As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PX8600 GT TDH or EVGA 7800 GT?

MasumeMasume CreatorCaprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
I was looking for some opinions on my vid card choices. This doesn't involve purchases, actually, so it's not a matter of what to spend cash on. I have a EVGA 7800 GT on my home system, while on my work system I popped in an Leadtek Winfast PX8600 GT TDH. I can easily swap them around if I wanted but after doing my usual research it seemed like they were about on par. However, running games on the 8600 seemed a bit smoother with things jacked up, so I was curious if anyone has had the chance to compare two similar cards. Otherwise any other input would be appreciated. ;)

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
Wii U - 'Nocero'
XBox ID - therealmasume
PS4 ID - realmasume
Masume on

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I think that the 8600 is less efficient at everything except DX10 stuff, which the 7800 just doesn't do, but I'm guessing drivers would make the biggest difference between the two...

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The benchmarks tend to favor the 7800GT, but it's less than a 5% difference. The 8800GT, on the other hand, blows them both away.

FreddyD on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I love my 8800GT

Had to fight for weeks to get it.

Crysis on Very High.
    yes, you are my bitch now

The Black Hunter on