Options

Death is fucking horrible.

• Options
    RagixRagix Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Puscifer wrote: »
    After I dropped out of university, I joined the army and ended up in Afghanistan after a while. The worst experience I ever had there was coming to a village and seeing the aftermath of the Taliban punishing the locals for co-operating with NATO troops. We had been to this place a few times before and my buddy and I would hand out school supplies and toys to kids, some candy and other stuff. There was one kid who had lost his parents a few before and he and I would always kick a soccerball around. His name was Yusuf and he was really scrawny, but had this really intelligent look in his eyes like if he had been growing up in the States or anywhere else, he'd being an exceptional student, probably a future doctor or just something brilliant.

Well, we came back and the Taliban had been there the night before and fucking killed about 10 men and boys. They had shot or cut the throats of most of them and I came across the body of Yusuf. He had his throat cut out and his eyes were open and there were flies buzzing, crawling across his face and in his eyes.

I couldn't really bring myself to mourn the death right there because it would have completely altered my mental state at the time and would affect me in a way that would put me and other in danger. But when I came back home after being over there, I remember one night my dad and I were on the deck, just drinking beer and sitting there in silence. Then I just started to cry like a baby.

Deep shit from Pusc. Who knew?

That's pretty sad, man. :(
    Afghanistan is one cursed country. My heart goes out to those suffering there. :|

Ragix on
  • Options
    JyardanaJyardana Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Deep shit from Pusc.

I don't even know what to say to that except I'd buy you a beer if I knew you.

Jyardana on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2007
    Man, this is just further proof of how fucked up our education system is. Kids these days don't even know how to junction 100 deaths against status defence.

Tube on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Jyardana wrote: »
    Deep shit from Pusc.

I don't even know what to say to that except I'd buy you a beer if I knew you.
    bizzaro jordyn

Faricazy on
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Man, this is just further proof of how fucked up our education system is. Kids these days don't even know how to junction 100 deaths against status defence.

Are you quoting FF8?

If so I...

I'll be right back.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Fort1tude wrote: »
    Silmaril wrote: »
    People who commit suicide? fuck them

Selfish bastards. Just fucking run off into the wild or some shit. don't be fucking leaving mental scars on the people who have to clean up the mess you leave. You don't want to be a burden anymore? guess what, by committing suicide you just became the greatest burden possible.

In conclusion, fuck them,

yeah, my uncle ate the end of a shotgun a couple years back

fucked that side of the family up something good

Its nothing more than selfish.

Really pisses me off.

But wouldn't the mental cost (not to mention monetary cost) of a long search for a missing person be just as bad if not worse? At least you can have closure when someones dead and gone, as opposed to loved ones wondering where you are and what you are doing?

One day when you come home from to find a note from your son/daughter saying that shes run off to learn the ways of the bear and protect our forests from enemy invaders, you will to yourself "hey this IS better than her being dead."

iincidently i have had sugar shit for breakfast when im technically not suppose to have it so my posting style will now go straight to shit

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    skinny87skinny87 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

I realize there's a joke there, but I don't understand the last six words, CT.

skinny87 on
  • Options
    PusciferPuscifer Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ragix wrote: »
    After I dropped out of university, I joined the army and ended up in Afghanistan after a while. The worst experience I ever had there was coming to a village and seeing the aftermath of the Taliban punishing the locals for co-operating with NATO troops. We had been to this place a few times before and my buddy and I would hand out school supplies and toys to kids, some candy and other stuff. There was one kid who had lost his parents a few before and he and I would always kick a soccerball around. His name was Yusuf and he was really scrawny, but had this really intelligent look in his eyes like if he had been growing up in the States or anywhere else, he'd being an exceptional student, probably a future doctor or just something brilliant.

Well, we came back and the Taliban had been there the night before and fucking killed about 10 men and boys. They had shot or cut the throats of most of them and I came across the body of Yusuf. He had his throat cut out and his eyes were open and there were flies buzzing, crawling across his face and in his eyes.

I couldn't really bring myself to mourn the death right there because it would have completely altered my mental state at the time and would affect me in a way that would put me and other in danger. But when I came back home after being over there, I remember one night my dad and I were on the deck, just drinking beer and sitting there in silence. Then I just started to cry like a baby.

Deep shit from Pusc. Who knew?

That's pretty sad, man. :(
    Afghanistan is one cursed country. My heart goes out to those suffering there. :|

He's part of the reason I'm working my ass off right now to save money to go back to university.

Puscifer on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2007

Are you quoting FF8?

If so I...

I'll be right back.

Where are you going?

Tube on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Are you quoting FF8?

If so I...

I'll be right back.

Where are you going?

Errr.

Nowhere?

Sir?

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Are you quoting FF8?

If so I...

I'll be right back.

Where are you going?

hes looking for a robe and wizard hat

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    skinny87 wrote: »

I realize there's a joke there, but I don't understand the last six words, CT.
    As said above, it refers to the FF8 magic system.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Captain HeavysteinCaptain Heavystein Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    arod_77 wrote: »
    .22?

A poor choice

when you're focused on killing yourself, these details tend to be overlooked.

Captain Heavystein on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    arod_77 wrote: »
    .22?

A poor choice

when you're focused on killing yourself, these details tend to be overlooked.

there should be mandatory classes or something.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Marathon wrote: »
    Also, they found a homeless guy here frozen to death yesterday. That's how cold it is here, if you can't find shelter you will die!
    Whoa, that is fucking cool. I wonder if he's even dead? They should thaw him out in like 24 years. Totally fuck his mind up.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    tsplitter wrote: »

Are you quoting FF8?

If so I...

I'll be right back.

Where are you going?

hes looking for a robe and wizard hat

This is a really funny post.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    too bad tube is +15 resistant to lvl. 3 eroticism

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    We need some of these so that people stop fucking up their own suicides:

200px-Suicide_Booth.JPG

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Throw yourself in front of a train. Pretty much guarantees death.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    concreteconcrete Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    Also, they found a homeless guy here frozen to death yesterday. That's how cold it is here, if you can't find shelter you will die!
    Whoa, that is fucking cool. I wonder if he's even dead? They should thaw him out in like 24 years. Totally fuck his mind up.
    By gum, it worked! I've awakened in the future... [Walks over to shelf and
    picks up a packet] Moon Pie? [Gazing into space] What a time to be alive!

concrete on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Just lay on one of the tracks lengthwise, faster death plus your body will look neat.

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Also has the bonus of scarring dozens if not hundreds of people for life.

skinny87 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Fort1tude wrote: »

Just lay on one of the tracks lengthwise, faster death plus your body will look neat.

And fucks it up for everyone who is trying to net get fired and get to work on time.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    concreteconcrete Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This isn't going to turn into one of those threads again, is it

concrete on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    if you do this during my commute i swear i will chase you into the afterlife and rape your spirit

i'm late enough to places as it is already without you whores painting the front of the train i'm on with your head

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »
    if you do this during my commute i swear i will chase you into the afterlife and rape your spirit

i'm late enough to places as it is already without you whores painting the front of the train i'm on with your head

Fari has his priorities right

skinny87 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    it is the most rude form of suicide

so rude

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

but dude

you'd probably get a few days off work

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007

but dude

no, i'll either be

a) really late to work and have to make work up

b) miss class and probably a test or a final or something

c) miss a date

Faricazy on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

You can't just freeze people and then thaw them out to bring them back. The crystallization of the water in their bodies totally fucks up the cells, especially the important ones where most of the water is, major organs and so forth.

And on Suicide, if your going to do it, please consider that an emergency worker is probably going to have to deal with your corpse:

1. Take a pregame shit/piss.
    2. Choose a method that keeps your body intact. I have other things to do, I'd rather not spend an entire afternoon searching alongside the railroad tracks for bits of you.
    3. Do it in a place you'll be discovered, but not by kids, and preferably within a few hours.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

but dude

Seriously, you think people get days off everytime some whackjob offs himself in front of you and ruins your commute?

I would hate this for making my commute even more awful.

One time, I saw a mom with a stroller on a packed train, and she started exiting the train, but the door closed, leaving the stroller and baby on the platform while she was still in the car. Of course, she got hysterical and crying and everyone got in a panic searching for the emergency stop switch. I feel guilty that my first thought was "oh man, this better not take toolong, i'm already running late as is".

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    also don't jump from buildings

a friend of mine had to walk past a red splotch on the pavement every day for nearly a year on her way to the train after some 16 year old girl decided that her 24 year old boyfriend didn't love her and flew

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Captain HeavysteinCaptain Heavystein Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ruckus wrote: »

You can't just freeze people and then thaw them out to bring them back. The crystallization of the water in their bodies totally fucks up the cells, especially the important ones where most of the water is, major organs and so forth.

And on Suicide, if your going to do it, please consider that an emergency worker is probably going to have to deal with your corpse:

1. Take a pregame shit/piss.
    2. Choose a method that keeps your body intact. I have other things to do, I'd rather not spend an entire afternoon searching alongside the railroad tracks for bits of you.
    3. Do it in a place you'll be discovered, but not by kids, and preferably within a few hours.

I prefer to take advantage of the fact that we're biodegradable. If I kill myself, I want to blast into a million chunky bits over some farmland. Do the community a service.

Captain Heavystein on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Oh yeah? We'll fucking see about that, Mr. Science.

I'm gunna go get me a hobo and lock him in a meat locker.

We'll fucking see.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    lostwords wrote: »

but dude

Seriously, you think people get days off everytime some whackjob offs himself in front of you and ruins your commute?

One time, I saw a mom with a stroller on a packed train, and she started exiting the train, but the door closed, leaving the stroller and baby on the platform while she was still in the car. Of course, she got hysterical and crying and everyone got in a panic searching for the emergency stop switch. I feel guilty that my first thought was "oh man, this better not take toolong, i'm already running late as is".
    related tangent:

when people with strollers come to a crosswalk, nearly stick the stroller with the baby all the fucking way out, then CAREFULLY lean over themselves to see if a car is coming

YOU'RE A DUMB BITCH AND YOUR BABY WILL GET RUN OVER BECAUSE OF IT

Faricazy on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007

From what I understand, it's the defrosting that does the damage. So long as you freeze them quick enough, you can preserve everything but as certain organs and fluids defrost at different rates, your body ends up pumping partially crystallised fluids around that just shred everything up when you try to defrost.

It works with butterflys though. You can freeze them and defrost them and they don't mind.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    lostwords wrote: »

but dude

Hahaha, that's awesome. If I was on the other side, with the stroller, I would have picked up the baby and pretended to run away with it.

Then I'd be all like, "lol jokes!"

by then, it would be too late. The train and the mumma would be gone.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    petition to change thread title to "dead people don't care about live people"

Faricazy on
  • Options
    DakalDakal Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    What I dont understand about people throwing them selves in front of commuter trains, is why the fuck the train stops? Just install sprinkler systems filled with some sort of disinfectant on the outside of the front of the trains. Problem solved. People dont have to look at the mess crazy suicidal person #678 left o the train when it pulls into the station. Also the person is already dead and spread across a kilometer of track so who cares about preserving evidence? And a cleanup is easy, just do it between trains passing by.

Problem solved.

Dakal on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    it is the most rude form of suicide

so rude

I now have this image of you at the platform, and someone doing this.

All walking down the platform to look, shaking your head.

"How rude. The 8:10 will be at least five minutes late. Youth of today..."

skinny87 on