Options

Death is fucking horrible.

• Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Sure suicide may seem selfish, but I can understand why people do it. For someone to commit suicide, they'd have to be over a threshold of anguish that they can handle. They're obviously not thinking straight when they commit the act.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MatatatMatatat Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    No I get that, but this guy as far as we know just got really drunk after he got dumped and decided to do it

Matatat on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    Sure suicide may seem selfish, but I can understand why people do it. For someone to commit suicide, they'd have to be over a threshold of anguish that they can handle. They're obviously not thinking straight when they commit the act.

uh

okay straight up emo postin' in this thread:
    i've attempted suicide a couple times. "not thinking straight" is a bad way to put it. when i arrived at the conclusion to end my own life, i did so by objectively and logically examining the facts of my own life at the time: i had no reason to live, i was a pretty terrible person who had brought a disproportonate amount of suffering to the people around me when compared to whatever positive way i may have influenced their lives. i saw no signs of things changing or turning up. i looked at my future and all roads lead to more pain and pointlessness.

it wasn't desperation or the need to relieve pain that drove me to it, it was logical conclusion. "my life sucks and will not get better and will hurt more people than it helps therefore the right answer is to end it"

fortunately i basically suck at suicide so i'm still alive to see days like now where things are good and looking up.

Pony on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    you picked a good thing to suck at, pony

Faricazy on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh my god why does BSG S1 finish on such a cliffhanger!

bongi on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    bongi wrote: »
    Oh my god why does BSG S1 finish on such a cliffhanger!
    because you have to recover from a near heart attack

seriously

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Sorry I came in late.

This is a thread about laura palmer right?

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    In order to compensate for Pony being rad at other shit, the universe made him suck at killing himself.
    Fair trade.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Ragix wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I removed the pictures as requested.

I know some people here don't take such matters seriously (and even joke) but I don't really care. (it's normal to me I guess)

Some people suggested that she committed suicide, since our town is fairly small and it's rare for someone to kill another, let alone a teenager. Still, she was 16 years old. I don't think she could've suffered enough problems and "pain" to kill herself but I can't judge her.

When somebody asks me, I just say she drowned. I don't know how it happened.

If you're just going to make shit up you could at least make up something interesting.

I mean really, drowning?

Please.

Pheezer on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    DrDizaster wrote: »
    Ragix wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I removed the pictures as requested.

I know some people here don't take such matters seriously (and even joke) but I don't really care. (it's normal to me I guess)

Some people suggested that she committed suicide, since our town is fairly small and it's rare for someone to kill another, let alone a teenager. Still, she was 16 years old. I don't think she could've suffered enough problems and "pain" to kill herself but I can't judge her.

When somebody asks me, I just say she drowned. I don't know how it happened.

If you're just going to make shit up you could at least make up something interesting.

I mean really, drowning?

Please.
    You're an asshole.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Yes but at least we're talking about something other than how awesome pony is now, aren't we

Pheezer on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Pony wouldn't be an asshole about things like this.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    If I was to kill myself, I'd do something epic.
    Like, I'd piss off a couple bears and get killed by them.
    I'd have a stipulation in my will that said whoever delivered the eulogy had to Bel-air the people at the funeral.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    A eulogy that cuts to a Bel-air.

That's daring.

For my funeral I want to be buried with three prostitutes. Live ones.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Lol! wrote: »
    If I was to kill myself, I'd do something epic.
    Like, I'd piss off a couple bears and get killed by them.
    I'd have a stipulation in my will that said whoever delivered the eulogy had to Bel-air the people at the funeral.
    have your corpse pop up out of the coffin in the middle of the eulogy and wave at the crowd

haha

Faricazy on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    my friend was talking about killing herself last night to me
    she's been getting into drugs and shit for the last week

seriously
    she went from doing nothing but smoking weed once every long ass time to doing coke, x, speed, getting blackout drunk, and god knows what else in the span of days

she won't tell me why she's doing this, and it's scaring me so much

she said no one cares about her or loves her and i can't convince her that i do
    i don't know what to do

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Man, just get Will Smith to do the eulogy.

Ashes to ashes, earf to earf

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I'm going to buy my casket early, and load a panel into the lid of it.
    When people come up to pay their final respects, the "It's a trap!" picture will pop up, complete with caption.
    Either that, or they'll go into the room, and instead of a casket, there'll be a tv. On that tv will be a Rick Astley video. You know the one.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Pony wrote: »

uh

i've attempted suicide a couple times. "not thinking straight" is a bad way to put it. when i arrived at the conclusion to end my own life, i did so by objectively and logically examining the facts of my own life at the time: i had no reason to live, i was a pretty terrible person who had brought a disproportonate amount of suffering to the people around me when compared to whatever positive way i may have influenced their lives. i saw no signs of things changing or turning up. i looked at my future and all roads lead to more pain and pointlessness.

it wasn't desperation or the need to relieve pain that drove me to it, it was logical conclusion. "my life sucks and will not get better and will hurt more people than it helps therefore the right answer is to end it"

fortunately i basically suck at suicide so i'm still alive to see days like now where things are good and looking up.
    yes but aren't you technically a sociopath or something so your experience with suicide would be very different from a highly emotional person's

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    i mean i basically begged her to not do coke any more or like pills and shit but she doesn't care about herself
    i'm so upset about this

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    What I'm saying is I would hit the people at my funeral with memes.
    Perhaps I would find Bob Goatse and get him to sign a contract, saying he would be there.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    kusu it sounds like she needs professional help
    you should get some friends to help and take her to a clinic

Mr. Henry Bemis on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    it's complicated bemis
    for one she lives way far away and i dont know any of her friends there so i can't contact them and get her help

and all her friends are the ones giving her this shit
    she said no one liked her when she didn't do it, and that now she's into this stuff people like her

i tried to tell her that real friends don't pressure you to do shit like that if you didn't want to in the first place

i mean i have friends who have done coke and who smoke pot and shit
    they ask me if i want to do it and i'm like "no man, not my bag"
    and they respect that because they're actually my friends

i told her about my sisters who both fucked up their lives so much doing drugs and she told me it's not a big deal and she's alright and she'll be alright

and i'm like YEAH I BET THATS WHAT THEY SAID TOO

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    kusu is this stand-up girl?

Faricazy on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

uh

yes but aren't you technically a sociopath or something so your experience with suicide would be very different from a highly emotional person's

yes this is true i suppose

however what i said there

i have known other people who are suicidal who have expressed similar thought processes and don't have the same condition as me

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    man i don't even know you gotta do something

Mr. Henry Bemis on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »

CRAZY ENOUGH IT IS

she said something happened that she can't talk about

i'm pretty sure she got raped but i can't be certain that's what it is

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    god and now i have to go to work i don't even know if i can handle working today
    i might have to leave early

god i don't know what to do i'm so upset

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

uh

yes this is true i suppose

however what i said there

i have known other people who are suicidal who have expressed similar thought processes and don't have the same condition as me

Well yeah feelings of wishing to commit suicide can stem from a good few things, and one of them is feeling like you're a burden and all that.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    i once met a girl who told me shortly into our first conversation that she would kill herself in a few months

and one of my best friends apparently attempted some years back before i met her but it didnt work i guess

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    Faricazy wrote: »

CRAZY ENOUGH IT IS

she said something happened that she can't talk about

i'm pretty sure she got raped but i can't be certain that's what it is
    jesus fucking christ

i say drive over to this bitch's house, access the situation without bullshit phone excuses, and from the sound of it you really need to clean your hands of the whole situation because you will only be worse for the wear from it

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh goddammit.

If she kills herself how will she ever get this theoretical rapist guy's cock ripped off?

Kids need to think these days.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Seriously wrote: »
    Oh goddammit.

If she kills herself how will she ever get this theoretical rapist guy's cock ripped off?

Kids need to think these days.
    i showed the Teeth trailer at my friend's college on the big projector they had yesterday to a bunch of dudes

: D

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Vagina dentata/what a wonderful phrase

vagina dentat/ain't no passing craze

it means no worries

for the rest of your days

it's our problem free

philosophy

vagina dentata

Seriously on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    oh yea and some girl i used to talk to on msn told me about how she cut her wrist but not very deep or anything

this girl went to school like 5 minutes away from mine and i never actually met her
    and i dont think she told anyone else about whatever suicidal thoughts she was having
    i think the moral is
    teenagers are dumb

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    WalrusWalrus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    A good friend of mine died of cancer two months ago shortly after he turned 21. It is the worst thing and I miss him. Life can be totally shit at any moment and there is nothing you can do about it.

Walrus on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Kusu, I'd say you have to talk to this girl, person to person. Not over the phone.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    GUESS WHO IS DRUNK

THIS GUYYY

<~!!!

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    GUESS WHO IS DRUNK

THIS GUYYY

<~!!!

how did imaek thatsquiggle@! icant hit it again

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Shift +`

~

Fencingsax on