As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game Over] Fullmetal Phalla!! Greed & Chimera Victory

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    El Skid wrote: »
    [rant]

As a vanillager this phalla, I'd like to agree with the annoyance of a vote veto when voting is the only ability you have.

[/rant]

Signed, because the vote is the villagers only actual ability, and to have it not work it kinda :|

Gumpy on
  • telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Big ups to Qorzm though for playing a really convincing villager.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    GREED IS GOOD!

Casual Eddy on
  • QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I just read through Squashua's boards, and I'm really sorry I killed you Squashua. I was hardly paying attention to Buffy cuz I was a villager and it was 2 threads. And also Savant told me to kill you.

But if you had lived, you would have been the thing that brings me down, so I am grateful in that aspect.

Is that why you tried to bandwagon me in Gremlins?

Qorzm on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I think that's part of the reason I enjoy being a villager, there's more satisfaction in winning then if you're a bad guy depending on the game.

We finally got to work together jdarksun, a rare moment. Next game I suppose we have to try to kill each other. Let us hope we aren't both vigilantes for the same team heh.

Ardor on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »
    We set a trap, and Shamus fell into it.

Pity Shamus wasn't actually evil.

Then it wasn't actually a trap, huh?

Plus, I'm always evil/neutral, despite what my role PM might say otherwise.

Edit: Also, agreed with the issue on the veto. The game was a blast, but realizing how useless the village was when one of the bad guys held a veto power makes it feel less fun then it was, in retrospect. Ignorance is bliss.

I feel the veto power works best in an elected role. So the chance a bad guy can occupy that role is there, but it's not certain and thus the village has a chance.

Shamus on
    edited January 2008
    Shamus wrote: »
    Gumpy wrote: »
    We set a trap, and Shamus fell into it.

Pity Shamus wasn't actually evil.

Then it wasn't actually a trap, huh?

Plus, I'm always evil/neutral, despite what my role PM might say otherwise.

We were looking for the person who was pushing for details on the deal I was proposing, since we hadn't actually said anything to Lynx, and we knew that they were down to Barry and Pride (A desperate situation, or so we thought) you were the only one who was asking questions :|

Gumpy on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Qorzm wrote: »
    I just read through Squashua's boards, and I'm really sorry I killed you Squashua. I was hardly paying attention to Buffy cuz I was a villager and it was 2 threads. And also Savant told me to kill you.

But if you had lived, you would have been the thing that brings me down, so I am grateful in that aspect.

Is that why you tried to bandwagon me in Gremlins?

And a few vigilante attacks, yeah. But now I know where to really point the daggers.

You played a good game. Very under the radar.

Squashua on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Aww...we lost. Damn you, Greed!

I wish I had powers.

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    I knew there was something wrong about Qorzm

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    If I had gotten out my plan of staying more discreet before we tried to infiltrate the network we probably would have done better.

Then again we probably would have done better if all the people Envy turned into didn't die the next day.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Good game everyone.

Thanks goes to Saburbia and MrBlarney (and squashua, I guess) for organizing and running this phalla.

durax on
  • WhodWhod Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Thanks again Sabs, fun game! Sorry I was a bit inactive in the beginning!

RE: grudge killing me for living so long - you can't really blame me. I'm new and people tend to forget about me, so I end up living for awhile as long as I don't try shaking things up day 1 (newbie phalla).

The only contribution I can lay claim to is pwning Fluffy, I gave reasons and everything~

Whod on
    Co-lead, Hello Kitty Pretty Princess Guild
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    durax wrote: »
    Good game everyone.

Thanks goes to Saburbia and MrBlarney (and squashua, I guess) for organizing and running this phalla.

Don't thank me. I just let Sabs use my proboard.

Squashua on
  • zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Lust here.

I'm still sitting here thinking "How the fuck did I die so fast"

That bandwagon had absolutely no base on it *that I saw* and everyone voted on it. Was there something in the network, or does god just hate me?

zanmatto on
  • WhodWhod Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh man, Qorzm, you better watch your back.. I just finished reading Shuasha's proboard and he has some serious hate for you!

Whod on
    Co-lead, Hello Kitty Pretty Princess Guild
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Nah, I can't kill you.

Qorzm, Whod, Savant, and Casual Eddy better watch out though.

Hey now, we weren't going to kill you.

I'd best watch my back from all the other evils I hunted down though. Sorry Squash, wasn't paying attention to Buffy phalla at all.

Savant on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Don't worry about me, I was knew that I was dying either night 4 or 5, somehow.

Seriously on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Zot wrote: »
    I knew there was something wrong about Qqorzm

Yeah, he was a little TOO under the radar than usual. Plus with his forced network head/fuhrer shenanigans, Frosteey had the right idea but not the "network backing" to support his claims.

You tried, Frosteey, but you were too late of an addition at that point. :|

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Can't believe you guys killed me on the first night just for pretending to be a special that I wasn't. :P

Inquisitor on
    edited January 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Can't believe you guys killed me on the first night just for pretending to be a special that I wasn't. :P

Both tuckers pretended to be specials?

Tucker5

Gumpy on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Good game, did anyone justify killing me day 1 or was it another rng crap

M.D. on
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Fun game, thanks for running it, all of that and so forth. Fantastic! But there is something more important to say. *Ahem* Fuck you all! That is all. I didn't actually kill him anyway, I basically attacked a dead guy. And being guilty and trying to apologize isn't ... forget it.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Indeed, a very fine game, thanks for running it Sab. I must apologize for my waves of inactivity. The bit at the end was pretty bad. School started for me on the 11th, I've been pretty busy with getting everything ready for the new semester, so I screwed up there. Sorry guys!

Corp.Shephard on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I was impressed with the greed leadership, usually phalla mechanics are sort of over my head.

Casual Eddy on
    edited January 2008

That was partially my fault, I think. A couple of us thought you were acting like a special, and I thought that even if you weren't we didn't want you leading the village in the end game like you did in Disgaea.

Seriously on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Oh no, I saw that.

Do you really think that I will believe what a neutral faction claims?

Oh, that Ardor. :lol:

I was thinking about doing the Alphonse reveal myself, with Pretentious trying to make me look suspicious and trying to screw over the village. I got pulled away by other obligations, so sorry guys. :|

Zerinan killing my brother got me REALLY down though. :cry:
    Hey, you were trying to kill me when all I did was try to save Winry. Of course I'd call you suspicious.
    Trying to save a little girl...

By killing a littler girl instead of a homunculi.

You're truly a saint, Dethkok.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited January 2008
    Zanmatto, I don't know anything about your bandwagon, I just didn't know anything about you so I voted you that night.

Ardor on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Hm back from Toronto. I bet I have a lot to read through /:

Oh and I have to ask, was it coincidence that the person I shape shifted into each night ended up being killed the night I turned into them? The village either had ungodly luck that prevented me from utilizing the ability fully or did I miss something?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2008
    I learned a very valuable lesson this game.

Here you go

http://fullmeddle.proboards107.com/index.cgi

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Seriously wrote: »

That was partially my fault, I think. A couple of us thought you were acting like a special, and I thought that even if you weren't we didn't want you leading the village in the end game like you did in Disgaea.

:(

M.D. on
    edited January 2008
    I think you did well Dasuberedward. I always advocate some risk taking and you did what you could with your role, so I think that was a good way to go.

Ardor on
    edited January 2008
    Ardor wrote: »
    I think you did well Dasuberedward. I always advocate some risk taking and you did what you could with your role, so I think that was a good way to go.

It's so odd. We chose three characters for me to shape shift into and they all died the night I shape shifted into them. It was odd but I figured it would be better to procure an advantage with my ability than simply use it to blend in.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Also much thanks to Ardor for not revealing Eddy when he approached you with information about us.

Qorzm on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Oh no, I saw that.

Do you really think that I will believe what a neutral faction claims?

Oh, that Ardor. :lol:

I was thinking about doing the Alphonse reveal myself, with Pretentious trying to make me look suspicious and trying to screw over the village. I got pulled away by other obligations, so sorry guys. :|

Zerinan killing my brother got me REALLY down though. :cry:
    Hey, you were trying to kill me when all I did was try to save Winry. Of course I'd call you suspicious.
    Trying to save a little girl...

By killing a littler girl instead of a homunculi.

You're truly a saint, Dethkok.
    Because of course I knew they were a homunculi, because the evidence was so convincing, mirite?
    You of all people should I know that I'm not the type of person to make last minute saves.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I love how I nearly survived day 4.

Kill TS!

No, kill DA!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited January 2008
    fluffy wrote:
    Also, fuck Jdarksun. Fuck that guy so bad. He'll probably be guarded tonight, though.
    :( ?

:lol:

You helped keep us out of the good guy network.

So then the deaths of the people I shape shifted into were totally coincidental?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    fluffy wrote:
    Also, fuck Jdarksun. Fuck that guy so bad. He'll probably be guarded tonight, though.
    :( ?

:lol:

You helped keep us out of the good guy network.

So then the deaths of the people I shape shifted into were totally coincidental?

We didn't know much about what was going on with your shapeshifting other than what was talked about in the main thread.

Savant on
    edited January 2008
    Ardor wrote: »
    Well, thanks to those who contacted me and I hope this helps the good guys beat the bad guys because in the end, the more information available to the public can only increase their chances of winning. I'm just sorry more people wouldn't just tell me they were innocent without anything else attached. All I asked for was your side, which I would've known as a bad guy anyways.

So here's where we stand.

In the end, it is up to you, but I'd claim the following people to be innocent with maybe a 90% confidence. They voted for Rainfall at the end to kill a bad guy. Unless they are all bad guys, I'm assuming they are all good.

Damnedlibrarian
    DasuberEdward
    Egos
    Grundlterror
    jdarksun
    Rend

These people contacted me and claimed to be villager on the innocent side. Since the number contacting me was small, at best I would guess one is bad at most. I think you statistically have a better chance shooting at people who aren't on either of these lists to find bad guys.

DevoutlyApathetic
    visiblehowl
    MrBlarney
    iamtheaznman

It's not much, but it's a start. I'd probably consider 9/10 of these people innocent, so I think you should look elsewhere for bad guys.

Good luck village.

Hey on a plus side for potential future use, this was actually within a 90% confidence!

This is always a tough idea to use and I tried it once during a game a while ago with decent success.

Ardor on
    edited January 2008
    Had you guessed I was evil by the time I contacted you?

Seriously on