As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quick, easy questions about reinstalling Windows

IriahIriah Registered User regular
edited December 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm formatting my hard drive and reinstalling Windows. I've got all my data backed up on an external HDD. Before I reinstall Windows should I format my hard drive? Or after? And how? Basically I'm completely new and afraid that if I click the wrong button my hard drive will spontaneously combust (considering my track record with 'fixing' software and PCs that's not entirely unfounded)

Edit: You know what, fuck it. Here's to killing my PC and letting God sort it out, and to random data loss, and to crashing, and to faulty devices, and to general Windows fuckmuppetry! Happy New Year!

Iriah on

• Options
    EverywhereasignEverywhereasign Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    When you stick in the windows install disk it'll give you the option of formatting the HD before installing. This is the best time to do it.

As long as you've got all your data backed up you should be fine.

Everywhereasign on
    "What are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Batman!"