Options

Fallout 3 == Oblivion?

1234568»

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    titmouse wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    One last question:
    I only have Dogmeat as a companion right now and he is the best, but I feel like I should have another dude with me by now. Have I missed someone?
    There is a dwarf outside of the shop where you need to go to find the origins of the ring you have. I found him useful. There is the only tech healer companion in the game and an evil tech gnome who uses guns in Dernholm.
    There is also an evil monk and barbarian waiting inside of a bar.

Oh, and don't forget to visit Mercurio for some awesome weapons.
    Damn it, didn't edit it fast enough.
    Don't forget Dak'kon at the Smoldering Corpse.

Now, how to fit the IWD games into this?

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    GUTS wrote: »
    One last question:
    I only have Dogmeat as a companion right now and he is the best, but I feel like I should have another dude with me by now. Have I missed someone?

You can get Ian in Shady Sands. I really don't feel that this is spoiler worthy.

Fucking annoying twat that one, fed up of constantly telling him to use his freaking best weapon in next battle. He had a propensity to dig out the knife at every opportunity.

Easy fix, take the knife away from him.

Hard fix, figuring out how to take items away from NPCs.

Seriously, who the hell came up with the steal command as the way to access a party NPC's inventory?

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Here is why you shouldn't get any companions other than Dogmeat: companions were only added to the game during the final stages of development. Like a lot of the stuff in the game, they didn't really finish them. I mean, you have to pickpocket them in order to give and take stuff from them.

Couscous on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Dogmeat died on me on our first mission out.

Dogmeat doesn't understand the idea of sticking together.

Dogmeat can go to doghell.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    GUTSGUTS Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Kagera wrote: »
    One last question:

You can get Ian in Shady Sands. I really don't feel that this is spoiler worthy.

Fucking annoying twat that one, fed up of constantly telling him to use his freaking best weapon in next battle. He had a propensity to dig out the knife at every opportunity.

Easy fix, take the knife away from him.

Hard fix, figuring out how to take items away from NPCs.

Seriously, who the hell came up with the steal command as the way to access a party NPC's inventory?

I know, something quite gay about a guy turning around and bending over so his companion can remove something from his backpocket.

GUTS on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    themocawthemocaw Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Kagera wrote: »
    Dogmeat died on me on our first mission out.

Dogmeat doesn't understand the idea of sticking together.

Dogmeat can go to doghell.

Your Dogmeat must be defective. Mine tore out the Lieutenant's throat with his bare teeth.

Admittedly, he was hopped up on psycho and buffout at the time so he could survive those fucking goddamn force fields, but still ;)

themocaw on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Are there any mods to Fallout that finish some of the unfinished quests like the iguana-on-a-stick quest? I was disappointed that I couldn't turn the guy in.

Couscous on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The best was that time I played through Fallout II with Dogmeat and K-9.

release the hounds

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    GUTSGUTS Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Are there any mods to Fallout that finish some of the unfinished quests like the iguana-on-a-stick quest? I was disappointed that I couldn't turn the guy in.

I thought that quest was complete, you either blackmail him or threaten to hand him in, which leads to a good old massacre.

GUTS on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2008

I thought that quest was complete, you either blackmail him or threaten to hand him in, which leads to a good old massacre.

Why couldn't I actually turn him in or blackmail him and then turn him in?

Couscous on
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I seem to recall that Darklands invented the in-depth dialogue trees, given that it came out in 1992... but Fallout refined them and did them better.
    I was waiting for someone to mention Darklands <3

Well, in any discussion over who did things first and best, Darklands has to figure. It was doing sandbox RPG when The Elder Scrolls: Arena was still a glimmer in Bethesda's eye.

Of particular note, it's possible that only the upcoming Fallout 3's character creation system matches Darklands. Darklands might still be better, regardless.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    SkexisSkexis Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    themocaw wrote: »
    Here is my moment of Zen with Daggerfall.

I remember breaking into a merchant's shop at like 6am, and watching as the guards came after me. When I exited the shop, the guards had disappeared, and I had gained Revered status with everyone in town.

But it was fun just wandering around and seeing dungeons out in the middle of nowhere.

On another note, how many fans do we have of Wastelands? I've heard good things, but never tried playing through it myself.

Skexis on
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Skexis wrote: »
    On another note, how many fans do we have of Wastelands? I've heard good things, but never tried playing through it myself.

I played the hell out of that game when it came out. Did you ever play any of the Bards Tale games? Very very similar to those. Ah the memories of getting in power armour then trying to beat up the scorpitron in Vegas. Heading straight for Red Hawk's camp to pick up assault rifles then exploding Harry, the bunny master, into a fine red mist.

Great game, though I've no idea how well it's stood the test of time.

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Skexis wrote: »
    themocaw wrote: »
    Here is my moment of Zen with Daggerfall.

I remember breaking into a merchant's shop at like 6am, and watching as the guards came after me. When I exited the shop, the guards had disappeared, and I had gained Revered status with everyone in town.

But it was fun just wandering around and seeing dungeons out in the middle of nowhere.

Wstelands is good, aslong as youcan get over the fact that it's very old and a bit clunky.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Every time I get pretty far in fallout 2, i go straight for a merchant in the den with an annoying accent. This was even more satisfying with a female HtH character getting a critical on the groin and using kicks on his eyeballs while Sulik block the baseheads in the doorway.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    WykedWyked Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I seem to recall that Darklands invented the in-depth dialogue trees, given that it came out in 1992... but Fallout refined them and did them better.

where is my darklands sequel! (leave the bugs in, i love getting max stam by saving and reloading)

Wyked on
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Wyked wrote: »

where is my darklands sequel! (leave the bugs in, i love getting max stam by saving and reloading)

Sadly never to be. The universe holds many compelling might-have-beens, but one cannot let oneself be drawn into the web of should'ves and could'ves lest one forget the present and the future.

I'm just rambling at this point. Where's my energy drink?

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    themocawthemocaw Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Why couldn't I actually turn him in or blackmail him and then turn him in?
    If you try to turn him in, as I recall, the sick bastard goes nuts and tries to kill you because he'd rather die than go to jail.

If you blackmail him, the game assumes that you've decided to condone his activities. Since he's not gonna go down quietly anyway, you can always just force-attack him and murder the sick SOB.

themocaw on