As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SUPERPHALLA] Sunnydale - Day 8(Game Over: Both cities GOOD wins)

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    rane are you sure you're not a thrall?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Don't be silly, Mr. E

He's a thrall

Burnage on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I swear to god you evil fucks are trying to off me AGAIN

damnit embark stop trying to kill me every game

Raneados on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Woah Rane, I wasn't accusing you. Just asking.

But you don't have to be a thrall to be evil right Rane.

Or should I say to destroy good guys from inside their network.

M.D. on
  • TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, you are you can say your good now, but in another round you'll volunteer to be a dirty little convert.

Fucking, no conversion mechanics my ass.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Let me just support the "Do not fucking contact Squashua for at least another day" movement

Because that is retarded

The bad guys could easily throw away a guy to grab the names of all the gullible specials, and we'd be none the wiser for a good long while. Unless he calls a kill by a named good guy, do not contact him.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
    edited January 2008
    Speaking of the "Don't talk to Squashua movement"...
    Squashua wrote: »
    Locus wrote: »
    You better not be lying about this mason thing!

For once, I'm not, but the amount of coordinated "diss" it's receiving in the other thread makes me narrow my eyes.

Looks like our suspicions are making us look suspicious! Or something. I'm just hoping the bad guys don't have a cross-city kill they decide to sling our way.

Burnage on
  • Darkblade_1Darkblade_1 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    So hows the vote count looking today? Am I still taking the pipe by a mile?

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    You're drawn to my eccentric Brawl Code: 4596 9143 4529
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I may have missed something in the OP making me look retarded, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm wondering if maybe there are 2 unconnected bad guy groups, one in each city or both dispersed between the two.

If we die without anyone being able to go to a different city, this might very well be the case and we might be able to assume that we only have to eliminate the evils on our side to have a good guy victory in Sunnydale for example. We won't know if vigilantes or bad guys can choose either city to kill in.

Otherwise, Squashua knows full well it's difficult to trust someone on day 1 like this so he should know his chances of dying tonight are high. On the plus side, by voting him out, we know we aren't killing a guardian or seer or someone, even though it also means we have no chance of killing a bad guy (provided he isn't lying).

I would recommend that a guardian protect Squashua while he eats the vote as Mr. Embark said because if kills go before the vote, killing Squashua means someone else will die by the vote instead. If/when he names another mason to talk to tomorrow, we should guard and seer the person before contacting them.

Little risk to the seers/guardians if they exist at least. So that's something perhaps. That's the most conservative route.

Ardor on
    edited January 2008
    Ardor, I believe Neville said kills will be able to be directed at either city. I could be wrong mistaken, but I thought he posted it somewhere.

And it would probably make sense for each city to have it's own bad guy and good guy groups accordingly. But with characters appearing in both shows some people may be able to move threads or move people to other threads or something.

M.D. on
    edited January 2008
    And further the win condition says "Eliminate all the bad guys in your city" so I dont think we need to kill LA's Big Bad's and LA doesnt have to kill ours..

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    edited January 2008
    Oh I think Neville said baddies from both cities have to be eliminated for a good guy win and vice versa.

M.D. on
    edited January 2008
    So hows the vote count looking today? Am I still taking the pipe by a mile?

Darkblade - 8
    Zot - 3
    Green - 2
    Mushroom Pie - 1
    Raneados - 1
    Ultarune - 1
    Agent Cooper - 1
    Ardor - 1
    Cj Iwakura - 1
    Daric - 1
    Tossrock - 1

Burnage on
    edited January 2008
    And further the win condition says "Eliminate all the bad guys in your city" so I dont think we need to kill LA's Big Bad's and LA doesnt have to kill ours..
    I don't see this in the OP. Where did he say this?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited January 2008
    Druhim wrote: »

"Win condition:
    Eliminate your city of its evil element." - spoilered in the OP. Those LA guys are on their own.

Burnage on
    edited January 2008
    Neville wrote:

You are a citizen of Sunnydale. You've heard people talk about this "Hellmouth" but who are they kidding?
    Its too much reality TV, that's what causes people to act up. And this talk of demons? Nah.
    People just really like Halloween here. I mean, what else could you be suggesting?

YOU MUST VOTE DAILY ON WHO YOU THINK IS SUSPICIOUS AND SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR CITY.

Win condition:
    Eliminate your city of its evil element.

Its right there.. first spoiler in the OP

Or did you not pay attention to that win condition..

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    edited January 2008
    Druhim wrote: »

It's in our generic villager role pms. If you didn't get a pm from Neville, you are just a bystander who needs to help remove the threat in our city.

It doesn't say we need to also help LA remove their menace, we just need to kill our evils.

I would guess this means people won't be crossing between cities.

I also wonder if it wouldn't be a neat idea to direct more vig kills towards one city rather than both? I mean, maybe our vigilantes could go wipe out some people in LA since day 1 typically means mostly good guys are being shot anyways.

Ardor on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Ardor that's absolutely ridiculous

Why do we need to take up the guardian exactly? If we make it obvious that squash will be guarded then they could just as easily kill the person in 2nd place and let Squash die to the vote.

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
    edited January 2008
    Here is what Neville said about cross city kills:
    neville wrote: »
    Specials can attack people in either city.
    A demon ruling over a city? Can definitely attack.
    neville wrote: »
    Regardless of thread, you're all still in the same game!
    What goes bump in the night can kill you, regardless of your city.

Beware.

I'm still trying to find what he said about win condition. But I believe it's both cities have to have baddies eliminated for goods to win and vice versa.

M.D. on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    There is a chance that one city could eliminate its Big Bad and the other could lose to theirs. Neville has not clarified, and I believe refuses to clarify, what happens then. Hopefully a sudden death super demon vs. slayer fight of some sort.

Straightzi on
    edited January 2008
    Neville wrote:

You are a citizen of Sunnydale. You've heard people talk about this "Hellmouth" but who are they kidding?
    Its too much reality TV, that's what causes people to act up. And this talk of demons? Nah.
    People just really like Halloween here. I mean, what else could you be suggesting?

YOU MUST VOTE DAILY ON WHO YOU THINK IS SUSPICIOUS AND SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR CITY.

Win condition:
    Eliminate your city of its evil element.

Its right there.. first spoiler in the OP

Or did you not pay attention to that win condition..
    I was asking, I wasn't accusing. The OP is pretty large and I overlooked that one bit of text. chill

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited January 2008
    Burnage wrote: »
    Speaking of the "Don't talk to Squashua movement"...
    Squashua wrote: »
    Locus wrote: »
    You better not be lying about this mason thing!

For once, I'm not, but the amount of coordinated "diss" it's receiving in the other thread makes me narrow my eyes.

Looks like our suspicions are making us look suspicious! Or something. I'm just hoping the bad guys don't have a cross-city kill they decide to sling our way.

coordinated diss?

Are you fucking kidding me

That's like complaining when your bill to increase spending on baby rape gets shot down in congress

No, it wasn't a cabal organized against you

your bill proposed increased spending on baby rape

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Druhim must be a baddie if he didn't know that win condition.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
    edited January 2008
    Zot wrote: »
    Ardor that's absolutely ridiculous

Why do we need to take up the guardian exactly? If we make it obvious that squash will be guarded then they could just as easily kill the person in 2nd place and let Squash die to the vote.

There's no guarantee a guardian exists or can guard someone in a different city (if only one exists for example).

The guardian(s) can do whatever they want. I'm just throwing ideas out there for people to discuss since this way it's less talk about past games and more talk about this one.

Let us know if you have any other ideas we should consider.

I just treat Squashua as if I were in his shoes. If I were an actual mason, I'd be assuming I'm dying tonight so I'd have a plan for once voting ends and before narration is posted.

If I were a bad guy, I'd do this because I'm not sure if anyone has done something like this before and I'd be hoping some folks contact me. Making up the fact that several people contacted me already if it wasn't true might help get another person or two to actually contact me.

See, Squashua dying will give us information on him. If he doesn't die, we have:

1) Squashua was protected.
    2) Bad guys didn't attack Squashua.

We'd pretty much have to leave him alive until day 3 or so before we can really statr trusting him. At that time, we'd assume if he seered evil, someone would come out against him and state so.

Ardor on
    edited January 2008
    Daric wrote: »
    Druhim must be a baddie if he didn't know that win condition.
    I totally agree!

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited January 2008
    I agree with the voting out Squashua plan, but your plan to guard him is just plain ludicrous.

edited January 2008
    I'm new at this so pardon what is I suppose a suspicious question but does a seer have to get revealed to confirm someone?

I understand the (Dies mason saying this guy is also mason) confirmation.

I also understand the (Vigilante kills this guy saying he would kill this guy and how they would die) confirm.

But how do we need to confirm that the seer who is confirming him is legit before his confirmation holds weight? Doesn't that give alot of days for evils to kill off alot of good specials?

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    edited January 2008
    Seering will usually reveal roles

The seer pms the target with his/her role

That person then posts in the thread saying the seer has contacted them

Not necessarily the most trustable, but if the person is lying it usually becomes obvious shortly

edited January 2008
    He wouldn't state the persons role name, just who it is. The seer would seer that person and then pm them with a role name so they could start working together.

It would be kinda hard though if baddies had a seer.

M.D. on
    edited January 2008
    I agree with the voting out Squashua plan, but your plan to guard him is just plain ludicrous.
    what the? I'm new at this and even I realize we can't vote out Squashua because he's not in Sunnydale

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited January 2008
    I'm talking about in the other thread.

I just happen to be talking to Ardor in this thread

edited January 2008

Depending on how many people actually get votes over there, it's possible they could kill the top vote winners and watch the vote fall to a tied group which may be a number of people with 1 vote or everyone else if anyone getting a vote died.

Second, there's always the chance someone can gain powers by killing specific people. Think Sylar, or the gal who claims to be the mother of the Venture brothers, etc.

Ardor on
    edited January 2008
    In the Whedonverse?

I don't recall any power stealers...

There was a body stealer in Angel but it was less a collection and more a swap..

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    edited January 2008
    Then putting a solid second, third, and fourth place are much better than using a guardian, don't you think?

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yeah I'm not thinking of anything in universe. This doesn't mean that there isn't anything, but I expect Neville to be reasonably true to the rules of the world as we know them.

Straightzi on
    edited January 2008
    Then putting a solid second, third, and fourth place are much better than using a guardian, don't you think?

Unless the bad guys collectively get a lot of kills since this is a large game, don't you think?

Lots of potential factors in here Zot. Many guardians in the past haven't been able to guard themselves either.

You see any reason they should pick someone random over potentially blocking a forced tie vote?

Ardor on
    edited January 2008
    I'd just like to note Druhim is pulling the exact same shit I did in the Heroes phalla where you fail to notice the good guy win condition and then claim to have not noticed

As it turned out, I was 100% evil bastard in that case. And Druhim was already on my gut-feeling suspicious list.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
    edited January 2008
    Is there a downside to him dying? I mean the only real power of the masons is in them knowing that they're all innocent.

Isnt he just a confirmation waiting to happen?

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    REMINDER:

Voting closes TODAY at 6 pm PST (9 pm EST).
    YOU MUST PM ANY SPECIAL ACTIONS TO BOTH LOL! AND MYSELF BEFORE THEN.

Inactivity will result in your being replaced.
    Also everyone in the city threads must vote.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
    edited January 2008
    So are Belruel and Theidar, but we'll see

Tossrock on
    sig.png