As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] holds no thrills for me

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    wow, I finally got around to reading my dark tower gunslinger and league of extraordinary gentleman: black dossier hardcover trades and they both suck.... what a ripoff..

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Pop quiz: Which D&D regular sometimes uses a Steve Holt avatar?

Elendil?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »

Elendil?

Dammit, that's what I thought...

Now I don't know who my Phalla Secret Santa gift is from...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    wow, I finally got around to reading my dark tower gunslinger and league of extraordinary gentleman: black dossier hardcover trades and they both suck.... what a ripoff..

Bummer.

Hey, speaking of books. Since I just finally started playing Republic Commando (been meaning to for a while) are the books for it any good?

I mean, Gabe said they were good. But, I don't know how far I trust Gabe on his literary tastes.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Really? Fuck. I loved the book and was thinking about buying it.:|

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    I post drunk at night most of the time.

I have a drinking problem.

When you try to drink water you throw it on your face?

Water? That's that shit you bath in right?

They put it in toilets, too!

D:

Water can go to hell.

I'm just saying.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »

Elendil?

Dammit, that's what I thought...

Now I don't know who my Phalla Secret Santa gift is from...
    I totally know who it is.

I think.

Elendil on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007

Really? Fuck. I loved the book and was thinking about buying it.:|

to be honest I'm only in the first ten pages of dark tower gunslinger, but it just didn't jump out and grab me. Still a lot of reading to go though, and I'm just angry about LOEG: BD.

I thought it was going to be a real comic, and it's a fucking alan moore circle jerk where, like always, he takes characters people know and love and tosses them out of their comfort zone until they're comedy tripe

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Idi AdminIdi Admin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007

Athan.

edit: i am hella late, damn.

Idi Admin on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Idi Admin wrote: »

Athan.

edit: i am hella late, damn.

It's totally me, VH.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Stew, do you know who might be able to look over my groundwork mechanics/themes for my Phalla? I'm at the bottom of our list here so it's a long ways off and Shinto's doing a good job of helping out, but another set of eyes can't hurt, right?

LaOs on
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Bummer.

Hey, speaking of books. Since I just finally started playing Republic Commando (been meaning to for a while) are the books for it any good?

I mean, Gabe said they were good. But, I don't know how far I trust Gabe.

He's what, a webcomic artist? The charity thing is all well and good but I don't see how either entitles his tastes personal tastes to the trust of strangers.

Just sayin'.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Quid wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Did you guys know that it's a statistical fact that TF2 is more fun with D&Ders?

I support this claim!
    I thought it was pretty cool that we were all on the same team. Jino seemed to be a tool.

I agree on all counts.
    I generally don't pay attention outside of what's going on outside of who I'm healing and who's screaming for a medic. What was he up to?
    A lot of bitching in general and really whining when one of his sentry guns would get blown up, as if it was everyone else's fault.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ah, it was that guy.

Meh, I'm a medic and killed at least two spies and an engineer and his turret, so I feel no responsibility.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Stew, do you know who might be able to look over my groundwork mechanics/themes for my Phalla? I'm at the bottom of our list here so it's a long ways off and Shinto's doing a good job of helping out, but another set of eyes can't hurt, right?

I wouldn't mind looking them over if you want. You could poke around in CF's sign up thread too, I'm not sure if Ardor said he wanted to take a break from phalla or not, but you could PM him too.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I fucking hate that. Especially when it's not someone I know, because it shows that the person has no respect if he believes there are no consequences for it.

The very first time I played CoD4 on-line there was a guy bitching, literally without stopping until someone (me) said something.

"Ah, fuck, I hate this map. I fucking hate this fucking stupid fucking shit map, it's the worst fucking map in the fucking game."

A dozen deaths for him, no kills, and as many repetitions of this sentence later, and...

"GODDAMNIT WHY DO WE HAVE TO PLAY THIS FUCKING SHIT MAP IT'S SO AWFUL-"

"Hey, quit your bitching. I'm trying to enjoy this game and I'd rather not sacrifice being able to communicate with everyone else by unplugging my mic or the thirty seconds it takes to bring up the guide and mute you."

"Hey fuck you."

Clearly this, as usual, denoted a lack of an intelligent response, as he didn't say anything else for the remainder of the game.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Did you guys know that it's a statistical fact that TF2 is more fun with D&Ders?

I support this claim!
    I thought it was pretty cool that we were all on the same team. Jino seemed to be a tool.

I agree on all counts.
    I generally don't pay attention outside of what's going on outside of who I'm healing and who's screaming for a medic. What was he up to?
    A lot of bitching in general and really whining when one of his sentry guns would get blown up, as if it was everyone else's fault.

I generally just take all their whining with a grain of salt. It's much more fun when you try to do something crazy, like going melee only when everyone else is gunnin'.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

I wouldn't mind looking them over if you want. You could poke around in CF's sign up thread too, I'm not sure if Ardor said he wanted to take a break from phalla or not, but you could PM him too.

I wouldn't let you play if you helped look over the mechanics. I probably won't be hosting for a while, but it would still be unfair.

I'll see what I can find out over at CF... would it make a difference if it was a D&D reg or a CF reg? Are the games trending in different directions or they're similar enough I could get help that would make a game still work well here?

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    About what time frame would you be hosting? I mentioned in CF that if anyone was looking for a cohost over the winter break where I have more time.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    why so serious

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    His complaining wasn't crazy bad but worse than you'd expect on the PA servers.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I just wish TF2 worked good on my laptop, would get a lot more gametime with it.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    About what time frame would you be hosting? I mentioned in CF that if anyone was looking for a cohost over the winter break where I have more time.

Well, I'm at the end of our D&D list, and that moves very slowly. I think middle of summer I might be hosting. :P It could be sooner if people aren't ready when their time's up, but I've got lots of time until my turn's up.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Yeah, I forgot I was on a PA server for a bit. I don't really recognise a lot of the other PA in-game names though, so that probably contributed more.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Go go Xbox Live!

I hate the intro in Call of Duty 4. "Our so-called 'leaders' prostituted us to the West... Destroyed our culture. Our economies. Our honour."

I hate it 'cause it gets the commie blood in me boiling every time I hear it. GRRRRRR!

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hey, my grades ended up being less bad than I expected. Sweet.

Elendil on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007

Yeah, I forgot I was on a PA server for a bit. I don't really recognise a lot of the other PA in-game names though, so that probably contributed more.
    They're G&T people for the most part.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I really need to be more consistent in my TF2 play. I'll start out a round and dominate but I usually can't keep it up. Once the game gets rolling I have trouble getting kills :|

Playing with D&Ders is the best, though.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Well, the nice thing is, if you play on PC, you can mute individual players. A lot of people who bitch, won't do it if they have to type.

Because they're lazy.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Well, the nice thing is, if you play on PC, you can mute individual players. A lot of people who bitch, won't do it if they have to type.

Because they're lazy.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

They're G&T people for the most part.

Yeah, that's right. I'm starting to recognise some of their nicks now though.

LaOs on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Anyone up for a few rounds after I finish folding this laundry?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Gooey wrote: »

I, too, am doing laundry. Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow morning four eight hours answer phones when people call a tow truck to let them back in their cars.

Gah, I hate this shit.

LaOs on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    What is love?

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I think I may have contributed to the corruption of a buddhist.

I am so proud of myself.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    After this episode of the Office, yes.

Quid on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2007
    I don't want to derail the other thread, so fireguy, you're an idiot.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Unless, of course, Hulu decides to be all sorts of buggy, in which case I'll join whenever.

Quid on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    What is love?

Baby dont hurt me.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    What is love?

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
This discussion has been closed.