Options

Death is fucking horrible.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    PotU wrote: »
    I didn't even care when my grandparents died.

I just felt indifferent.

This is pretty much how I am anytime one of the residents at the nursing home dies. All my coworkers are all distraught and saying "I can't believe so and so is dead" and all I can think is "fuck, the lady was 95. What else did you think she was here to do?"

Marathon on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My experiences with death have shown me that I only care if someone I care about is hurting, I feel pretty cold sometimes, but then I think of the fact that it shows I really do care for some people and how lucky I am to feel that connection to them.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »
    Pics of death k'

i'm just gonna keep posting pictures of her as a defense mechanism for my insecurity regarding death

hurrah

We all die it's a question of when and how

Brainleech on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited December 2007
    Silmaril wrote: »
    Fort1tude wrote: »
    People who commit suicide? fuck them

Selfish bastards. Just fucking run off into the wild or some shit. don't be fucking leaving mental scars on the people who have to clean up the mess you leave. You don't want to be a burden anymore? guess what, by committing suicide you just became the greatest burden possible.

In conclusion, fuck them,

yeah, my uncle ate the end of a shotgun a couple years back

fucked that side of the family up something good

Its nothing more than selfish.

Really pisses me off.

But wouldn't the mental cost (not to mention monetary cost) of a long search for a missing person be just as bad if not worse? At least you can have closure when someones dead and gone, as opposed to loved ones wondering where you are and what you are doing?

you leave a fucking note. Its not that hard. You move countries, you become a hermit.

you do not put your friends and family through the trauma of having to identify your fucking mangled face in the morgue, and then paying for a funeral, while they all blame themselves as to whose fault it was.

Wait so running away to another country somehow spares them this pain? That would just mean that you're pretty much saying "you guys all suck, I'm leaving, hope I never see you again".

bongi on
  • Options
    Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    arod_77 wrote: »
    concrete wrote: »

Selfish bastards. Just fucking run off into the wild or some shit. don't be fucking leaving mental scars on the people who have to clean up the mess you leave. You don't want to be a burden anymore? guess what, by committing suicide you just became the greatest burden possible.

Ive contemplated suicide before and the only way I think I can off myself would be sucking on the business end of a shotgun. Quick and painless, I would do it in the bathtub though, so it wouldn't be as hard to get the stains out.

Yeah I thought that, until I saw pictures of shotgun-to-the-head-suicide survivors. Fuck that, risking living the rest of your live without a face.

How could you fuck this up? Did they eat a pound of birdshot or something?

The body is surprisingly resilient.

What if instead of buckshot you used a slug? I cant see that being fucked up, unless your aim was off.

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Dumb Hero wrote: »

Ive contemplated suicide before and the only way I think I can off myself would be sucking on the business end of a shotgun. Quick and painless, I would do it in the bathtub though, so it wouldn't be as hard to get the stains out.

Yeah I thought that, until I saw pictures of shotgun-to-the-head-suicide survivors. Fuck that, risking living the rest of your live without a face.

Spoilered for Arseface likely NSFW

Man, I bet that guy wants to kill himself.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    concreteconcrete Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Really pisses me off.

But wouldn't the mental cost (not to mention monetary cost) of a long search for a missing person be just as bad if not worse? At least you can have closure when someones dead and gone, as opposed to loved ones wondering where you are and what you are doing?

you leave a fucking note. Its not that hard. You move countries, you become a hermit.

you do not put your friends and family through the trauma of having to identify your fucking mangled face in the morgue, and then paying for a funeral, while they all blame themselves as to whose fault it was.

I'd always thought of moving into the wild, living off the land as a better alternative than suicide. I could do it, I've seen Bear Grylls on TV.

concrete on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    bongi wrote: »

Really pisses me off.

Wait so running away to another country somehow spares them this pain? That would just mean that you're pretty much saying "you guys all suck, I'm leaving, hope I never see you again".

What does suicide tell them?

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    RagixRagix Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Really pisses me off.

10 times better than making your family identify your "mangled" face in the morgue.

Ragix on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

If at first you don't succeed. Shoot yourself in the face again.

Marathon on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited December 2007
    Ragix wrote: »

Really pisses me off.

10 times better than making your family identify your "mangled" face in the morgue.

I'm not really sure what kind of hedonic calculus you're using here, but it smells funny.

(Not that I am espousing suicide here, I'm just questioning the alternative.)

bongi on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Not really, he's a musical sensation.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    *snip*

I'm not really sure what kind of hedonic calculus you're using here, but it smells funny.

His
    Gottfried_Wilhelm_von_Leibniz.jpg

Ragix on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

in most cases i've seen people changed their minds and pulled away at the last instant

either blowing the front of their face off, or just a large portion of the skull, but still living

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    skinny87skinny87 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Not really, he's a musical sensation.

"Arseface: The Musical"

The critics are raving about it !

skinny87 on
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Really pisses me off.

Knowing that your son/daughter friend is alive is better than knowing they are dead.
    End of story.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    heh, arseface.

redfenix on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Really pisses me off.

been there, done that

they actually do a decent job of peicing them back together as best they can

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited December 2007
    Knowing that your son/daughter friend is alive is better than knowing they are dead.
    End of story.

I have porridge to buy.

bongi on
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007

Really pisses me off.

End of story.

Wouldn't that mean you don't know if person x is alive or dead?

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Really pisses me off.

End of story.

In the one person I knew of that comitted suicide this was not the case

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Really pisses me off.

been there, done that

Doesn't that mean they could "piece" it in a wrong way? (since they don't have a reference picture)
    Also, who's body you had to see?

Ragix on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited December 2007
    How on earth would you piece a person's face together wrongly?

"Well we took a guess at where the eye goes, but since we didn't have a reference picture we kind of guessed it was here, in the middle of his cheek."

bongi on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Really pisses me off.

End of story.

Wouldn't that mean you don't know if person x is alive or dead?

It think my major point is the "I'll kill myself, then they'll be sorry." brigade. If you can really kill yourself, with no-one ever knowing, then go for it, because frankly, who cares?

If it affects even one person negatively, hey, you probably shouldn't do it.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007

"Well we took a guess at where the eye goes, but since we didn't have a reference picture we kind of guessed it was here, in the middle of his cheek."

Lmao. I meant that they could piece it back into a human form but the end result wouldn't look anywhere near the original face (if you know what I mean)

But then again, they're no plastic surgeons. (are they?)

Ragix on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

"The knee bone is connected to the...eye bone, the eye bone is connected to...fuck, where's that book again?

skinny87 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Really pisses me off.

been there, done that

Doesn't that mean they could "piece" it in a wrong way? (since they don't have a reference picture)
    Also, who's body you had to see?

1. when i say peice i mean that they put the skin back together as best they can

2. my uncle's

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007

I don't even know if it's allowed to post the picture here, so I just link it.

Might be NSFW, I don't know. I really don't know anymore.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t304/fulgerelu/tumoare/941.jpg

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    End of story.

I have porridge to buy.

I had porridge for breakfast.

What this has to do with anything...

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I knew of someone that to say a bag was more than enough to hold what was left of them
    The Marines had to convince his family that cremation was the only option that they had

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

You can't see me, but I am so D: right now.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I knew of someone that to say a bag was more than enough to hold what was left of them
    The Marines had to convince his family that cremation was the only option that they had

D:

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

You can't see me, but I am so D: right now.

That gif doesn't even begin to cover my reaction.

What in the name of...anything, really...was that?

skinny87 on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Doctor, what should we do with all this extra skin we have lying around?
    !

Faricazy on
  • Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Month ago a classmate of mine ordered pills from some weird country to help him commit suicide and took them while holding a cross in his hand.

Wezoin on
  • Options
    PusciferPuscifer Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    After I dropped out of university, I joined the army and ended up in Afghanistan after a while. The worst experience I ever had there was coming to a village and seeing the aftermath of the Taliban punishing the locals for co-operating with NATO troops. We had been to this place a few times before and my buddy and I would hand out school supplies and toys to kids, some candy and other stuff. There was one kid who had lost his parents a few before and he and I would always kick a soccerball around. His name was Yusuf and he was really scrawny, but had this really intelligent look in his eyes like if he had been growing up in the States or anywhere else, he'd being an exceptional student, probably a future doctor or just something brilliant.

Well, we came back and the Taliban had been there the night before and fucking killed about 10 men and boys. They had shot or cut the throats of most of them and I came across the body of Yusuf. He had his throat cut out and his eyes were open and there were flies buzzing, crawling across his face and in his eyes.

I couldn't really bring myself to mourn the death right there because it would have completely altered my mental state at the time and would affect me in a way that would put me and other in danger. But when I came back home after being over there, I remember one night my dad and I were on the deck, just drinking beer and sitting there in silence. Then I just started to cry like a baby.

Deep shit from Pusc. Who knew?

Puscifer on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Wezoin wrote: »
    Month ago a classmate of mine ordered pills from some weird country to help him commit suicide and took them while holding a cross in his hand.

Did he also have a dictionary beside him, open to "irony"?

Marathon on
  • Options
    JyardanaJyardana Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

D:

Also- I knew someone who decided to kill himself in his car in a parking lot with a 22 handgun. Shot himself in the head and bled to death because nobody found him for a couple days. The bullet went in but never came out.

Jyardana on
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    .22?

A poor choice

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Jyardana wrote: »

D:

Also- I knew someone who decided to kill himself in his car in a parking lot with a 22 handgun. Shot himself in the head and bled to death because nobody found him for a couple days. The bullet went in but never came out.

I think that is particularly the reason why a .22 is used often in murders. You can shoot someone in the head with it, but the bullet is not strong enough to burst through the other side. It just keeps bouncing around inside the skull and doing more damage.

Marathon on