As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CHAT]IVUS FOR THE REST OF US

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited January 2008
    The first morning back after four days of sleeping in sucks.

DMAC on
  • Options
    (ohms)Crunchy(ohms)Crunchy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I agree. I haven't worked since...Dec. 20th. I had a nice lonnnng break. And I'm sitting at work right now half asleep. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to sleep until 1pm basically everyday on my break.

There's barely any work to be done right now anyways, so it's all good. One of the good things about designing the newspaper is that it's not busy around this time of month. :^:

(ohms)Crunchy on
    14e9iqh.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I worked Thursday/Friday last week which was kind of a joke. This week is starting to feel more like "real work" again already. :P

DMAC on
  • Options
    (ohms)Crunchy(ohms)Crunchy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Random: Is it true that there are no rats in Alberta?

(ohms)Crunchy on
    14e9iqh.jpg
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited January 2008
    This is pretty cool. A bunch of panoramas of new year's fireworks from around the world.
    http://www.panoramas.dk/New-Year-2008/index.html

Grifter on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    This is pretty cool too: a herd of buffaloes fighting with a pack of lions and two crocodiles for their wounded calf: (stay until the end)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM

Mayday on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Random: Is it true that there are no rats in Alberta?

I've heard that before but I honestly don't know. We get mice but I've never seen a rat.

DMAC on
  • Options
    EnefEnef Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    This is even cooler, a giant robot filipino movie that looks goofy and fun.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1214128517/bctid1344670033

for added bonus, the actor that plays the main character is actually supposedly a governer in the Philippines.

Enef on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So, according to these guys Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world. For some reason, I thought it was English.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So I had this dream: I found a hat somewhere on campus (similar to the one Gabe's character wears in todays PA comic), and it granted you the ability to fly if you flapped your wings like a bird. The rest of the dream was me flying around my campus, on the usual paths I take. At one point a handycapped, overweight woman in a wheel chair started chasing me. Some how she was able to walk, and was running after me with a broom, trying to get my hat so she didn't have to use the wheel chair anymore.

What a dream.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I don't think those figures make much sense. I mean, the table damn near contradicts itself in every row. And arabic has an almost 200 million discrepancy? Its sorted by the Ethnologue, but there are all these other estimates on the same table. And like Hindi has an estimate of 948 million total in one, and only 181 million in another? How can India have about 1 billion people with only 20 percent of the population actually knowing the language?

Its a well known fact that 80% of all statistics are bullshit or made up on the spot to prove a point.

bebarce on
  • Options
    Shiekahn_boyShiekahn_boy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Gahhh... Don't you hate it when you get part of a song stuck in your head? All I hear is the Indian chanting in the background of the song. It was a song i heard in the 90's and it came back to me today.

Hope All you guys had a good New Year's! I have to go back to school tomorrow. :<

Shiekahn_boy on
    "your a moron you know that wolves have packs wich they rely on nd they could ever here of lone wolves? you an idiot and your gay, wolves have packs and are smart with tactics" - Youtube Wolf Enthusiast.
    What the fuck are you people even arguing about? Shut up.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    bebarce wrote: »
    Its a well known fact that 80% of all statistics are bullshit or made up on the spot to prove a point.

Hahaha! This reminds me of the truest comment I've ever heard: "There are three types of lies; lies, damn lies and statistics".

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I like how every troll thinks that they're the first person to post shitty artwork as a joke.

DMAC on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm not even sure if that was a troll.

Mayday on
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well, he did ask me to solve his riddles as I crossed over his thread.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    This was a very interesting read on the History of Punctuation. Wow... just wow... the History of Punctuation... Jesus, I'm a boring person.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Man, do yourself a favor. Go out and get laid or something. Then again, with your enthralling conversation about punctuation, I guess it'll be kind of hard. Better just pay a girl to give you some MBOS™.

Grifter on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Grifter wrote: »
    Man, do yourself a favor. Go out and get laid or something. Then again, with your enthralling conversation about punctuation, I guess it'll be kind of hard. Better just pay a girl to give you some MBOS™.

He can't get off unless the lady is in her period.

MKR on
  • Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Is there any possible way to resurrect a chat thread after... ^^

Veritas on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yes.

MKR on
  • Options
    multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    logo.jpg

Whut's goin' on over on this side?

multimoog on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    The real question is, is there any way to resurrect a chat thread after this ^^

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »
    The real question is, is there any way to resurrect a chat thread after my face

Unfortunately, no.

multimoog on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Only an hour and a half until the weekend starts, guys! Almost time to get sauced up!

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    You people and your whacky time zones.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, there's not that many people over here in the AST.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    multimoog wrote: »
    Forbe! wrote: »
    The real question is, is there any way to resurrect a chat thread after my face

Unfortunately, this reply isn't as witty as a Simpsons image macro.

ehhhhyr9.jpg

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Is it possible to get sick of being forced to eat junk food? 'Cause I swear, after a while, it's not as fun as it sounds.

Flay on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    How are you forced to eat junk food?

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'm supposed to be gaining weight at the moment (I got put in hospital for that and my heart a couple o' weeks ago), but somehow I managed to loose a bit last week (I think I have a crazy high metabolism now, or the scales screwed up or something...).

So now my mum's freaking out and trying really hard to put on a rapid weight gain. But I swear, all I want is a nice sandwich or something.

Flay on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Junk food isn't going to do it.

Edit: Not alone, or quickly.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Forbe: why the hate? At first I thought you were being a jerk, now I know you're a douche.

Flay: why can't you have a nice sandwich that's also high in calories? Extra mayo can be applied.

multimoog on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    what

are you anorexic or something?

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    what

are you anorexic or something?

Bingo.

EDIT: Well, was, really. Plus I was never ridiculously underweight like those freaky models who look like they're made of sticks or something, it was more that I had dropped a lot of weight really quickly and it was messing me up (especially my heart; my pulse was dropping in to the high twenties).

Flay: why can't you have a nice sandwich that's also high in calories? Extra mayo can be applied.

Try telling that to my mum. :|

Flay on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    You'd be better off eating lots of carbs. Eating lots of bread and stuff like that would help put on the weight more quickly than sugary stuff.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, I know, but mother dearest is kind of in panic-mode at the moment and won't listen to anything I say. Nothin' to do but deal with it.

Flay on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Flay wrote: »
    But I swear, all I want is a nice sandwich or something.

Ask your mom:

Where's the beef?

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Flay wrote: »

Try telling that to my mum. :|

That all really sucks. Plus it seems like junk food wouldn't be any better for your heart in the long run, either. Maybe you can point out things you like to your mom as well as the calorie count? Meat & cheese on a big, thick sandwich isn't exactly slimming. Things like fresh bread, potatoes, etc. That's assuming you DO like those kinds of things.

multimoog on
  • Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    You can eat healthy and still put on weight, I would research that before you kill your self on the opposite end of the scale :p

Like it was mentioned carbs, meats, cheeses, dairy.

Veritas on
This discussion has been closed.