As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This ain't a dream thread!!! PRESS 'A'!

BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKSRegistered User regular
edited December 2007 in Social Entropy++
All right homps, time to talk about your dreams, lucid or otherwise.

i have crazy insane lucid dreams almost every night, and they are always entertaining to talk about, and i know you guys must have some crazy dreams to tell.

i'll start off with a reoccurring dream i have had about once a year, sometimes more since i was about 10 years old. spoilered for those that just want to skip down and talk about their dreams.
So i wake up in my best friend from kindergarten's house, and he is having a party. at this party everyone i know is invited, (and as the years went on new people i had met would appear in the dream, while people i no longer knew wouldn't) and we are all getting ready to give my friend his presents.

none of the presents are important or special except for this one particular present that no one ever knows who it was from; the present is a game, and when it is opened everyone at the party is sucked into it, good ole vortex style. Once in the game, everyone has been transformed into an animal that in my mind, represents them, i am usually a cat, though the last time i had the dream i was an otter (apparently i always see myself s my favorite animal). the game is always set in a jungle type atmosphere, big huge trees, lakes/rivers all over, a fantasy land.

my sister is always a lion, my brother used to be a frog but now is usually a dog, so on and so on. a voice sounds loudly, saying that the only way out of the game was to kill everyone else.

so, it is like the movie battle royale, only with animals in a magic board game. and i swear to god, when i saw the movie battle royale, i nearly shit myself because it sounded a lot like my dream, minus the silly animal transformations.

i have never won the game, the winner changes each time i have it, and usually i get killed by whoever i had a bi fight with recently, usually my sister.

so SE++, do you normally dream lucid dreams? (where you know you are dreaming and can sort of mold it how you want).

do you dream at all? or often?

vmn6rftb232b.png
Belruel on

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    quiet lass you have a working anus

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    my dreams usually involve me getting blown apart limb from limb and blood is everywhere

it's great because when I wake up my arm's asleep or something

which is probably because I sleep awkwardly and end up putting weight on it.

but the dreams are so cool I just can't stop

Obbi on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    i do not usually dream
    if I do I don't remember it anyway

I am so glad the way it is

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    So you dream of fan-fiction of Jumanji crossed with Battle Royale?

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    Admiral SuzieAdmiral Suzie Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I had this dream when I was around 4 or so. Maybe not 4, but I was really young at the time. It wasn't lucid at all, and I'm not even sure I'm capable of thinking up something so weird.

I wasn't taking part in this dream, I was only watching. It was a bunch of African American kids walking around with Bill Cosby in this huge Lego Land for a field trip. The blocks were the size of trailer homes, walls was high as you could see, and the blocks went as far as you could see. It was nothing like the Lego Land theme park that actually exists.

One of the kids, a boy with glasses turns to Cosby and complains how thirsty he is. So Cosby hands him a sandwich in an opened ziplock plastic bag, and the sandwich has a straw sticking out of it, like it was some kind of drink.

The kid takes a sip and falls over dead from poison, and the group carries on like nothing happened.

Admiral Suzie on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So you dream of fan-fiction of Jumanji crossed with Battle Royale?

yea, this is actually kind of true. i always look forward to this dream though, its a really fun exciting dream to have.

last night i had a dream where i had to go check on my boyfriend's nipples, but he was in ecuador, and i had an adventure on the way there. it was a lucid dream though, so i was all like 'heck yes, adventure dream, i want a pet monkey that wears a suit'

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    yeah so dreams pretty weird huh

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    admiral, that dream sounds so weird. haha, cosby poisoned a kid with a drinkable sandwich.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    Rampant EntityRampant Entity Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I have really horrible night terrors. I'm not really in the mood to share the vivid ones because they're things I try to forget. In retrospect though, there was one in particular that was actually quite hilarious.

I woke up one night, and kneeling at the side of my bed was a fucking raptor. It was just growling right at me. Of course I scream and begin running around the room panicked, trying desperately to find the door - that's right, I was so out of it that I couldn't even find my damn door - and this thing is fucking tailing right behind me. I finally find the door and run out into the hall screaming, "FUCKING RAPTORS! FUCKING RAPTORS! OH GOD NO! NO!"

My family apparently found this hilarious.

Rampant Entity on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Belruel wrote: »
    admiral, that dream sounds so weird. haha, cosby poisoned a kid with a drinkable sandwich.

What the fuck was I smoking back then.

I had a lucid dream that was awesome the other night.
    It was all steam punk, and I had to crawl into these sewers to help rid out a small population of zombies, which looked like they were from Half Life.

I was doing my job when half way down the pipes they turned into actually hallways, which I thought was really weird. Then I started hearing footsteps behind me. It was totally dark back there so I started running, and of course the foot steps started running.

There were zombies down these hallways as well so while I was running from the footsteps, I was also killing zombies, partly because they are zombies and because they were obstacles. At this point it was actually getting scary, really scary for a lucid dream.

Eventually he catches me and it all turns erotic. No zombies involved of course.

Admiral Suzie on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    i woke up this morning completely believing that at some point during the night i woke up, called a cab, actually went out of my apartment, got in said cab, told the cabbie that i had forgotten something in my apartment and asked him to drive me back, told the cabbie to wait outside while i got whatever it was i left in my apartment, and instead went back upstairs and went back to sleep. i woke up worrying that i was going to have an angry cabbie on my hands to deal with.

i had some pizza and soda for dinner and went to bed watching mythbusters. i don't know what the fuck would cause such a dream.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Your av/sig combo is wondrous.

Rampant Entity on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I sometimes dream of electric sheep

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    okay i remember once i had a dream where i was underwater with my cousin and brother
    we were like Really far under the ocean, and there was this huge rock wall thing

we were at the bottom of it in a little alcove, and the huge fucking fish from that one star wars movie was there in front of us. yes this was the most terrifying thing

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I sometimes dream of electric sheep

I dream of that, too.

Rampant Entity on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I was shot to death in a dream once. Seriously.

I was just walking around my neighborhood, when some guy comes out, and shoots me in the leg and I fall over. He proceeds to shoot me again, in the side, and I start screaming "He's got a gun!" He then comes up, shoots me in the side of the head, and everything goes dark.

I woke up the next second, and was scared shitless. D:

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All Bastard. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I had a dream I was hitch hiking down this long stretch of generic deserted highway, when a semi truck pulls up. I get in and it's Bill Murry in drag. He drives down the highway and starts rapping about freelance assassinations.

I had another dream where a bunch of people are standing around my open grave, their evil flowing into the rotted empty sockets of my eyes. A dying goat screams in the background and I rise.

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I have really horrible night terrors. I'm not really in the mood to share the vivid ones because they're things I try to forget. In retrospect though, there was one in particular that was actually quite hilarious.

I woke up one night, and kneeling at the side of my bed was a fucking raptor, and it was just growling right at me. Of course I scream and begin running around the room panicked, trying desperately to find the door - that's right, I was so out of it that I couldn't even find my damn door - and this thing is fucking tailing right behind me. I finally find the door and run out into the hall screaming, "FUCKING RAPTORS! FUCKING RAPTORS! OH GOD NO! NO!"

hahaha this is brilliant.

about a month and a half ago i had a dream where aliens invaded my city, and my friends and family ran to the mall (of course :roll: ) and the aliens kind of trapped us there, but these aliens could only move around in the dark, but everyone was terrified to try and go fight them, so i armed up (no idea where i got the guns) freaking rambo style, bullet belt around my chest, headband, big guns, and ran out, while they all screamed after me to not do it, but i just said "Some things need to be done" and somersaulted under one of those metal sliding panels that cover the shop entrances in malls after they are closed, showering all directions with bullets, throwing grenades, backflipping, being awesome.

then it kind of went into a montage, where i somehow was in all the different areas of aliens without having to run there, it was never explained of course, and i singlehandedly wiped out the entire invading force.

then it jumped to a dream where i was sitting on a train riding into the sunset with my dad sitting a few seats back, and i was smoking a cigarette (i have never touched anything that can be smoked ever in my life) nd i looked like a tough hero, and my dad said 'Look at Candice, thinking she's so tough with her cigarette'

then i woke up.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I have dreams all the time, mostly lucid ones.
    Every now and again though, my mind will take a huge dump and I'll have this long dream that lasts for hours and it will keep shifting and changing and it would contain the most random shit you could think of. For example, once I was dreaming I was a cow and I was playing Frisbee against another cow with a squashed turtle.

Odin on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

I woke up one night, and kneeling at the side of my bed was a fucking raptor, and it was just growling right at me. Of course I scream and begin running around the room panicked, trying desperately to find the door - that's right, I was so out of it that I couldn't even find my damn door - and this thing is fucking tailing right behind me. I finally find the door and run out into the hall screaming, "FUCKING RAPTORS! FUCKING RAPTORS! OH GOD NO! NO!"

about a month and a half ago i had a dream where aliens invaded my city, and my friends and family ran to the mall (of course :roll: ) and the aliens kind of trapped us there, but these aliens could only move around in the dark, but everyone was terrified to try and go fight them, so i armed up (no idea where i got the guns) freaking rambo style, bullet belt around my chest, headband, big guns, and ran out, while they all screamed after me to not do it, but i just said "Some things need to be done" and somersaulted under one of those metal sliding panels that cover the shop entrances in malls after they are closed, showering all directions with bullets, throwing grenades, backflipping, being awesome.

then it kind of went into a montage, where i somehow was in all the different areas of aliens without having to run there, it was never explained of course, and i singlehandedly wiped out the entire invading force.

then it jumped to a dream where i was sitting on a train riding into the sunset with my dad sitting a few seats back, and i was smoking a cigarette (i have never touched anything that can be smoked ever in my life) nd i looked like a tough hero, and my dad said 'Look at Candice, thinking she's so tough with her cigarette'

then i woke up.

damn

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited December 2007

What the fuck was I smoking back then.

I had a lucid dream that was awesome the other night.
    It was all steam punk, and I had to crawl into these sewers to help rid out a small population of zombies, which looked like they were from Half Life.

I was doing my job when half way down the pipes they turned into actually hallways, which I thought was really weird. Then I started hearing footsteps behind me. It was totally dark back there so I started running, and of course the foot steps started running.

There were zombies down these hallways as well so while I was running from the footsteps, I was also killing zombies, partly because they are zombies and because they were obstacles. At this point it was actually getting scary, really scary for a lucid dream.

Eventually he catches me and it all turns erotic. No zombies involved of course.

I feel bad for laughing, but that is pretty fucking funny.

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Your av/sig combo is wondrous.

i <3 Picard so so much :o

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007

then i woke up.

damn

Megaman once saved me from monsters in a dream once, he pretty much did the same thing: spraying bullets all over the place, doing somersaults, and a bunch of other cool shit. I love that dream so much because at first it was probably one of the most horrifying nightmares of my life, and then Megaman come right the hell out of nowhere, and then proceeds to save the day.

Rampant Entity on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    i woke up this morning completely believing that at some point during the night i woke up, called a cab, actually went out of my apartment, got in said cab, told the cabbie that i had forgotten something in my apartment and asked him to drive me back, told the cabbie to wait outside while i got whatever it was i left in my apartment, and instead went back upstairs and went back to sleep. i woke up worrying that i was going to have an angry cabbie on my hands to deal with.

i had some pizza and soda for dinner and went to bed watching mythbusters. i don't know what the fuck would cause such a dream.

I once woke up convinced that my boyfriend at the time died. He died in my dream, I think he was shot at school, and all my friends were sad, it was really depressing. One of them went suicidal, and at the end it was snowing.
    In august.

Yet in 4 in the morning he was dead.

I saw him at school the next day and told him about it and was really happy to see him, and acted like he thought I lost my mind.

Admiral Suzie on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Well, that's depressing.

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited December 2007
    in the end it wasn't too depressing though

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Well, that's depressing.

ur despressing

Admiral Suzie on
  • Options
    TheRealBadgerTheRealBadger Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    "FUCKING RAPTORS! FUCKING RAPTORS! OH GOD NO! NO!"

That is excellent. Also excellently scary. But mainly excellent. I get the odd night terrors every few months. Mostly it's me being eaten alive by rats. IRL the rats and I have an understanding, but in dream life those little fuckers are ruthless.

Also, I had an awesome dream last night. Me, a lone soldier defending a research facility and its employees against an assassin (Bruce Willis). Awesome gun battles and some one liners I can't remember. Anyway after I killed him I broke into the facility to see what was going on there. There were two scientists, one had just discovered the secret of alchemy and could turn anything he wanted into ice. The other had created the most awesome sandwich ever. We all ate some of his sandwiches and even the alchemy guy conceded that it was worth the billions of dollars of funding.

It combined so many good dreams into one.

TheRealBadger on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    i die a lot in my dreams, whenever i am not the hero i get killed, and sometimes when i am the hero i get killed.

i have been shot, stabbed, skinned, decapitated, drowned, smooshed, neck broken, and once a guy in a bar shoved a glass cup through my head.

i always wake up terrified and sweating.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    bel that is probably not very nice >_>

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    "FUCKING RAPTORS! FUCKING RAPTORS! OH GOD NO! NO!"

That is excellent. Also excellently scary. But mainly excellent. I get the odd night terrors every few months. Mostly it's me being eaten alive by rats. IRL the rats and I have an understanding, but in dream life those little fuckers are ruthless.

Also, I had an awesome dream last night. Me, a lone soldier defending a research facility and its employees against an assassin (Bruce Willis). Awesome gun battles and some one liners I can't remember. Anyway after I killed him I broke into the facility to see what was going on there. There were two scientists, one had just discovered the secret of alchemy and could turn anything he wanted into ice. The other had created the most awesome sandwich ever. We all ate some of his sandwiches and even the alchemy guy conceded that it was worth the billions of dollars of funding.

It combined so many good dreams into one.

hahaha "The other had created the most awesome sandwich ever." that is awesome.

also one liners in dreams are always great, and make you feel like you're in an action movie.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All Bastard. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I never die in my dreams.

I might start out dead, but I never die.

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I've also had a dream so funny I woke myself up laughing.

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    i die a lot in my dreams, whenever i am not the hero i get killed, and sometimes when i am the hero i get killed.

i have been shot, stabbed, skinned, decapitated, drowned, smooshed, neck broken, and once a guy in a bar shoved a glass cup through my head.

i always wake up terrified and sweating.

God, you're a hero in your dreams? What the hell. I'm never the hero in my dreams, I always end up being the innocent bystander or a dickish villain.

Rampant Entity on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    haha, the other night i had fallen asleep watching a movie cuddled against my boyfriend, and woke up to him shaking me, apparently i had been twitching lot saying 'no, no, NOT THE FUCKING BUGS!'

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    I feel like I'm missing out on something. I pass out at 1am and then the next thing I know my alarm is going off at five to 8.

I haven't properly dreamt in years.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    yes sporkandrew me too
    hi five

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Posting in Bel's first thread because she asked for it to be kept alive and I can help do this.

On a side note I don't dream very often, but my most recent one involved telling my brother not to use the flamethrower in the house.

He was trying to kill a cockroach in the laundry with it.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    i still haven't had one of those lucid flying dreams yet, where you dream that you can fly in the air and go anywhere.

they need a dream store. kinda like iTunes.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png