Options

Dude are those real?

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Guns are cool. But expensive. D:

edit: I collect nutcrackers. I wanted one when I was little because I thought they were cool, and it turned into an every year kinda thing.

i get a discount on the firearms at the store i work at.

Sweet. I really want a hunting rifle this year but, like I said, they're fucking expensive, so... :|

You live in California, right?

If you're serious about a hunting rifle, gun maintenance, and gun safety, there are ways you can get a fine hunting rifle perfectly cheap.

I'm not old enough to buy one myself... you have to be 18, right? Also, I love gun maintenance. Cleaning your gun is soothing. And of course gun safety is paramount.

Also, I'd like a .40 calliber pistol for recreational shooting.

18, I believe, for either rifles or handguns in Texas. Nowhere else matters, because they're all a bunch of nazi's.

If you go to a gunshow, you can find good deals on used or new firearms, but reading about a rifle on websites is a good place to start at.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I think CA has different laws concerning handguns.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I think CA has different laws concerning handguns.

They definitely do.

That is because CA stands for Criminal Association.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yup. You have to be 21 to purchase a handgun in this state.

And you can't have automatic weapons at all and that is bullshit :x

Also, I love to shoot my mom's .22 and wished the banana clip she DOESN'T HAVE :winky: for it wasn't illegal in this state.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Also, I love to shoot my mom's .22 and wished the banana clip she DOESN'T HAVE :winky: for it wasn't illegal in this state.

Is it .22 LR?

Because I have a .10/22 LR and I have two banana clips for it and the damn things jam at the slightest moment and this infuriates me, because I think a) ammo is causing it b)i may need to file something down and that's just a pain in the ass.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    I got my shotgun when I was...shit. I had to be in 6th or 7th grade.
    I had already gone hunting a few times with some relatives of ours, using one of their guns. I was actually a decent shot. My first pheasant is stuffed and mounted on the wall in my room at dad's.

My first shotgun, though, turned out to be just a little too long for me. The way I had to hold it, the butt would kick back into my upper arm on the recoil. I didn't realize how bad it was until a few hours later.
    We're sitting around at the relatives' house, when my cousin goes "Dude, what the hell is wrong with your arm?" Turns out, my arm was one giant bruise, from the shoulder to just above the elbow. Hurt like a bitch for a few weeks.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    yeah my .22 LR will jam with certain ammo brands

i can't remember if the shinier rounds were better or worse

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    They have these things called youth guns, they're pretty neat for the small kids, I guess.

I was hunting by the 1st grade, it was pretty awesome. Used a singleshot 20 gauge for 2 years, then moved up to 12 gauge and then in 3rd grade I shot my first hog with a .243

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Is it .22 LR?

Because I have a .10/22 LR and I have two banana clips for it and the damn things jam at the slightest moment and this infuriates me, because I think a) ammo is causing it b)i may need to file something down and that's just a pain in the ass.

See, my mom's Ruger 10/22 has the same problem. Personally, I think the clip-spring isn't feeding the rounds fast enough, i.e., it's underpowered. The 10/22 is by all accounts a really sturdy gun, hence it's place as America's favorite rifle.

We have the fancy model, with the composite barrel. Thing feels like a NERF gun... good for... um... culling the squirrel population.

Fom a truck.

edit: HA. I remember mentioning child-sized rifles to this friend of mine when he said his parents were having trouble finding a gun that would be comfortable for his little brother (everyone hunts in Wyoming, you see) and this hippy girl sitting near us at lunch got SO OFFENDED. She was laughed at by everyone.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    The gun I started hunting with, my cousin's, wasn't a youth gun. It was full-size, but I could still use it.
    My gun, on the other hand, was just a little bit longer. Just long enough to kick into my arm.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Is it .22 LR?

See, my mom's Ruger 10/22 has the same problem. Personally, I think the clip-spring isn't feeding the rounds fast enough, i.e., it's underpowered. The 10/22 is by all accounts a really sturdy gun, hence it's place as America's favorite rifle.

We have the fancy model, with the composite barrel. Thing feels like a NERF gun... good for... um... culling the squirrel population.

Fom a truck.

edit: HA. I remember mentioning child-sized rifles to this friend of mine when he said his parents were having trouble finding a gun that would be comfortable for his little brother (everyone hunts in Wyoming, you see) and this hippy girl sitting near us at lunch got SO OFFENDED. She was laughed at by everyone.

People that get butthurt about hunting are the ones that I go out of my way to offend. My Ruger has a bull barrel on it, got some weight to it, accurate to a pin, but the only magazine for it that's worth a damn is the one that came with it, and the two clips I would like to use aren't worth a shit.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I don't know the exact limitations, but I know MS has extremely relaxed gun and knife laws compared to most states.

Also, when I was a kid me and my friend took his dad's bulletproof vest, went out in the woods and shot eachother with bb guns.

oh what a day.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Is it .22 LR?

Fom a truck.

People that get butthurt about hunting are the ones that I go out of my way to offend. My Ruger has a bull barrel on it, got some weight to it, accurate to a pin, but the only magazine for it that's worth a damn is the one that came with it, and the two clips I would like to use aren't worth a shit.

I bet if you took them to a gunsmith he'd be able to put a stiffer spring in those bitches for you for a pretty reasonable fee.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Grim OutlookGrim Outlook Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    these people my family knows throws this christmas party annually, but like two years ago they got this tree that had some sort of insect living in it and it infested their house and they had to cancel the party.

so yeah, fake trees all the way.

Grim Outlook on
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    We have a fake tree. It's the same we've had since I can remember which is well over 10 years.

Fake trees are much, much cheaper (ours isn't less messy, it probably drops as many fake pine leaves as a real tree would :V).

Lemming on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I am pretty sure they give you shotguns and rifles here in florida if you just ask nicely for them

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    oops shit here comes the mexican quick lock up the guns

oh hey philipe

what's up?

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    monkeyfeet63monkeyfeet63 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I got a rife for christmas a few years back.

I don't know why. I don't do anything with it. I never even got my hunting liscense.

But its here in case I snap

monkeyfeet63 on
    Ducktalesavlong.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    you need a hunting license every year but hunter's education is required as far as i know weeeeee

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

oh hey philipe

what's up?

how's depth-perception working out for you

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »

oh hey philipe

what's up?

how's depth-perception working out for you

painfully

but seriously pip you are a good cuban fella

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    hating you

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    hating you
    i miss the good times we had together pip

is there anyway we can reach recourse?

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I got a rife for christmas a few years back.

I don't know why. I don't do anything with it. I never even got my hunting liscense.

But its here in case I snap

I love how that relates to both the conversations going on right now.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited December 2007
    Man fuck Wikipedia, it keeps ruining Battlestar Galactica. Every time I go there to check something about a character that I missed, I keep seeing the fact that they are a cylon or a human and I am like 'GRAHHHH I DIDN'T KNOW THAT YET FUCK YOU STUPID WIKIPEDIA'.

bongi on
  • Options
    Eastern GlowEastern Glow Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I just shaved off all my facial hair!

Do women like a shaved classy chin or a rugged untrimmed chin?

Eastern Glow on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Ladies only care if you shave in one place.

monkeyfeet63 on
    Ducktalesavlong.jpg
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Your nostrils.

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Exactly

Shave that shit it's gross if you don't

Also while you are at it do your ears

monkeyfeet63 on
    Ducktalesavlong.jpg
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    cheshire wrote: »
    We got a real tree this year. So far it's better then a fake one cause it smells good.

L|ama on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Seriously, I've seen three instances of liming in SE today.

That is three times too many.

STOP LIMING SHIT.

That's a GnT thing, and it's dumb, so stop it.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    ProcrastinatorProcrastinator Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My three year old nephew really really wanted to help decorate the tree.
    But his lack of reach because he's smaller than my thigh caused the tree to have decorations on the bottom only.

He had this smug grin oh gawd he's so cute!

CUTE OVERLOAD.

Procrastinator on
    plan.jpg
  • Options
    J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    STOP LIMING SHIT.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    J3p you cheeky bastard.

Cmere so I can hit you.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    klokklok Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Can't you get some kind of spray to make fake trees smell like real ones?

klok on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You can also hang pine scented car airfresheners on your tree.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    klokklok Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    But you can not drive a tree.

klok on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Quite right.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options