As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CHAT]IVUS FOR THE REST OF US

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Forbe! wrote: »
    Anything after 8 is sort of ludicrous. Seriously. Unless you're making billboards.

I thought billboards were like, ridiculously low resolution. You could probably take a 4 megapixel picture and slap it on a billboard and the picture would look fine. I mean, you're viewing them from the highway. You don't even need to get within 40 feet.

This is true. Get up close to a billboard and they'll have giant pixels the size of your head. But now that I think of it, there are other big ads you can get upclose and touch. Like the wrap-around designs on a public bus, those should be taken at high rez.

EDIT:

Holy crap, Golden Compass wins hands down at having the most absurd fight scene ever!
    So, it's an army of nordic men with wolf souls... against kids... against witches.... and gypsies... oh, and a bear with armor and his cowboy friend on a ballon.... and it all takes place in the north pole!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Anything after 8 is sort of ludicrous. Seriously. Unless you're making billboards.

I thought billboards were like, ridiculously low resolution. You could probably take a 4 megapixel picture and slap it on a billboard and the picture would look fine. I mean, you're viewing them from the highway. You don't even need to get within 40 feet.

This is true. Get up close to a billboard and they'll have giant pixels the size of your head. But now that I think of it, there are other big ads you can get upclose and touch. Like the wrap-around designs on a public bus, those should be taken at high rez.

EDIT:

Holy crap, Golden Compass wins hands down at having the most absurd fight scene ever!
    So, it's an army of nordic men with wolf souls... against kids... against witches.... and gypsies... oh, and a bear with armor and his cowboy friend on a ballon.... and it all takes place in the north pole!

Yeah, the bus ads I worked on in ze san fran were ridiculously high rez. Hey MT you ever do that interview for the new job?

And I must state, snowboarding is awesome. I can see how someone would be a snowboarding/ski bum. Edit: at least for a year or two.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

What I am getting at is... Unless you have some commercial application where you would need images exceeding 8 or so megapixels, there is no reason to get anything higher. IE: Publication, graphic design, boners, ect.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Hey MT you ever do that interview for the new job?

Yep, I went. But they told me they'll start pick ppl up on January. To be honest, I wasn't getting a good vibe from that place, or the guy that's gonna be my boss (super-old-school-man with super-old-school-ideas). I don't think I'll take it, even if they call me. I'm waiting on some other ad agencies that are also gonna start picking ppl up on January. Let's see what happens.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    ppl
    Oh god, not you too.

bombardier on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    okay, home death-stretch on my SS thingie

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Guys the Cry thread in SE++ has got me crazy melancholy

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Why am I at work? I was the only person on the road today...

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Projeck wrote: »
    Guys the Cry thread in SE++ has got me crazy melancholy

this was why i did not read it at all, i don't need to go looking for reasons to cry

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My mate swiped me a couple of those wii steering wheels from his work and now i'm really interested in a wii racing game.

i was looking at need for speed carbon, but the reviews were saying that's it's not that well suited for the motion sensors.

any suggestions?

r-jasper on
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    ...and we're back.

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Uh-oh, guys. We left the cat locked in the AC all those days and none left any food out for it... *sigh* who's gonna tell Bacon the cat died?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Uh-oh, guys. We left the cat locked in the AC all those days and none left any food out for it... *sigh* who's gonna tell Bacon the cat died?

Depends on who can hold the most body armor.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I'm for forum segregation during the holidays.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    r-jasper wrote: »
    My mate swiped me a couple of those wii steering wheels from his work and now i'm really interested in a wii racing game.

i was looking at need for speed carbon, but the reviews were saying that's it's not that well suited for the motion sensors.

any suggestions?

Excite Truck is a fairly sweet, though completely arcade racing game.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Yay! TF2 against Projeck and O for the wiiiiin!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Hey Balderdork, add me on steam, username bombardier.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I don't actually own the game D:

I'm one winter holiday at my parents' place, so I'm back at the LAN center I used to run. It's the only way I can play the game right now, but lordy, I'm hooked. I'm going to have to look into rebuilding my PC pronto!

• Options
    edited December 2007
    More like Bombarqueer!

• Options
    edited December 2007

bastard

go check out my SS submission in the sticky thread, it's under Iruka

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hope everyone had a merry christmas! Haven't been around at all for ages, but seeing that SS thread made me really nostalgic, especially AoB's awesome animation for DMAC.

New Year's resolution: put down the guitar hero controller and start drawing again.
    Prediction: It will last about 4 hours before I break.

Lly on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Does anyone know how to bring back deleted files? I accidentally deleted my iTunes folder while trying to copy it to another hard drive. Oh my god so much music lost. I tried system restore but didn't work.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    This may sound obvious, and you probably already did it, but did you check the recycle bin?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    This may sound obvious, and you probably already did it, but did you check the recycle bin?

yeah not there :( lost about 1500 songs... I love my music so this really sucks.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited December 2007
    You can download some software. Try googling undelete.

Here's one piece of software that came up when I looked it up.

http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    thanks a bunch Grifter, giving it a go.

I'm amazed by how much I forget to use google when something goes wrong with my computer, but how much I use/suggest it to other people when they have problems.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I NEED A FUCKING GAME CUBE CONTROLLER

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    GOOGLE IT

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Sorry, I only use Ask Jeeves.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    (ohms)Crunchy(ohms)Crunchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ask Jeeves to Google it for you.

(ohms)Crunchy on
    14e9iqh.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    If Jeeves Googles you... is that dirty? I mean, should I tell the cops or a teacher?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Where did he Google you? Just point it out on the doll, son.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

bastard

go check out my SS submission in the sticky thread, it's under Iruka

that was hella fun

Projeck on
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    thanks a bunch Grifter, giving it a go.

I'm amazed by how much I forget to use google when something goes wrong with my computer, but how much I use/suggest it to other people when they have problems.

It is very important not to use your computer much during this period and even more so not to do any writing to the disk - the more you use the computer the more likely it is that you will over write the section of the harddrive that had your music on it. Some software can recover even when this happens, but it's sketchy and often those ones cost a lot of money.

Virum on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I cannot stop laughing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc

"Thanks for nothing!"

Godfather on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    That may be funnier for animation students, but I gotta say.

I fucking laughed.

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    iruka, could you tell what my ss gift to you was

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Guys. A new reason to live:

http://www.wacom.com/cintiq/12WX.cfm

Tam on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Tam wrote: »
    Guys. A new reason to live:

http://www.wacom.com/cintiq/12WX.cfm
    Or for those on a budget...

It's got pressure sensitivity. I didn't know the DS could even do that.

But that does look neat. If only I had the skills to make it a worthwhile purchase.

bombardier on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    iruka, could you tell what my ss gift to you was

A Komodo Dragon? Yes, I could tell what it was. Why, was some one confused?

That tablet is pretty sweet, but honestly I think I'd rather not have a tablet I was even more afraid of breaking. I abuse the hell out of mine. I dont need a punctureable LCD to slam around.

Iruka on
This discussion has been closed.