As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shin megami Tensei: Nocturne (Specific question)

TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Games and Technology
Ok, so
I'm fighting Beezelbub in the fourth kalpa, and I'm finding him impossible to beat. The problem is that I discarded the void death skill a while ago, and I'm vulnerable to his Death Flies (aka 100% death to whole party) spell. If I injust Satan (protection from death), then I'm vulnerable to his Power Charge normal attack if he chooses to attack the main character. I'm out of ideas for how to protect myself from both phys and death at the same time. Anyone have any ideas?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
FFXIV: Tchel Fay
Nintendo ID: Tortalius
Steam: Tortalius
Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
Tcheldor on

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I think I finished him off by luck; I wasn't immune to Death Flies. There was one run with him where he never had a chance to use it, and that was when I beat him. I'd say find yourself some high end demons(like The Harlot and Black Rider) and lay waste to him ASAP.

Also, you're welcome to ask for help in the SMT thread. There's worse critters than Beezlebub waiting down the line.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    my party is pale rider black rider harlot, it's just if he does death flies I lose, or if he hits me with power charged phys attack I lose. I don't want to have any I lose conditions. Is there anyway to relearn a discarded skill?

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    No, once it's gone, it's gone. If you keep running into Death Flies, then rely on the Satan Magatama. It's better to run the risk of dealing with a high power attack then one that's guaranteed instant death. You can use the kaja spells, Fog Breath, etc. to lessen the odds of it hitting, I think.

There's no way to 'guarantee' that Main won't die. Something can always go wrong in Nocturne.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    I really think you could use the main SMT thread for this.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる