As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[I am Santa Claus] Wii Help for the Elderly

Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
edited December 2007 in Games and Technology
I have a 10 year old Daughter that is asking me for several Wii games. Now then, as I try to find out if they stink or not, I'm not having a ton of Luck.

What we have now:

Super Paper Mario
Madden 08
Urm.. the surgery Game
Big Brain Academy
Mario Party 8
Wii Play(for the extra remote)

What she wants:

Some Tamagachi thing
Pokemon Battle thing

What I think she MAY like:

Mario Galaxy
That Nights Game
Wii DDR game

What I need from You:

A game a 10 year old Girl will like?

50433.png?1708759015
Banzai5150 on

• Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Might she like Warioware?

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I would say the DDR game .... but I'm not a 10 year old girl, so I don't know for sure.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Whilst neither of the games she wants are stellar I don't think either of them are bad enough to warrant not getting the child what she asked for.

You may think you know best, you may actually know best, this means nothing here.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I certainly haven't heard anything about either game that would suggest they're so awful as to warrant not getting them; if she specifically asked for them and Santa Claus tends to bring her things she asks for when she's a good kid, then they shouldn't be ignored, unless they induce vomiting like a Phoenix Game or something. Tamagotchi should be enjoyable to a kid her age, and there should be plenty to do with Pokemon Battle Revolution, especially if she owns Pokemon for DS.

Get Mario. if she only gets one thing for Christmas, doesn't matter how good or bad she's been, she's a person and she deserves to play this game.

Nights is shaping up to look pretty stellar, and I'm positive 10-year old girls enjoy dancing games. WarioWare should prove enjoyable, as well.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    She told you what she wants. Just get her those.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Thanks for the replies. She's a good kid and I wanna make sure I get her a Decent game. By Elderly I'm a meager 40 and play the Wii as well, and know what it's like to buy a game you THINK will rock and find out it Sucks, so I'm trying to not set her up for dissapointment.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. She's a good kid and I wanna make sure I get her a Decent game. By Elderly I'm a meager 40 and play the Wii as well, and know what it's like to buy a game you THINK will rock and find out it Sucks, so I'm trying to not set her up for dissapointment.

But if she is disappointed she'll learn to research her purchases more and to be more careful about buying. Christmas gift + lesson learned = HIGH SCORES ALL AROUND

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    SharpieSharpie Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Get her the games she wants. :D

I remember being a ten-year old girl (it really wasn't that long ago) and I knew what I wanted. No matter how good the games you get for her are, if they are not what she was hoping for there will be an initial dissapointment. I don't know much about the Tamagotchi game, but Pokemon can offer endless fun if she has Pokemon DS and a Wi-Fi connection.

Maybe get her those games and one other from your list. But three games does get kinda expensive...

Sharpie on
    pasig.jpgPW2.jpg
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Nothing says "I love you" like ruining a kids Christmas and saying "MAYBE YOU SHOULD ASK FOR STUFF THAT'S NOT STUPID"

Really though, Pokemon Battle Revolution is a great game if she has internets and pokemon pearl/diamond. I've never heard of any tamogachi-type game for the Wii though.

But yeah, unless she's asking for cruisin' or vampire rain it's probably bets to at least get her what she asks for first.

If you want to spoil her with awesomeness later that's also good.

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    She and I both have A DS and Pearl/Diamond so the Battle one may happen. And I guess you are right and just get her one she's been asking for(Tamagachi). I may just get her Tamagachi and the DDR(cuz her mom wants that one too)... Would get more, but already had to get a ton of those damned Webkinz.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    If you're getting her two games, make it Pokemon Battle Revolution and "Tamagotchi game thing".

Tamagotchi is only $20, so after that you can get her a 3rd game of what you want to push on her :p. Which would be Mario or Nights. I'd say Mario, because it's Mario.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    MaximilianMaximilian Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Get the ones she wanted + SMG if that's an option. Otherwise just get the ones she wanted. At least that's what I'd do (and then get SMG for myself).

Maximilian on
  • Options
    SollahSollah Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I have an 11 year old sister. She's been big into video games for a long, long time. She's beaten several of them, including Twilight Princess, and almost has all of the stars on SMG. When she gets old enough, she wants to play Metal Gear Solid.

However, she loves playing Pokemon and she can spend hours playing Kirby Air Ride with her cousin or Marble Blast Ultra by herself. While Super Mario Galaxy is her new favorite game, I'll still find Kirby Air Ride in the Wii every now and then, and the game has been out for how long? <.<

Point is, while everyone may find game A to be alot better then game B, and maybe even she'll admit the same thing, she might get more replay value out of game B because she loves it more for some reason only she knows. You should prolly stick to what she wants. Maybe get SMG too if you're that concerned that she won't enjoy either one of the games she wants. >.>

Sollah on
    palonelydriver.gif