As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

odd problem with UT3 PS3

DarkSymphonyDarkSymphony Registered User regular
edited December 2007 in Games and Technology
ok so I love it so far and it's damn amazing, but I have an odd issue with it. It seems that anytime my left analog stick is just baaaaarely sticking forward I run forward even without me touching the controller. often times I have to tilt it back to reverse it (duh) but most often if I left go, i'll go running forward again. Only a very very slight nudge backwards will make it stop, as a harder push backwards will make me go forward again.

my guess is that a tiny tiny amount of coordinate change in that direction on the analog stick will make you run and my controller is showing wear and tear by having it be tilted forward ever so slightly as its resting place. The thing is, this has not effected any other game, this is the first it's happened and I tried other games today; none of them do it except UT3. perhaps the defintion for "running" is set a little to sensative to the controller?

DarkSymphony on

• Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I've played several controllers of different consoles to death over the years, sounds to me that the controller's sticks are starting to get worn and UT3 is more sensitive than other games, which is why you're only seeing it in UT.

Arrath on
  • Options
    DarkSymphonyDarkSymphony Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    yeah that's what I was thinking too. looks to be time for another controller!

DarkSymphony on
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Do you have a second one you can play on? Dualshocks are coming not too far off now.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png