Options

The (Un)Official Currently Playing Thread

2»

• Options
    SharpieSharpie Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oy what am I not playing. >.<

PC- Aquaria (Fun but hard. I am not good at platformers. I got it because it is so pretty!)
    Bookworm Adventures Deluxe (I really enjoy this one)

DS- Phantom Hourglass (Almost done though. I'm in the pyramid dungeon which I think is the last one. This is the farthest I have ever gotten in a Zelda game before! :D)
    Taiko No Tatsujin (My FAVORITE game)
    Ontamarama (Kinda tricky, but fun once you get the hang of it)
    Drawn to Life (I really like the drawing bits, but I don't like platforming. Plus the controls are not as responsive as they could be)

GBA- The Legend of Spyro, The Eternal Night (Fun but I like a game with a better story)
    Final Fantasy IV (Acid dungeon SUCKS)
    Final Fantasy VI (Ultima Weapon is mean)

GBC- The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages (Playing PH inspired me to pick this back up. I'm currently frustrated by the second dungeon. ;_; )

And I will soon be playing Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga on my DS as well, as soon as it gets here. :)

Also I REALLY REALLY want to play Portal, but my laptop (which is pretty decent as far as graphics hardware goes) can't even run the HL2 demo properly so I'm worried it would be a waste of money. :(

Sharpie on
    pasig.jpgPW2.jpg
  • Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    360:

Halo3

PS3:

Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction
    Warhawk

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Super Mario Galaxy on Wii and Shadow of the Colossus on PS3.

Between heavy work hours, a few house parties, and a trip to dublin, I have to finish SOTC, or I will have to start again when I got back to uni...

LewieP on
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    (PS1) Revelations: Persona
    (Wii) Mario Galaxy
    (DS) Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

Next Up:
    (PS1) Persona 2

That should keep me until Smash

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Currently playing

Wii:
    RE4Wii
    Blades of Steel(VC)
    Pokemon Snap(VC)

PSP:
    Syphon filter: Logan's Shadow

That's honestly it for today. Although I have a new 360 coming(courtesy of Boxing day) with Halo 3, Two Worlds, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Forza 2.

I also want to get Zelda Phantom Hourglass for DS, Trauma Center: New Blood.....ah hell, I have too many games on the "I want to get" list, espeically with a 360 on the way. It's gonna take me till 2009 to catch up on the 2007 games I still need to play.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Crysis on Delta difficulty, holy fuck

The Witcher

OverLord

Morrowind

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    PugnatePugnate Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Chalkbot wrote: »
    Ehhh, I don't really fit in with most of you guys' choices:

PC
    Pool of Radiance II
    Bought this several years back and threw it on the back burner for a slow game season. While most of us don't consider now to be that time, I'm having trouble finding new games that I enjoy! So I put this in and immediately became aware of why it was on the "back burner" The game is SO SLOW, walking around, fighting, heaven forbid you die and have to load a saved game and do something over, that's probably where most people quit playing. A trip back to town to sell un-needed gear is an epic adventure in boredom. Luckily, in my stubborness I went searching on the internet for a solution to the problem and found a neat user-made patch that makes everything go faster. Now I am having an absolute blast, this game rocks! It's a turn-based D&D dungeon RPG for those who don't know.

Magic the Gathering Online
    Sadly, has probably been on my "now playing" list longer than any PC game in history. I'm fairly certain it has consumed more of my time than Fallout (1 or 2) Heroes of Might and Magic (2, 3 or 5) and Diablo II did in their heydays, and I spent plenty of time on those games.

Hellgate: London
    I still hold hope that this game will transform into something cool, so I put some time into it every now and then.

Wii
    The Simpsons game
    Got this for Christmas, and I'm unsure about whether I like it. Platformers are not my forte, and I'll generally miss a jump and have to keep redoing a sequence of jumps over an over again until I get it right. That, or the level features a timer which inevitably runs out while I'm trying to figure out what to do and I have to keep starting the level over and over again. I'm sure some people think this is a blast, but I get frustrated and have trouble enjoying myself when a game is causing me stress.

PSP
    Lumines II
    While Lumines isn't typically a game I would seek out, it was (for me) the most enjoyable of the launch titles of the PSP, so I played a lot of it back then. After a coworker started playing, it became a competition and we both spent a couple hours a day rearranging colored blocks as fast as possible. Time attack mode is where most of our fun was had, specifically 60 second mode. I promise you that puzzle games are a lot more fun when you know they will only last 60 seconds, haha. Anyways, I still hold the record with 118 blocks. Recently I picked up Lumines II and I think it's all about to repeat itself. My skills seem to have diminished in my time away from the genre. After 3 days of playing I still cannot beat my high score of 89 blocks in 60 seconds. I used to routinely hit 95-101, now I'm lucky to break 75 occasionally... phew.

Pool of Radiance II? The game with a bug that would format your hard drive when being uninstalled? :P

As for HG:L, I have it, and too hope that it will eventually get better. My problem is with something that can't improve, i.e. the environment.

You know how in Diablo 2, from act to act, you had a total change in settings? I think this game needs that.

Also a lot of you seem to be playing Crysis. I really hope those are legally purchased copies, because its sales seemed to be in trouble.

Pugnate on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx -- Echo
    Signature1.jpg
  • Options
    JimmyNavioJimmyNavio Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    1. Orange Box (PC) - Working on achievements and glued to TF2
    2. GHIII (Wii) - Working on HARD
    3. Geometry Wars (PC) - Because I don't have an XBOX 360
    4. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) - Probably should be number 1 at the moment
    5. Super Paper Mario (Wii) - Have to be in the right mood for this one
    6. Company of Heroes (PC) - Still haven't played all the way through it, too many games!
    7. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1) - Play through this game probably about once a month

Games I am playing with my father:
    1. Guild Wars (PC)
    2. Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
    3. Zelda: A Link to the Past (Wii VC) - For nostalgia's sake

And games I am playing with my wife:
    1. Wii Sports (Wii)
    2. Mario Party 8 (Wii)
    3. Singstar (PS2)

JimmyNavio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Guitar Hero 2 - sixteen songs to 5* on expert before it's all 5 stars, not counting bonus songs.

Lost Levels - someone save me from this. Stuck in world 4 right now.

Trauma Center: New Blood - co-op with a friend.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    PC
    Crysis
    Hellgate London
    Fallout 2
    STALKER

Xbox 360
    Mass Effect
    Eternal Sonata
    Forza 2

PS3
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma
    Unchartered

...oh shit I forgot to pick it up from repairs.

DS
    Ouendan 2
    Sonic Rush Adventure
    Zelda - Phantom Hourglass (so very stuck, but I'm not gonna use a walkthrough)

PSP
    Monster Hunter Freedom 2
    Loco Roco

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Half-Life 2. I rented the Orange Box for the 360 just to play Portal. Fucking great game. Afterwards I fired up HL2 just to see what the fuck was up. Oh man, it is simply awesome. It kind of took me by surprise, since I don't even really like FPS games.

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    PugnatePugnate Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    What sort of games do you usually play MiserableMirth?

Pugnate on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx -- Echo
    Signature1.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I should be playing any of the many games I got for christmas but I think I'm on overload because I haven't started any. tomorrow I might do Ghost Squad and really start RE4.

tonight I played fft"twotl just up to the first save... too tired for more.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Currently working my way through Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis for my Let's Play, when I've got the time free for it. While playing doesn't take all that long, chopping the screen shots and uploading them tends to take the most time, especially when you're talking 100-200+ screen shots.

All I can say is thank god I don't own a 360 right now, theres just too many games out right now that are fantastic.

On other consoles:

PSP:
    Final Fantasy Tactics.

I don't really take my PSP out of the house, so its more a "when there's some time, play it" which doesn't happen very often. My punch ninjas are currently around 25ish. Lack of a quick save function sort of hurts it.

PS2:
    Digital Devil Saga.

Almost finished with this one now, I'd say another 10-15ish hours and I'll be done, characters are fairly over leveled for where I'm up to so it shouldn't be too bad. I'd have it finished by now if it wasn't for.....

Final Fantasy XII.

Really enjoying this, I picked it back up after leaving it at Salikawood for a couple of months. Up till there I was knocking over every Hunt and side quest, but theres just so much to do between the story pieces that I was losing track of what was going on in the story. I've done the leveling thing in the Still Shrine and now I'll just work my way through to finish up the game. Its nice to have something outside of "save the world from a lunatic trying to blow it up" story they usually have and I'm enjoying it again.

DS:
    Custom Robo Arena.

Not really all that far in this, but keeping up so I can keep playing matches against my mates now they have it. Just got Soul Boost.

Wii:
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

I loves me some Fire Emblem, up to early in Part 4. Was making progress till Call of Duty 4 multiplayer and....

Super Mario Galaxy.

I have been enjoying this so much. I have a stupid grin plastered all over my face every time I turn it on to play it. But that could be explained by not being up to the purple coin challenges yet.

Victorious Boxers Revolution.

I don't have the room to play this right now, so I'm only a few fights in. The control scheme to a bit of getting used to but really digging it now.

Battalion Wars 2.

Only up to the Sunset Islands campaign right now. I was playing this, got caught up in the multiplayer, then Fire Emblem got here and I got stuck into that.

Kelor on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Half-Life 2. I rented the Orange Box for the 360 just to play Portal. Fucking great game. Afterwards I fired up HL2 just to see what the fuck was up. Oh man, it is simply awesome. It kind of took me by surprise, since I don't even really like FPS games.

Anyone who has this reaction to the contents of the Orange Box gets a mighty HI5.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    CowbombCowbomb Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I picked up a PS2 on Saturday, so I'm playing through the God of War games for the first time.

Oh my.

Cowbomb on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The 360 sure is getting a lot of use right now from me. Since the games are so expensive for my pitiful work study salary, I couldn't afford much, but thank god Christmas came around because it helped in that department.

Xbox 360:

I've just finished Bioshock and Portal. Bioshock was a major achievement in art style, I love the Batman animated series so the art deco style really drew me in. Also, the bosses were generally creepy and the narrative was probably one of the best I've heard from a video game. Then I played some of the Orange Box and thought Portal was great for what it was, I hope we eventually get extra maps through marketplace, that would be sweet. :)

Anyway, I've currently delved into Mass Effect. I'm only a few hours in and I find this to be awesome, I've never played anything from Bioware before, and I'm definitely gonna hunt down KOTOR after I finish this. I love the fact that I can pick pretty much everything I say, it gives me a new sense of immersion that I haven't experienced before. Story seems really huge, I can't wait to explore some more.

Wii:

I currently have NiGHTS 2 in there, haven't finished Mario Galaxy as Luigi yet but I want to take my time with that. I think the NiGHTS parts of the game are great, and they remind me of the original, but the story parts get kind of annoying, and so does the voice acting. I just wish I was doing more NiGHTS levels and less saving Nightopians or talking to owls ("A Visitor" is starting to get on my nerves.)

DS:

While I wait for Zelda to come from Amazon, I'm playing through Phoenix Wright 3. I loved the first two games, so of course I had to get this one. Just finished the Ron/Luke Atmey case and I think this is just as awesome as the first two so far. That case seemed really long but maybe it's just my imagination, I had a little trouble near the end because I wasted time whittling my health bar away on Andrews's Psyche Lock.

And Godot is the best new character so far. Anyone who can drink 17 cups of coffee and not have to piss himself is a man made of pure win. :lol:

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I've spent the last 2 weeks away from home so I've been without my PC or PS2. I've used this time to finally finish up Phoenix Wright: Justice for All and am currently finishing up Hotel Dusk (and am really enjoying this one). I've also used the time to hijack my brother's Xbox 360 while staying at my parents' place for a week and just yesterday finished up Mass Effect (some epic marathon gaming there).

When I get back home, I'll go back to Persona 3 (nearly at the end of the game now, I had put it aside for a while so it's taken me a while to get this far), DDS2 (put it aside while in the last dungeon as well, I think I may have a problem). I just got FF XII as a Christmas present, so that gives me something new to do. (well, aside from the other rpgs I've got for the PS2 that I haven't even started on yet... too many games, argh).

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    AlienMastermindAlienMastermind Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm so old and dusty...I've played recently:

Assassin's Creed for 360 - completed with all but the Achievements for the Hidden Packag--I mean Flags. Even the one for shoving beggars!

I'm playing Guitar Hero II - got all 5 stars on Easy Mode. Now sludging through Medium, which is a misnomer. Medium = Not Easy In the Least. Hard = What, are you kidding me? Expert = Something Steve-O would do to his genitals for money.

I'm also playing through Mass Effect.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance as well..(I'm on a budget)

Man, what else? Trying to get all the Achievements on Dead Rising and Ghost Recon AW 1.

That's pretty much it. Oh, I beat Halo 3 recently...and what a regular ending that was. Whee! I liked Assassin's Creed better.

AlienMastermind on
  • Options
    troyn123troyn123 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    A fairly odd mix of two games...

360: Assassins Creed. It's like crack to me, or maybe heroin. I want to see if I can grind up the game DVD and inject it directly into my veins.

PC: Replaying Portals. Again. Also replaying the original "Starflight", such a good game! :D

troyn123 on