As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Royalty free photo site: What was it?

LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
edited December 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay . . . I'm working on a website for a website design class. Last week, to my joy, I found a royalty-free image site that had a lot of images that were, in fact, free and did not have "COPYRIGHT PLEASE BUY THIS IMAGE" plastered across them.

I downloaded some images.

I need some more images.

I do not remember the name of the site and Google is failing me. DESPAIR.

What I recall about the site is that it had mostly actual photographs (not drawings) set up in rows/columns and the bottom row was comprised of really cool photos that you did have to pay for to use, but the other pictures were free. The "for pay" photos were from various different sites, like iStockphoto and StockXpert.

I think the site allowed members to upload their own photos, like a sort of "photo trade", but I'm not positive about that.

Also, the names of the images are things like 757406_coffe_time.jpg and 697311_lavender.jpg , so an ID number followed by a description.

If anyone knows what site this is, I'd really like to know.

LadyM on

• Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yes, that's it!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, I was going crazy trying to find it again. :P

Mods, you can lock this if you want. 8-)

LadyM on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The term you were looking for, by the way, was "stock photo"

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!