Options

Death is fucking horrible.

• Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I just finished a tour in Afghanistan where we killed a lot of people. Didn't bother me at all. Somtimes i found it hilarious, like a guy who got up at night to do some father son jihad an his kid walked on the pressure plate as he was still fiddling with the charge and blew both his hands off. He came to our base and surrendered for medical treatment but died of blood loss soon after. It bothers me somewhat be not bothered at all by death of bad guys. Oh well. I'm wondering what everyone else's take on this is.

Only a handful of other people on the forums can really have the same perspective as you. The rest of us can just suppose.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    QuirkQuirk Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ragix wrote: »
    Quirk wrote: »
    my friend, who lived 2 doors down from me for about 7 years died when i was 16. He was 17, and we were pretty close for a few years. I felt really shitty for not visiting him more, but we had drifted apart when he got ill.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.
    It was pretty fucked up, especially as his parents put on a big christian ceremony, which i'm pretty sure he wouldn't've wanted

How could a Christian ceremony be fucked up? (I don't know how things are done over there)
    What did they do?

We'd talked about that kinda thing (admittedly when we were younger and before he got ill) but he was never into christianity, and putting on a big ole dog and pony show where there was a big evangelical priest and things just seemed a little tasteless to me

Quirk on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I haven't lost anyone yet

So yeah, I still have that to look forward to :(

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    JyardanaJyardana Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    I just finished a tour in Afghanistan where we killed a lot of people. Didn't bother me at all. Somtimes i found it hilarious, like a guy who got up at night to do some father son jihad an his kid walked on the pressure plate as he was still fiddling with the charge and blew both his hands off. He came to our base and surrendered for medical treatment but died of blood loss soon after. It bothers me somewhat be not bothered at all by death of bad guys. Oh well. I'm wondering what everyone else's take on this is.
    You're fucking insane.

At first I thought this was gonna be a fucked up alt given the join date, but then when you read his other posts? Guns and Afghanistan caves.

I think he left his sanity somewhere near Tora Bora.

Jyardana on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Jyardana wrote: »
    You're fucking insane.

At first I thought this was gonna be a fucked up alt given the join date, but then when you read his other posts? Guns and Afghanistan caves.

Having compassion and general feelings is something that left me long ago
    I laughed when White Bread Brad blew up {I told him not to go that way, also he was the one I mentioned earlier in the thread}
    If you have seen half the things I have done while in the marines then nothing would shock you.
    I know not to discuss the things I have witnessed and done with anyone because I just don't know how they would take it knowing who I am today

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    what

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    my friend, who lived 2 doors down from me for about 7 years died when i was 16. He was 17, and we were pretty close for a few years. I felt really shitty for not visiting him more, but we had drifted apart when he got ill.

It was pretty fucked up, especially as his parents put on a big christian ceremony, which i'm pretty sure he wouldn't've wanted

How could a Christian ceremony be fucked up? (I don't know how things are done over there)
    What did they do?

We'd talked about that kinda thing (admittedly when we were younger and before he got ill) but he was never into christianity, and putting on a big ole dog and pony show where there was a big evangelical priest and things just seemed a little tasteless to me

funerals are for the living. Let the parents have their fucking memorial, dickface

Raneados on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Raneados wrote: »

What did they do?

funerals are for the living. Let the parents have their fucking memorial, dickface
    I'm sorry, myself being an athiest, I don't want a religious ceremony when I die. You remember and cherish the way that the person lived - not by the way you thought they should have lived.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007

What did they do?

I'm sorry, myself being an athiest, I don't want a religious ceremony when I die. You remember and cherish the way that the person lived - not by the way you thought they should have lived.

you're an atheist and yet you care what happens after you die?

you're like

the worst atheist ever

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

What did they do?

you're like

the worst atheist ever
    I don't get this, really.
    I don't want some people thinking I was something that I wasn't.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007

What did they do?

you're like

the worst atheist ever
    I don't get this, really.
    I don't want some people thinking I was something that I wasn't.

you'll be dead. You have no feelings or thoughts about the matter.

also wah wah wah wah wah

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I'll come back somehow, and fuck all their shit up.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'll come back somehow, and fuck all their shit up.

Get ectoplasm all over the walls?

E: OH or on the furniture, like on a couch which someone protects with plastic, because It would go on the plastic and underneath it as you passed through it, you would be all like "Yeah fuck you too goo on your couch bitch".

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    oh man yeah. I'd do that.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RagixRagix Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Define bad guys.

What did they do?

But you still have got to have some sort of religious symbol in the funeral. Like a regular priest who reads for a couple of minutes for the sake of those (friends/family) who are religious. Also religion gives people some kind of closure to the death of the person. (even if you don't believe in any religion at all)
    Seph wrote: »
    I'm not sure how I feel about death
    yes it is horrible

I guess I should say I'm not sure how I feel about how people handle the death of others

that is to say they forget about that person and never talk about them

and I don't know how that makes me feel

disappointed
    but understandably so

and that in itself is dissapointing

I know what you're talking about. Perhaps if you ever face the death of someone close to you you'll know how to feel, I guess.

Ragix on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hey, you know what sucks worse than your father dying in your arms?

Trying to revive him for an hour and a half with no success.

Yeah.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    uh

i'll be perfectly honest here

i nodded at the sort of ironic humor in the situation spacerat posted about

were i in his place, i could probably find myself laughing at the absurdity of it

also

i don't think it is morally repugnant to not be bothered by killing terrible people.

they're terrible people

you're doing the world a favor by removing them from society

i mean don't revel in it, of course. don't take pleasure from it

but nod and know you're doing good work, however unpleasant it may be, it's a job most people aren't cut out to do but somebody's got to do it.

i respect that.

Pony on
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Yeah.

i still like your sig

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    tsplitter wrote: »

Yeah.

i still like your sig

Thanks man, that totally makes up for my dad dying.

oh wait

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    i have never found myself emotionally effected by the deaths of people close to me

i have, however, found myself emotionally effected by the effect those deaths have on the living people who are close to me.

for example

when my grandfather died.

i loved my grandfather. he was a wonderful man. but i did not cry at his funeral. i was quiet, respectful, and i was just sort of calmly contemplating the effect this good man had on my life. then i saw my father sob uncontrollably, and i got very upset. i realized afterwards i wasn't really upset about my grandfather's death, i was upset that my father was dealing with it so badly. i was sad because my dad was hurt.

Pony on
  • Options
    spacerat100spacerat100 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Jyardana wrote: »
    You're fucking insane.

I'm stuck at an AFB in the middle of a former soviet republic (with a 2 beer max). My list of activities is drink 2 beers, goto the gym, pay $2.50 per hour on the internet that slightly faster than dialup. I havn't played a video game since september 2006. I see threads about people dying and guns. Which ones do you think I have the most recient experience about? On a side note I have another account I just didn't remember the user email so i reregistered.

spacerat100 on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited December 2007
    Me and my mum had one of those awkward moment's at my great aunt's funeral where we both started laughing, and everyone stared.

In my defense, my great aunt was pretty much the best person ever, and I'm sure she would have understood.

And we were laughing at something my great aunt once said, so it was cool.

bongi on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    earlier this year, there was a pretty good chance i only had months to live

whoooooops health problems anyway that's not the point

point is i decided i was gonna take this like a man either way so i got my shit in order

legal will, with living will, last wishes regarding burial and ceremony, etc.

i thought before actually sitting down with a lawyer and working shit out that it was gonna be morbid and upsetting

actually it's an interesting experience

it feels kind of comforting in a weird way

to get that shit out of the way and know that at the very least, all else fails, you at least got that all figured out.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Pony wrote: »
    earlier this year, there was a pretty good chance i only had months to live

whoooooops health problems anyway that's not the point

point is i decided i was gonna take this like a man either way so i got my shit in order

legal will, with living will, last wishes regarding burial and ceremony, etc.

i thought before actually sitting down with a lawyer and working shit out that it was gonna be morbid and upsetting

actually it's an interesting experience

it feels kind of comforting in a weird way

to get that shit out of the way and know that at the very least, all else fails, you at least got that all figured out.

i had a very (VERY... 1" or less) near death experience and thought the same thing (ok that and please god let me die instantly). It's a bit wierd to be comforted to know everything is already taken care of but on the other hand then you get to be selfish and only care about yourself.

spacerat100 on
  • Options
    PlusOne TomPlusOne Tom Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My uncle died about six or seven weeks ago. He had AIDS when he got back from Texas ten years ago, and he was very sick. He was an alcoholic for a while, but then got better. He held out for ten years, and then died.

I was at my grandparents house, they called him for dinner, and since he was a heavy sleeper, they assumed he was sleeping. Later, when my dad and I were driving home, we heard the bad news. We were all horrified, and I spent the weekend at my grandparents house. My aunt, uncle, and cousins came to visit for the weekend. It was a very awkward weekend.

PlusOne Tom on
  • Options
    QuirkQuirk Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

What did they do?

That's a really good point. I haven't thought about the funeral for a couple of years really, and i guess I was pretty self-centred about it.

Quirk on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    a portion of my ashes will be used to make a lifegem

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I'll put my remains in a statue

It will be the grandest, most impressive statue mankind ever laid eyes on

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    a buddy of mine is like

"i want my body taxidermied, and put in a pose of staring and pointing judgmentally.

i want this to be put in my son's living room, so he knows his father will always be with him

judging him"

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    i want to be made into 6 gems of different colors, each being inserted into a glove

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I wanna be a demilich

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    i just want to be made into a colorless, classic cut diamond.

which could then be given to whatever significant other i had at the time

with the note that says "never leaving you"

it would be my hatefilled revenge on the beloved living

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I have $575,000 in life insurance and my family is rich and has disowned me (for joining military and being *gasp* poor!). If I die everyone I have been friends with since 2000 or so is invited to a massive blowout at a hotel that will be rented out. It's already been done but I liked it and copied it.

spacerat100 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    yeah, my funeral has an open bar planned out

i want my friends to remember me how i lived

riproaringly drunk and angry

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    i just want to be made into a colorless, classic cut diamond.

which could then be given to whatever significant other i had at the time

with the note that says "never leaving you"

it would be my hatefilled revenge on the beloved living

it would be better if they could put one of your eyes in there

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I want my head mounted like a deer, and then if my wife, sexslave, or mistress wants the money I left them, they have to have that on the wall whereever they live, for all eternity.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    better yet, make the morticians put your head in a bucket and put it ontop of some random door at the funeral home

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I want my head encased in jello.

This isn't so much a death thing, it just seems like it could be fun.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    yeah, my funeral has an open bar planned out

i want my friends to remember me how i lived

riproaringly drunk and angry

hahah that sounds like me

spacerat100 on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So some kid at my school died earlier this week

I just found it was because the kid was trying to asphyxiate himself with masturbating

After hearing this, my mother tried to speak with me on the safeties of masturbation

I think I am going to leave the house for a couple hours now

Sars_Boy on