• Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ouch, that sucks.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Something to keep an eye out for: I heard some insider information tonight (my roommate's sister works for Disney), and apparently Disney is releasing within the next year or so a 17-disc box set of Jim Henson's work. All of his movies and selections from all of his shows, from Sesame Street to Fraggle Rock, with previously unreleased content (including all of his TV appearances, Ed Sullivan performances, interviews, and specials). Supposedly it will retail for somewhere in the area of $110 for the entire set, but for Jim Henson fanatics like myself, this is going to be a no-brainer investment. This has not yet been officially announced (there is no info to be found anywhere on Amazon or the like), so you've definitely got time to start saving up for it.

Can Disney do that? I thought they just owned the Muppets, not Sesame, Fraggle Rock or the fantasy movies. The Jim Henson company owns all the other stuff, like archival footage from the Sullivan show and TV appearances and whatnot. I say this based on the fact that I'm a Muppet fan to an unsafe degree, and have a few friends who are Muppeteers on Sesame Street.

Disney would have to be doing some heavy financial finagling to pull all that stuff together, and seeing as they've been dragging their feet on promoting/producing new Muppet merch in the past year (nothing since Muppet Wizard of Oz, and the Muppet Show season 2 set was delayed for over a year), it doesn't seem that likely. They own the Muppet characters and Bear in the Big Blue House, Sesame Workshop owns the Sesame Street Muppets, and The Jim Henson Company owns Fraggle Rock, Labyrinth, and Dark Crystal, as well as all the archival footage.

Disney does make exceptions once in a while, like when they license Kermit to appear in Sesame DVDs, but for the most part all the different Muppet character franchises are kept seperate by the companies that own them. All that aside, I can see Disney releasing a box set of all the Muppet movies along with Muppet TV specials like they've been doing on the Muppet Show season sets at some point - Columbia Pictures still owns the DVD distribution rights to (I think) The Great Muppet Caper and Muppet Treasure Island.

multimoog on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Do any of you know what irrational fear is?

I do...

...oh god do I...

D:

DeeLock on
  • Options
    PeterAndCompanyPeterAndCompany Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The thought had crossed my mind as well. Disney and the Jim Henson company might be coming together to publish the collection rather than just the individual parts. Regardless, without official confirmation, I'm just relaying information I was told by someone in the company. From how she described it, it sounded less like a complete archive of episodes and more of a tribute set, with examples from a little of everything Henson-related. I wouldn't think the Jim Henson company would object to getting together with Disney to make it happen if it served to keep his memory alive, particularly with a new generation of potential Muppetheads coming up.

They also already have the episodes of classic Sesame Street (1970-1980) on DVD by season now. I've been meaning to pick those up. I also snagged this shirt the other day:

sesame.JPG

PeterAndCompany on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That shirt is amazing.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That shirt is amazing.

What she said.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    CyberMonkeytron3000CyberMonkeytron3000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That green guy looks pretty grumpy

CyberMonkeytron3000 on
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well, he lives in a fuckin' trash can.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    They also already have the episodes of classic Sesame Street (1970-1980) on DVD by season now. I've been meaning to pick those up.

Yeah, those are fantastic, I have the first two sets. I'm still waiting for the stuff from the 80's, which is obviously my period. I guess I could see Disney doing some sort of tribute thing, but those Sesame Street DVD sets are also by Sesame Workshop (both put out by smaller DVD publishing companies).

multimoog on
  • Options
    (ohms)Crunchy(ohms)Crunchy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Where did you buy that shirt? It's the greatest thing I've seen since I woke up. And I've been awake for 2 hours.
    laughing_dog.jpg

(ohms)Crunchy on
    14e9iqh.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    $10 at Wal-Mart. It was the last one they had in stock at the time.

PeterAndCompany on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The last one? Does it even fit right???

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yup, it happened to be a large, fortunately enough.

PeterAndCompany on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Man, my copywriter is insane!!! Last night her crazy old neighbor told her that there was a rapist in the neighborhood... so she literally ran out of her house to her mother's.... she just dropped everything she was doing.... she left her food on the table.... all her lights on and God knows what else.

Why do I have to work with the most impulsive human being on the planet???

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Man, my copywriter is insane!!! Last night her crazy old neighbor told her that there was a rapist in the neighborhood... so she literally ran out of her house to her mother's.... she just dropped everything she was doing.... she left her food on the table.... all her lights on and God knows what else.

So you can tell us a bunch of hilarious stories.

(ohms)Crunchy on
    14e9iqh.jpg
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2008
    My dad just sent me this GPS thing, which probably isn't a whole lot of of use when I already know how to get most everywhere I might want to get to around here. But it did send me to some interesting places I'd never been before around here: namely, off the road into a bunch of wet grass when I was trying adjust the damn thing so it'd stop telling me to keep getting on the entirely traffic jammed highway.

I guess it'll be more useful when I have actual reasons to go places I am not sure where they are, but so far I don't have an experience good enough to be like "Yeah Dad it's great I just got it and it worked like a charm when i told it to take me to X, thanks so much." I figure if I call him up and tell him that thus far his generous gift has proven to be an expensive, dangerous, and worthless distraction that may come off as a bit rude.

Man I suck at everything. :(

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    So I have to do an illustration of one of the seven deadly sins...I chose lust, and I need to put symbols in that could represent lust...so far I've only got red, fire, roses, peach (or apple), maybe snakes OR rabbits

any other passable ideas?

NightDragon on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    A pink taco.

Mayday on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    So I have to do an illustration of one of the seven deadly sins...I chose lust, and I need to put symbols in that could represent lust...so far I've only got red, fire, roses, peach (or apple), maybe snakes OR rabbits

any other passable ideas that aren't Mayday's?

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Just draw some cymbals with one of those silhouettes of a naked woman you see on certain redneck truck mudflaps on 'em and be like, "What? You said cymba....ohhhhh with an 'S'! Whooooooops!"

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

So you can tell us a bunch of hilarious stories.

Well, she's a neat freak.... but it gets to the point where it's borderline psychotic. I opened her drawer once and this is what I found:
    orderdt9.jpg

Who on EARTH is that neat?!?!?! LOOK AT THOSE PAPER CLIPS!!! LOOK AT THEM!!!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    JeckalHydeJeckalHyde Lord Awesome New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    That draw makes me want to go organize things

JeckalHyde on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    motivator2996122.jpg

Sorry for spamming the thread with stupidity today... I'm kinda stressed and need to unload.

Mayday on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

It's the stack of rubber bands that freaks me out. Everyone knows those naturally tangle into a ball. She must've trained them or something.

multimoog on
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Well, I wake up today, and my cat is underneath my bed. This is unusual for her, so I scoop her out, and I realize she is acting oddly, limping. So, we take her to the vet, and I am told she is fine, aside from a bruise of some sort on her shoulder. "That would explain the limping!" I tell myself.

Later, she rests peacefully on her drugs. Though, suddenly she finds she is craving some water. She jumps off of the bed, then begins spasming all over the floor and yodeling. It was terrifying, I thought she was having some sort of heart attack. My mother is not home, so I call her. She calls my grandfather, and he takes me to the halfway point, where we meet my mom. All the while, little Mango* is screaming as if all hell has broken loose, then suddenly shutting up, then starting back up again. I was fearing for my baby's life.

Well, we get there, and the veterinarian helps me put 2 and 2 together. She jumped off the bed, onto her screwed up leg, and a jolt of pain was shot throughout her body. Hence, the freaking the fuck out occurs.

I've been told I must stay near to her, in order that she does not attempt to follow me, further injuring herself. That's cool with me, but I feel bad for the little thing.

*Yes, Mango is the name of my little cat. And I learned an interesting fact today. When the animal doctor said her name aloud, he said to himself "ha, from Saturday Night Live". I said nothing, but I wondered what he was talking about. So, I come home, and Wiki it. Turns out, people give me weird looks when I say her name because Mango is a fucking sexually ambiguous exotic dancer. MANGO IS A FRUIT YOU DUMB BITCHES!

Mangoes on
  • Options
    flyingmonkeyflyingmonkey Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    multimoog wrote: »

It's the stack of rubber bands that freaks me out. Everyone knows those naturally tangle into a ball. She must've trained them or something.

Look again Moog, she has them paperclipped together. She's got to be OCD, I mean got to be.

flyingmonkey on
    3. And quit this emo-slumming shit. Fuck.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    multimoog wrote: »

Look again Moog, she has them paperclipped together. She's got to be OCD, I mean got to be.
    Just like from Curb Your Enthusiasm. TV teaches me things.

EDIT: Speaking of TV...Lost was crazy man. Uuuurghhh, I hate commercials and I hate waiting a week to watch the next episode. I want to watch them all now.

(ohms)Crunchy on
    14e9iqh.jpg
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    In response to Bacon.

My mom got my dad a GPS for his last birthday and we've all been using it some to great effect! You don't even have to have the slightest clue where you're going, just input the address and it takes you there. It's brilliant. I would've never been able to get to some of the places (or out of them) without it. It's smart and shit too. If you don't take a route it recommends, it recalculates to get you there from your current route. You can't fool that thing. I love it.

TheBog on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2008
    Sooo... I realize I wont be able to get money out of the most of you for just drawing, but I figured i will post this: http://irukatheslayer.deviantart.com/journal/16666442/ anyway, considering that I wish to replace my Ipod and I am making some card board wall hangers. For You PAers I could also go for Masonite or canvas if you want.

Iruka on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    So my girlfriend's purse got stolen today. That's bad.

But there wasn't anything in there but credit cards that can't be replaced. That's good.

Except she did also have her fancy expensive Chocolate phone she got for Christmas in there as well. That's bad.

But it was a gift so she's not out any money, and it's probably insured under theft. That's good.

However, she has naked photos on me on there. That's bad, and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it.

I'm mostly laughing over it. Mostly. :lol:

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2008
    How many naked photos does one carry on a phone? And I'd hope that who ever stole it doesn't start calling you....interested, but if you do get any sexy calls you could at least track 'em down maybe.

This is why I carry everything in my pockets. (though....my pocket was the downfall of obby)

Iruka on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, no, it was really a boneheaded thing the way it was stolen (read: negligence). But she was tired and just got out of a tough class and wasn't thinking, afterward she was terrified I'd blowup about the pictures.

All I can do is laugh about it.

That is until I get an interested phone call.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    See, now I have naked pictures of myself painted on the outside of my phone in order to prevent theft.

more of this bullshit.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    See, now I have naked pictures of myself painted on the outside of my phone in order to prevent theft.

more of this bullshit.

So, how'd the pan-frying adventure work? I found in my case that I made the crust a little thick and it was too much in my stomach, but it was still good. My toppings were broiled Pepperoni and Cheese. Meaning, I used the broiler to warm the cheese and pepperoni until they were delicious. Still, too much crust.

I'ma try again tomorrow, see if I can make something more delicious with less crust.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

more of this bullshit.

So, how'd the pan-frying adventure work? I found in my case that I made the crust a little thick and it was too much in my stomach, but it was still good. My toppings were broiled Pepperoni and Cheese. Meaning, I used the broiler to warm the cheese and pepperoni until they were delicious. Still, too much crust.

I'ma try again tomorrow, see if I can make something more delicious with less crust.

I think I didn't cook the first side long enough, and then cooked the other side too much trying to compensate. The result was a little less satisfying than I had hoped for, but I am pretty confident that's just because I am an idiot, and not because of the technique itself.

I might try it again sometime, now that hopefully I've got a better grasp on what needs to happen.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    i tend to wonder if you use such emphasis when talking in real life, angelic bacon.

beavotron on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

more of this bullshit.

Is the whole background for that thing just you facepalming?

TheBog on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited February 2008
    This is an interesting concept but not really all that practical.

http://gizmodo.com/351219/private-cloud-is-a-rocking-bed-both-ways

The description is pretty well done, though.

Grifter on
  • Options
    in_absentiain_absentia Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So, what happens if you roll the whole thing over?

in_absentia on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I just got some instructions from QWEST on how to reroute our voicemail box but... it's in COMIC SANS! God help us, first my doctor's office and now this.

Prospicience on
This discussion has been closed.