As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moment of the Week 12/28/07

smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Graphic Violence
So I didn't see a thread up and I just picked up my comics on lunch and had to talk about them :)

So U:SM was pretty good. I loved Peter calling Osborn all the different kinds of "crazy" but my MotW has to go to Thor:
Doom + Loki = oh hell ya

smokmnky on

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Doom + Loki = Dookie?

DMAC on
  • Options
    CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    smokmnky wrote: »
    but my MotW has to go to Thor:
    Doom + Loki = oh hell ya
    With Namor now hanging out in Latveria (Sub-Mariner #6 fools), and Loki buddying up with Doom, he is forming quite an badass posse. Hopefully there will be a return to form for the Doctor

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ultimate Power, guys. Some stuff in Ultimates 3 is starting to make sense, and I think seeds are being planted regarding Wanda's power. Also, Zarda in the Ultimate universe. D:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So far I think i'd say Captain America

or the ending to Brave and The Bold

if I could tell what the fuck was going on, I'd say the ending to Batman, but I'm going to go re read some issues first

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    GL / SC Secret Files and Origins is the best Secret Files book I can remember reading. It's a fucking tome of green. There's really nothing you can't find on the internet, but it's a great start for anyone looking to get into the greener side of the DCU.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Ultimate Power, guys. Some stuff in Ultimates 3 is starting to make sense, and I think seeds are being planted regarding Wanda's power. Also, Zarda in the Ultimate universe. D:

So explain it then :)

smokmnky on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This was a quality week. Captain America, which always has great moments. Then the Hulk vs Fin Fang Foom one-shot, which was kind of sparse on actual new page count but was great while it lasted, the Jarvis story in Giant-Sized Avengers, Taskmaster being Taskmaster in The Initiative...

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2007
    I've only read Countdown so far, but I must say that was unexpected

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    KyleWPetersonKyleWPeterson Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Green Lantern
    The Lost Lanterns killing Amon Sur in cold blood.
    Kyle

KyleWPeterson on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »

if I could tell what the fuck was going on, I'd say the ending to Batman, but I'm going to go re read some issues first
    i think it was bat-mite?

I have no fucking clue what happened. Tony Daniel draws a creepy Bat-Mite

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Sars_Boy wrote: »

i think it was bat-mite?

I have no fucking clue what happened. Tony Daniel draws a creepy Bat-Mite

Yeah, that was him.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    yea it was definitely Bat-Mite, they had that is solicits I think

I'm talking about the rest of the issue

new MoTW is the back up in Atom Eve

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    i don't know what exactly bat-mite was doing, though

i don't understand the issue at all

guess i'll have to reread the whole storyline when it's done because god dammit grant morrison

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    yeah pretty much

the long ass break in between issues didn't help much either.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    All will be revealed in the coming months.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    the end of Ultimate Spider-Man was really sad

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    GL / SC Secret Files and Origins is the best Secret Files book I can remember reading. It's a fucking tome of green. There's really nothing you can't find on the internet, but it's a great start for anyone looking to get into the greener side of the DCU.

Yeah, I don't know if it qualifies as a moment of the week, but I like that they took the time to include so many different GLC/SC members and used (mostly) new artwork throughout. It's the kind of book I used to obsess over when I was first getting into comics.

DMAC on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The end of this weeks Batman.
    Bad ass Bat-mite

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Ultimate Crimson Dynamo is great

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »

Yeah, this was a good issue. Especially after reading Ultimate Power and finding out what's up with Fury/Danvers.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Sharp101 wrote: »

Yeah, this was a good issue. Especially after reading Ultimate Power and finding out what's up with Fury/Danvers.

I'm actually pretty annoyed with that. There was nothing technically wrong with it, but
    it's either a huge let down or a setup for a cop out.

This simply is incredibly anti-climactic if we're to take it as the end of the Goblin/Harry/Norman saga. The characters have had some much time and effort put into them, and are so fantastic and intrinsic to Spider-man, that I really can't believe this one issue is enough of an ending.

So we have to assume that this isn't the last we've seen of these characters, so this is just one of those faux deaths while we wait a year or two for the goblin healing factor or whatever hand waving crap they use.
    It was a good issue, it just felt like it was pointless. We'll be back here again, so why try and make it emotional.

werehippy on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Damnit, somebody put Brubaker on the main Iron Man book right the hell now.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    End of Daredevil was pretty awesome, as was this week's Countdown (yay Ray Palmer, finally).

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Htown wrote: »
    Damnit, somebody put Brubaker on the main Iron Man book right the hell now.

that would be awesome but Brubaker is on almost as many books as Bendis is at this point I think.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Indeed.

Captain America, Daredevil, Immortal Iron Fist, Criminal, Uncanny X-Men and whatever he's doing and comes out of Messiah CompleX (The Feb. solicit for Uncanny sounds swell: a Scott and Emma story. Yay!)

His Iron Man work in Captain America right now is more than adequate for me (one gripe I had aside).

I loved the Iron Man Annual, though, and I've read good things about the current run. So I like to think that his own book doesn't need Brubaker yet.

Besides, if it means scaling back on Criminal, Cap or Iron Fist, I will hunt down whoever's responsible and flay them alive.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    has the current Iron Man run gotten better, because I read thier first arc and didnt think much of it then read a few issues when it changed to director of shield and still didn't like it

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2007
    It's been at its best when Gage has filled in, honestly.

I didn't mind the first arc the new team did, but the art took a sharp turn down hill when it transitioned to Director of SHIELD

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Gage is great, if he became the regular writer I would pick it up again

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Can someone explain the very end of Teen Titans to me

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    After all their fighting, the Titans still couldn't create that 'perfect future' they wanted.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    RhakaRhaka Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Marvel Zombies 2
    mzombies23dcp0015eu9.jpg

Rhaka on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Holy Jesus.

devoir on
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Yea... that confused me too. The whole scene in the Batcave right? Still don't really know whats going on with that one.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    yeah exactly

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So did anything actually ever happen in Ultimate Power....Greg Land's art makes me sad because I remember how good he used to be on Nightwing. Also has any other Ultimate book ever acknowledged the fact that Nick Fury only has one arm now?

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    after Ultimate Power, Nick Fury is no longer head of Ultimate Shield, and Zarda from the Supreme Power universe is now in the Ultimate Universe.

Also Nick Fury was a total dick and completley out of character.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    It seems like most everybody related to the Ultimates are complete dicks. Ohh and am I the only taking crazy pills and remembering the fact that Janet Pym in the Ultimate Universe was frickin' ASIAN until Joe Mad and a couple of other artists started drawing her looking like the 616 Janet?

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Gage is great, if he became the regular writer I would pick it up again

I've really enjoyed the Director of Shield stuff. The annual was really good but the general story has been enjoyable as well. The thing I like about it is nobody is all up in Starks face yelling at him. Also he isn't acting like a couple dick all the time.

Basically:
    The Mandarin is back and cause all kinds of grief for Tony.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Can someone explain the appeal of Alex Ross to me? His art just looks static and boring maybe I'm just weird. Also why is he the only artist that fails to acknowledge the fact that Batman's costume includes a Nomex-Kevlar triple weave and is heat-insulated, his mask has eyelets that can change between night-vision, thermal, and computer scan, and you can't see his frickin' furrowed brow through his cowl!! That just bugs the heck out of me....heh mini-rant.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Can someone explain the appeal of Alex Ross to me? His art just looks static and boring maybe I'm just weird. Also why is he the only artist that fails to acknowledge the fact that Batman's costume includes a Nomex-Kevlar triple weave and is heat-insulated, his mask has eyelets that can change between night-vision, thermal, and computer scan, and you can't see his frickin' furrowed brow through his cowl!! That just bugs the heck out of me....heh mini-rant.

Alex Ross lives in a special time-bubble of his own invention. He lives in a perpetual 1976 and he likes it that way. He likes it that way so much that he thinks you should like it that way too. And he'll keep skull fucking you with his stupid bullshit until you agree with him.

Rans on