Options

Let's Finish Deus Ex: Why do these scientists know all the passwords?

• Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The site for the Deus Ex high definition texture pack lives here - http://www.offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/

It's not done yet, but apparently they're still working on it. Fingers crossed.

P.S.: "JC is dancing in the blood of a murdered child!"

freakish light on
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I love how your pacifism is the opposite of your frustration with the AI.

As you get more frustrated, the rockets start flying. :)

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    KAHHHHBOOOOOM.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I can't tell any difference between this video and the last one, and the text is still unreadable, unfortunately. Can you read the text if you view the source videos with VLC/Winamp/whatever? I know Vimeo can do better than this, so it's probably FRAPS's compression interacting with Vimeo's in weird ways.

If there's no other way, you could try Stage 6. This is as high quality as it gets, but it requires it's own plugin which doesn't work for some people.

Also, you should've shot the kid with bullets and taken your chocolate bar back, Grand Theft Auto style.

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh Paul, what the fuck have you done now?'
    'Somebody kill me! Anybody!' *JC pulls a rocket launcher out of his pocket*

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Lork wrote: »
    I can't tell any difference between this video and the last one, and the text is still unreadable, unfortunately. Can you read the text if you view the source videos with VLC/Winamp/whatever? I know Vimeo can do better than this, so it's probably FRAPS's compression interacting with Vimeo's in weird ways.

If there's no other way, you could try Stage 6. This is as high quality as it gets, but it requires it's own plugin which doesn't work for some people.

Also, you should've shot the kid with bullets and taken your chocolate bar back, Grand Theft Auto style.

Ya it was readable when I looked in Winamp after I was finished with the video. I might try stage6 but it'll be a bit dodgy, these videos are averaging at 40-60 minutes each :/
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    I love how your pacifism is the opposite of your frustration with the AI.

As you get more frustrated, the rockets start flying. :)

I normally mange to get to Lebedev before I start the murder. Hell, I could have done this totally bloodless if I had just followed them onto the train, but that little voice in the back of my head was whispering "They want explosions. You want explosions. Make these guys pay."
    Rentilius wrote: »
    KAHHHHBOOOOOM.

I was giggling so hard when I thought about doing that.

I must admit, I had fun making this video. The AI glitch and my little rampage at the end, as well as managing to get the alternate dialogue without much trouble were nice.

The next video will be long, I'm warning you now. I have to do every side-mission in Hell's Kitchen (Including the secret base) as well as taking out the generator. I also have the issue of space. I can get the machine gun in the next section but I currently do not have the space to pick it up. I think I might try going to the end without it, but I might have to sacrifice the GEP gun.

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    That actually wasn't a bug. Well, the guy running around in circles was, but the reason they were running away in the first place was that there was a big battle between the NSF and UNATCO while you weren't looking.

Lork on
  • Options
    Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Because of this thread, I'm considering throwing ten bucks at steam to play this again.

god dammit

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Please don't tell me it's on Steam. Please tell me you're just a liar.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    <EDIT> I am a bonehead.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Right on this page in fact.

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Wouldn't dropping the game resolution at least make the text bigger?

Remington on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Although the new video is definitely more clear, the newspaper and datacube stuff is still tough to read. I think dropping the rez a rad and keeping Vimeo should do the trick.

*EDIT*
    Also! You can turn off the transparency of the menus. I bet that'll help a bit, too, since some of the background junk is making the text a big blobby.

Remington on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Every time I see the thread title I think of Duke Nukem saying "I've got balls of steel," over and over and over again. It's a sweet, sweet pain.

freakish light on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Blue dotted, yo.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I never knew the "install the second mod" trick. Still, good to know. Also, while they both have their uses in very limited areas of the game, (since only a douchenozzle puts anything in swimming, Aqualung does have some use in the sub base), I would suggest dropping Aqualung/Environmental Resistance for something. Maybe get both Artificial Heart and Power Recirculator.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    NastymanNastyman Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I've also never heard of the "install the second mod" trick, but I do know that you needn't worry about enough space for picking up the assault rifle in hell's kitchen. For Unlimited inventory space go to your inventory and pick up and move the GEP gun to somewhere outside of the inventory area, then press Esc to go back to the game. Then just pick up the assault rifle and look in your inventory, it will be underneath your GEP gun. To select it just move or drop the GEP.

Nastyman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I've got to send my appreciation for this LP, Italax. Deus Ex is my favorite game of all time, but I haven't had the time to go through it for a long time now. It's nice to see it done a semi violent way, too, as I've always taken the non-lethal stealthy route.

But yeah, keep it up! You're doing a great job.

Edit: Oh yeah, and regarding Jaime...I didn't see anyone mention this in the thread...the pronunciation in the game is the spanish pronunciation. Generally it's pronounced "hay-may" for males, and "jay-mee" for females.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    ZanteZante Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    "Oh fuck, the music started"
    made me laugh out loud.

Zante on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    LavaKnight wrote: »
    I've got to send my appreciation for this LP, Italax. Deus Ex is my favorite game of all time, but I haven't had the time to go through it for a long time now. It's nice to see it done a semi violent way, too, as I've always taken the non-lethal stealthy route.

But yeah, keep it up! You're doing a great job.

Edit: Oh yeah, and regarding Jaime...I didn't see anyone mention this in the thread...the pronunciation in the game is the spanish pronunciation. Generally it's pronounced "hay-may" for males, and "jay-mee" for females.
    That still doesn't explain why he looks like a midget in the picture.

Lork on
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Fair enough :lol:

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    This is probably a weird request, but could you possibly say Jaime the way you'd naturally pronounce it in the next video? You mentioned that that's not at all how you'd say it, but you didn't say how you would say it. Just curious.

*EDIT*

Oh, I see this has kinda been mentioned. I figured I was the only one that cared.

Remington on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    That actually wasn't a bug. Well, the guy running around in circles was, but the reason they were running away in the first place was that there was a big battle between the NSF and UNATCO while you weren't looking.

I knew all about the battle, I avoided it at the start in case things wigged out and it made me miss the alternate dialogue. What was weird was how they all hid for a while and let me hunt them down. I'm just glad they didn't trigger the guys in the subway, that would have been a huge annoyance.
    Remington wrote: »
    Wouldn't dropping the game resolution at least make the text bigger?
    Although the new video is definitely more clear, the newspaper and datacube stuff is still tough to read. I think dropping the rez a rad and keeping Vimeo should do the trick.

*EDIT*
    Also! You can turn off the transparency of the menus. I bet that'll help a bit, too, since some of the background junk is making the text a big blobby.
    This is probably a weird request, but could you possibly say Jaime the way you'd naturally pronounce it in the next video? You mentioned that that's not at all how you'd say it, but you didn't say how you would say it. Just curious.

*EDIT*

Oh, I see this has kinda been mentioned. I figured I was the only one that cared.

Your wish is my command ;o

Let's Play Deus Ex - Bonus 1: Rocket Castration and Not-so-Friendly Fire

I think I need to go 1 resolution lower. This still seemed a little hard to read. EDIT: This is as low as I'm willing to go. Anything lower makes it unplayable for me. It's kinda legible at this setting anyway. I tested it in winamp though and it worked perfectly. If you want the text downloading might be the best option, sorry guys :/

(Sorry about forgetting your name lol, I was rushing and didn't expect anything interesting to happen. That guy is in for it later on.)
    Every time I see the thread title I think of Duke Nukem saying "I've got balls of steel," over and over and over again. It's a sweet, sweet pain.

Glad someone else thought that xD It was either that or KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM but that would have ruined the joke.

Italax on
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Do we get to choose if he acts like a dick or not?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I just assume you all want me to make him say badass shit and then do that. I'm gonna try and play it as JC being "The Stone-Cold Badass with a heart of gold wires."

Italax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Italax, I'm seriously jealous of your speech impediment, though I probably wouldn't have even noticed it if you hadn't mentioned it. Chicks have got to find that shit adorable, though.

Remington on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Just finished watching the first vid, what do you mean, "they are both O.K."

They are both awesome, with combat strength a bit more awesome than microfiber.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I said Wednesday. But I love you guys and finished recording this weeks videos yesterday. Now, you need to know that this was not supposed to take 3 parts, I was supposed to do all of Hell's Kitchen in one go. It didn;t turn out that way and I underestimated how long showing everything would take, so it's two videos. This Video will show most of the side quests and the next video will be me finishing off the mission. I'd be perfectly willing to record the next one and post both of the ones I have now, but I've maxed out my vimeo upload and can't show it anyway. So, enjoy:

Mission 2 - Part 2: If this is Hell's Kitchen then I'm the goddamn chef.

Italax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I don't know if you noticed, but there's a fire extinguisher behind the receptionist in the free health clinic... if you did things in a different order you could try out the fire exinguisher trick in a bonus video.

EDIT: Thinking about it and the thing where Jock demands one of Shea's "ice cold brown bullets," I doubt it would work. Maybe if you got a warm beer and did it?

Also, "Who will help the widow's son?" is, according to Google, a Freemason distress signal.

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    YES YES GOD YES AN UPDATE

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I really hope I can blow through the airfield in one update, the airfield sucks ass. It's one redeeming feature is the end. I love the end.

Also, is it possible to port my saves from the game into the game on Steam? I downloaded the pack with Deus Ex and Invisible War and I wanna see if I can use that to do the let's play on the Steam version.

Italax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I don't see why not. Steam gives you all the original game files; as long as your copy is patched all the way I can't see any problem with it. Just find the matching folders and move the save files from one to the other.

By the way, you didn't link the third Mission 2 video, but it's up on Vimeo -- http://www.vimeo.com/610233

I just finished watching it. Next time on Let's Play Deus Ex, Italax unleashes his fury at ladders on a hardware store with Geppy.

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I was saving it because I can't upload any more videos this week xD

I'll change the thread title in a couple of days.

Italax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Ah, now it makes sense. I thought earlier you meant that you couldn't upload this last one yet... but you meant you can't upload the next one.

It does kind of make me sad that I won't have anything else to watch this week, but... oh well. That's the price of devouring things too fast.

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I can't even do a bonus video because I can't upload :/ The next video will pretty much just be UNATCO HQ v2 and I could do it in about 15 minutes.

Italax on
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    You are an awesome Let's Play... guy... person... narrator?

"I need a beer and a fire extinguisher." I only wish that were taken out of context.

:lol:

Just noticed the new OP. Brilliant.

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I dont even remember what the other leg AUG is.

Anyway, I've never had the game think I was a crazy killer if I knocked everyone out. The only part where it doesn't distinguish is if you knock a person out, you can then blow them up with a rocket and it'll still think they're just knocked out (I believe).

Other leg aug lets you walk making less noise. It's ok but stealth gets really hard later on.
    Run silent sounds nice until it occurs to you that the super speed aug still works when you're crouched. What's worse is that run silent only dampens movement sounds, so the super speed is actually better for stealth. Even Aqua-Lung is a better choice than that.

Max rank Run Silent is full speed running, completely silent.

Max rank Speed Enhancement lets you crouch and move just as fast as you do while running (if not faster) and you're also completely silent. And you can stand up and ZOOM.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I totally forgot to remind a loved one that I love them.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    SunstrandSunstrand Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Just wanted to say that this LP is awesome and you're awesome for doing it so well, also just wanted to say thanks fucker now I have to find my disc so I can play again. I've found my Invisable War disc already and tried to play it but it's shit compared to the first one.

Heres a link to an 2006 high res mod
    > Linky

Edit: opps, just read back some pages and the high res pack has been linked already, my bad

Sunstrand on
    BorderlandsClaptraps.jpg