As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Acer Laptops

chainsaw willychainsaw willy Registered User regular
I am in need of a new laptop and am looking into an acer. I had an acer previously and I liked it quite a bit, but it is now in non working order through no fault of the computer. Just wondering if there are any similarily priced laptops that are worth looking at.

this is the model I am currently looking at.

chainsaw willy on

• Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Well you didn't say what you plan to use this for or how much it costs.

I'm thinking of buying a similarly specced dell 1520 for about $775 (US) or thereabouts. Should give you some idea of the competition.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This might just be my bias but, I fucking hate Acers. The company I work for sells hardware for laptops. I provide tech support over the phone for it. I have never run into any other brand if laptop with so many hardware conflicts in it. IO errors, random COM port conflicts, funky trial-ware, Acers have it all.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    I've had an Acer (a lower configuation than yours) for about 3 weeks now and aside from the copious shovelware I love it. With 2 gb of RAM and the slowest C2D in production, I am extremely satisfied with its speed and reliability using PS, internet, messengers, word, etc. No hardware defects yet. I called Acer once about a non-problem issue and they were great.

Organichu on