may kill 300 people, when your numbers dip below 400 you may kill one person for every 3 humans you have killed in the game so far. You will win if you defeat all Imperial forces and any worshipers of the dark gods.

What have you formed from the biomass?
    1. A Carnifex – Chitin plates and reaping blades. You have 200 less warriors, but may absorb the first attack against you and deal an additional 50 kills per turn. You lose the Carnifex when you have less then 200 men.

2. Biovore – A genetic artillery attack, but slow moving. Each turn you may select a target. That target will be dealt 100 casualties on the next turn. If the target is dead nothing occurs.

3. Termagants – Slower, but better equipped to deal death. You gain 100 kills each turn, but your kills will always occur last.

Or

1. Genestealers – Your assimilation has not finished, you still control a number of genestealers. Each turn select 2 players. You will draw 50 men, or half of their force if they no longer control 50 men, into your control. These drawings count as kills for the sake of your attacks.

2. A Hive Tyrant – The mighty champion of the swarm! Though you control only 400 Tyranids, you have a mighty beast at the head of your forces. The Tyrant may kill 100 men each turn, and may once be used to stop half of all attacks directed at you, or twice to provide 25% protection.

3. A puppet congregation – You have left a portion of the converted populace looking normal enough to pass as human. Should anyone attempt to glean your nature, they will be diverted by this seemingly loyal band. Should you suffer more then 400 casualties though, your control will be weakened and you will appear as Tyranid. While unrevealed, you may send me a short message to be added to the narration anonymously every turn. This message may be rejected based on my discretion (don’t try to break the game).

Or
    Squashua
    1. Mind worms – Every turn, the worms work their way into the minds of as many groups as they can find, bending them to your will. Select up 5 players (a player may be selected as many as 3 times each turn) and you will gain 10 troops from each.

2. Absorbed Tech-Priest – One of the Imperium’s vaunted engineers was left poorly guarded and absorbed into your swarm. Should a Prisoner guardsmen unit contact you, you will be able to bring them into the Hive-mind without destroying their flesh (They will then share your win conditions). You are also able to utilize any downed enemy armor, giving you 5% protection for every 50 armored characters you kill.

3. Flesh Walls – Unnecessary biomass was utilized as pulsing hideous walls of oozing flesh, guarding the hive from unwanted intrusion. The first two attacks directed at you will be deflected. In addition, should those attacks be from the basic masses, 50 men will be lost to madness at the sight of these walls.

Hive Planet Horde (Infidel and Asukui)
    You are the unwashed masses of citizens that inhabit this planet. You know of nothing beyond this world, save what you have heard from the Imperial Priests and traveling merchants. You number in the billions, but have no real martial ability or weaponry. You have been called upon now though, by the Provisional Governor to defend your home from corruption within. Very well, to the barricades.

Gerrinius VII is filled with traitors and foul aliens. You aren’t sure how to help, but you will do your best. Some of the mightiest forces of the Imperium have appeared to cleanse your world! Your only hope is that they allow you to return to your life once the war is over.

You lead a mob of 1200 citizens. Armed only with basic tools and rudimentary weapons, you may kill 100 people every turn. Your large numbers and long citizenship mean your votes count double. You will gain weaponry as you find it, with the addition to kills depending on who you kill each turn. In addition, you may place yourself in the service of the Emperor, absorbing any attacks directed towards a unit of your choice.

Adeptus Arbites (robothero and whod)
    You and your men are the civil guard of this planet. You are not truly guarded for war, your aim is to control the populace. Nevertheless, you are girded for any engagement imaginable by the Provisional Governor. This planet will know order by the Emperor!

Gerrinius VII has been undermined by disgusting Aliens and foul Heretics. Should their treachery succeed your name will be forever shamed and any surviving men will be executed for treason. You must not let this be!

You and your 900 men must bring order to this planet. You serve alongside XXXX, a fellow Arbites unit. Your votes for inquisition count double each turn, and you may kill 200 men each turn. When you have lost half of your men, you may kill one man for every three men left to you. Your riot gear provides you with a 20% reduction in casualties from attackers not heavily armed.

Which unit are you equipped with?
    Robothero
    1. A triage unit – At the end of every day you send out stretcher bearers and medics to tend to the fallen. You alone will be able to know who has died and in what numbers. You will also be able to bring 10% of a selected units casualties back to fighting strength.

Whod
    2. Pacifiers – Stun Equipment the finest bindings made in the Imperium. Each turn you may select a group of men to question or detain, half of their force will be unable to attack that turn, and you might learn their nature.

True Cultists (B:L and TehSpectre) Yes I really did use Lovecraft goddamit, I am the damn GM and this was my joke!
    The fools around you speak of Immortal Emperors and the Gods of Chaos. They don’t truly understand what drives this universe. You have read the mad scribblings of Abdul Alhazred, and uttered the correct incantations. You see that the stars were right! The Elder Gods will soon awake from their slumber and descend to slaughter all! You will be the blessed first to find peace in death! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

All around you wages a battle for the minds of the populace of Gerrinius VII. Imperial idiots, Chaos fools, and Tyranid automatons fight to control a worthless piece of rubble in the middle of the realm of the Elder Gods. They do not realize that soon all life will be snuffed in a cataclysm of rebirth as dread Cthulhu and his kin arise. Create for the true Gods a sacrifice worthy of their name!

You command 1000 true believers. None know of your existence, and should anyone gaze into your mind, they will be unable to understand your intent (you will appear innocent to the Inquisition). You may kill 150 men per turn. You and XXXX must make sure that every man Gerrinius VII lies dead and ruined to ensure your dark rituals succeed. Each turn you may send me a short message to anonymously PM to a player. This action may be denied based on my discretion (don’t try to break the game).

Are you:
    B:L
    1. Devoted to Hastur – Half brother of Cthulhu, you worship he who cannot be named. Should you be seered by an Inquisitor, the appearance of the name in the fool’s mind will drive him mad. Half of all Inquisitor led attack from then on will hit randomly, you may never be targeted by the Inquisition, and should you and he last until Turn 5, you may have him initiate Exterminatus, satisfying your win conditions.

2. Devoted to Nyarlathotep – The messenger of the Outer Gods, he walks among you as a joyus man. Should a seer target you, you will appear as some other character. Every 50 men you kill grant you the ability to kill an additional 20 kills per turn. Every other turn beginning with turn two select a player to lose his bearings, attacking anyone but his intended target and you.

3. Devoted to Yog-Sothoth –There is no peace at the gates! You bring both the corruption and the knowledge. Every turn you may either a) Select two player, each will lose 50 men to corruption and madness; b) Select a player, the whispers of the All-in-one will cause him to blurt his nature to the thread; c) Divert the Inquisition’s vote target to some more deserving fool. Any action requires the sacrifice of 150 men.

Or
    Tehspectre
    1. Devoted to Cthulhu – You waited long in the deeps of Gerrinius VII for the true time to awaken the dread god. Now it has come, bring forth the rising of R’lyeh and his awakening! A shoggoth aids you, granting you an additional 100 kills per turn. Should you manage to kill 1500 men, the dread god will be summoned, killing all and granting you your victory conditions.

2. Devoted to the Unnamable – What lies behind the yellow door? Secrets so terrible that no man may comprehend them. The first two attacks against you will balk in horror. Every turn select 2 players. 25 of their men will become enthralled by the sign and walk with you instead.

3. Devoted to Azathoth – Each of your men has signed their name in blood and taken a new secret name. You are pledged to the monstrous nuclear chaos beyond angled space cloaked in the name Azathoth. It forever hungers. The worshippers of Chaos do not truly understand what Chaos is, and you will be able to kill 25% more of them each turn. Every turn you may sacrifice 200 of your men to his hunger to ensure that he consumes 250 of your enemies. You may also sacrifice 700 of your men once to create a great feast, killing 900 of your enemies divided as you choose. These sacrifices count as your attack for the turn.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Holy shit.

I thought I made a mistake in going with a grudge kill (decided to use the Earthshaker Batter) on Grundlterror.

Shamus on