Options

Galactic Civ 2, why am I so poor?

2»

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I've played and enjoyed ASCII games. (Dorf Fort, I'm looking at YOU.) Let it look like a cheap Flash game. If it's anywhere near as deep as GalCiv or the original MoM it'll be game of the year material.

Edit: I am, however, moderately worried whoever owns the MoM IP (Atari?) will sue them right before release just to screw them over. IIRC they're doing an original IP because Atari wanted $TEXAS for the rights to MoM's IP?

KiTA on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    KiTA wrote: »
    I've played and enjoyed ASCII games. (Dorf Fort, I'm looking at YOU.) Let it look like a cheap Flash game. If it's anywhere near as deep as GalCiv or the original MoM it'll be game of the year material.

Edit: I am, however, moderately worried whoever owns the MoM IP (Atari?) will sue them right before release just to screw them over. IIRC they're doing an original IP because Atari wanted $TEXAS for the rights to MoM's IP?

I don't see a reason to worry about Stardock being sued. It's an original IP, after all. And dammit, I like the way it looks. It's got style. I'll tell you what makes me even more excited, though, is how mod-friendly the game is suppose to be. I imagine it'll also be DRM free, too, as it is a Stardock game. I love them so much. I'm going to buy it off Impulse because they let you download the game immediately AND send you a physical copy for only a few bucks more. I wish Steam did that.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ways to make money: Economic structures. Build a few planets with nothing but banks and a farm+Entertainment complex.

TRADE

TRADE TRADE TRADE. Trade routes can give you like 50 money in a turn on average. They're not consistent income at any one level, but if you've got like, 6 of them you're goddamn rolling in money.

Trade. trade trade trade. I often have civs with 100% of funding to research and 25 money taxes, made possible with banking planets and trade.

Khavall on
  • Options
    IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I just had an empire in a large map earning five trillion credits in revenue per week, on 39% taxes. Building economy worlds, researching happiness things and building happiness wonders/trade goods let me be a federation and my economy ballooned.

Iriah on
  • Options
    OcculusOcculus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I just read through the thread thus far, and I can't believe nobody mentioned this.

Often, when you start, you'll have several planets close together that you can colonize. Build colonies on the planets that are close together, and then build an economic starbase very early in the game whose range encompasses three or more planets.

Upgrade the shit out of the economic starbase first, perhaps upgrading the planets in its range concurrently. I rake in dough doing this.

You'll want to upgrade the planets with economic buildings, but it's usually best to do this in your main system, very early in the game. This method lets you buy lots of things early on.

Occulus on
    camo_sig2.png