As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Question

StarcoreStarcore Registered User regular
Is there a specific location for discussing music production? While I would assume it could possibly be dictated into one of the other creative-type forums, I didn't see a specific location for it, and I assume there are, at the very least, a few people with some genuine interests and talents in creating music.

Thanks!

This is a sig.

It links to my website. The site is still under construction. And will be forever. And apparently it's dead for right now. I guess I'll have to talk to my admin one of these days...Also. Myspace.
Starcore on

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    If you have a few specific questions, Help/Advice is the place to go.

If you're looking for critiques of a piece you've already made, you probably want to head to the Artists Corner. AC does tend to focus more on visual arts though, so H/A would be a viable option there too.

If you just want to discuss the process with people Debate and Discourse is your best bet. There's at least one music thread that already exists, but all the ones I've seen have been about discussing other people's music, so making a new one for music creation should be fine. Make sure you put some effort into your post if you do it here.

There is one other option, that being Social Entropy. However, unless you've been lurking there a good while I would advise against that, as it's an extremely off-topic forum and the atmosphere takes some getting used to for most people. Music is one of the topics that's more likely not to get derailed over there, but there's no guarantees about that.

Smasher on
  • Options
    StarcoreStarcore Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Thanks for the advice. I pretty much planned on staying away from SE; I prefer my forums to be semi-mild mannered. I still occasionally make music as a hobby and always enjoying talking to others about it, what they use, etc.

Starcore on
    This is a sig.

It links to my website. The site is still under construction. And will be forever. And apparently it's dead for right now. I guess I'll have to talk to my admin one of these days...Also. Myspace.
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Another spot is Artists Corner. While it's typically oriented towards graphic artists I don't see why there wouldn't be room for original music as well.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    There are a few folks in SE land that are into that as well. Knob jumps to mind as one of them.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Dumb Hero wrote: »
    Another spot is Artists Corner. While it's typically oriented towards graphic artists I don't see why there wouldn't be room for original music as well.

The AC really should be the home for it, but it doesn't get enough traffic to be much help to non-visual artists.

Brolo on