Options

Let's Finish Deus Ex: Why do these scientists know all the passwords?

• Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I don't know if you noticed, but there's a fire extinguisher behind the receptionist in the free health clinic... if you did things in a different order you could try out the fire exinguisher trick in a bonus video.

EDIT: Thinking about it and the thing where Jock demands one of Shea's "ice cold brown bullets," I doubt it would work. Maybe if you got a warm beer and did it?

Also, "Who will help the widow's son?" is, according to Google, a Freemason distress signal.

Oh thanks, I thought it was something like that. I should probably look this stuff up PRIOR to filming the video really.

Also, the game glitched on me. I brought a beer off Shea but Jock thought it was warm, it was annoying.

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So, there's a glitch in Deus Ex that, even though I've played through the game a hundred times, only cropped up on me the last time I played it.

Apparently, the next time you head to Hell's Kitchen, if you go into Paul's Apartment the back way and shut his bedroom door, it can for some reason break the game later on.
    Basically, sometimes if you shut that door, then go on to send the distress signal, you'll return back to Paul's apartment and he won't be there. You won't get the dialog and the agents wont blow down the door. You CAN walk out the door, but when it happened to me the agents were all invincible. I had to go back to a save I had back on Libery Island and redo the whole section over again.

Anyway, I figured you already knew about that, but I thought I'd mention it anyway because it'd be a shame if such a large setback hit your LP.

Remington on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Oh god I had that glitch once. But I had no idea what caused it and it fucked that playthrough up irreparably.

Also, to anyone who hasn't actually played before the game is about to get real fucking good. Apart from the airfield (which I feel is kind of bland) from now until the end of the china segment the game is pure gold.

Italax on
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, it kinda looks like you're only using one save file? If that's the case that glitch would fuck you over real bad. As far as I know, that's the only game ending bug out there, though, so just avoid Paul's door all together and you should be okay.

Remington on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Hey, Italax, great LP. I love that game a lot, and it's always fun to see some videos.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    You can get around that bug by spawning Paul with the console if it comes to that.

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Remington wrote: »
    Yeah, it kinda looks like you're only using one save file? If that's the case that glitch would fuck you over real bad. As far as I know, that's the only game ending bug out there, though, so just avoid Paul's door all together and you should be okay.

I'm using a new save file for each mission, so I wouldn't have to go back too far.

Also, I just played the first 10 minutes of Invisible War.

WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO?

If no one else starts a Let's Play of IW before I finish this, I'm gonna LP that blind. We can go through it together and you can watch as I break down and weep while they kill Deus Ex and violate it's corpse.

Italax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Italax wrote: »
    If no one else starts a Let's Play of IW before I finish this, I'm gonna LP that blind. We can go through it together and you can watch as I break down and weep while they kill Deus Ex and violate it's corpse.
    I've got something special planned for that, so I'm calling it. It requires a guest commentator by its very nature, though, so you can do that if you want.

Lork on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Lork wrote: »
    I've got something special planned for that, so I'm calling it. It requires a guest commentator by its very nature, though, so you can do that if you want.

Awesome, I'd be in for that.

Italax on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I don't know if you noticed, but there's a fire extinguisher behind the receptionist in the free health clinic... if you did things in a different order you could try out the fire exinguisher trick in a bonus video.

EDIT: Thinking about it and the thing where Jock demands one of Shea's "ice cold brown bullets," I doubt it would work. Maybe if you got a warm beer and did it?

Also, "Who will help the widow's son?" is, according to Google, a Freemason distress signal.

Oh thanks, I thought it was something like that. I should probably look this stuff up PRIOR to filming the video really.

Also, the game glitched on me. I brought a beer off Shea but Jock thought it was warm, it was annoying.

There is a known and repeated bug (by me) where the game will register the first beer you give to Jock as warm, no matter where you got it from. Best way to do it is to grab one off the wall and give it to Jock, then drop it, and buy one, then give that to him.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Most of you have already seen this but I'll update the thread now I guess. I'll try and get the next video out as soon as I can, probably Monday.

Mission 2 - Part 3: Ladders that do not go anywhere close to heaven.

Italax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    We all love Geppy!

Oh, Yeah, Italax,
    HEADSHOTS, MATE! They definitely make a difference, especially when using the tranqs.

Edit2: Dude, you had that much trouble on the last floor of the generator place because you didn't have an assault rifle or a shotgun. All your weapons were either useful for long range or single enemy stealth take downs. You need the close quarters combat stuff.

Edit3: And you could use some medkits too, you know.

anyway, I'm loving the LP! keep it up!

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Dude. May is 5, not 6.

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    HEADSHOTS, MATE! They definitely make a difference, especially when using the tranqs.

I was worried about the headshot missing because apart from the sniper all my weapons are really inaccurate at the moment. Better to nail them in the chest with a tranq then miss completely and get hosed down
    Edit2: Dude, you had that much trouble on the last floor of the generator place because you didn't have an assault rifle or a shotgun. All your weapons were either useful for long range or single enemy stealth take downs. You need the close quarters combat stuff.

I don't have room for either of the Close-Quarters weaponry, I mentioned it earlier in the thread I think, that I normally play with a shottie and an assault rifle where my GEP gun is, meaning I'm not sure what to ditch for something close quarters. :/

Pfft, medkits are for women and children. JC is a man's man!
    Dude. May is 5, not 6.

...I'm an idiot. Ah well, I just tried it with the 5 and that still wasn't the code. Anyone know what it actually is?

Also, Firing a GEP gun inside UNATCO can cause several things to happen. One of these things is that it triggers Anna Navarre and Manderley to think you've attacked them and they come gunning for you. I had to let them kill me because I needed to talk to Manderley to advance :/

Italax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    It's funny watching you breeze past parts that I had difficulty with and then have a huge amount of trouble in parts that I found trivially easy.

Random bit of useless trivia: Ford Schick is Warren Spector. He didn't do the voice, but the model is based on his face for some reason.

Lork on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

I was worried about the headshot missing because apart from the sniper all my weapons are really inaccurate at the moment. Better to nail them in the chest with a tranq then miss completely and get hosed down
    Hum, yeah, that makes sense.

I don't have room for either of the Close-Quarters weaponry, I mentioned it earlier in the thread I think, that I normally play with a shottie and an assault rifle where my GEP gun is, meaning I'm not sure what to ditch for something close quarters. :/
    You could have picked the rifle, though, I think, using the space the binoculars are taking plus the 2 empty slots you had could have solved it.

Pfft, medkits are for women and children. JC is a man's man!
    Tell that to Gordon Freeman!
    seriously, you could have beaten that part in the roof quicker with kits :D

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    The code to Morpheus' mirror is 432, btw. Which are the first 3 digits of Paul's password.

Seriously, maybe these guys need to get better at making codes.

Remington on
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The code to Morpheus' mirror is 432, btw. Which are the first 3 digits of Paul's password.

Where do you find it? I don't think I've ever found it either, unless I'm remembering incorrectly.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    sigh. I need to actually buy this on Steam and replay it. I never finished it.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

"1 2 3 4 5? That's amazing! I've got the same combination on my luggage!"

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The two most under-rated abilities in the game are the enviornmental skill, and pistol skill.

the most under-rated aug is the melee damage aug.

Pistol+enviornmental skill + armor = Killing machine
    Pistol+enviornmental skill + power recycler + ballistic armor + usable armor = Unstoppable killing machine
    Sword + Melee skill + power recycler + usable armor + ballistic armor + melee aug = unstoppable killing machine that one shots walker bots with a sword.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    god, don't say that, that just makes me want to buy this more.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ten bucks.

Ten bucks.

august on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    it's not a matter of cost! I still have an ME renegade run and I have to finish the Witcher, all the while playing TF2!

tyrannus on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    And imagine if you hadn't quit WoW.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I was tired of starting up a game and exiting it more bored than when I started. But god dammit, I just bought this.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    NastymanNastyman Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Good man!

Nastyman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Random Name GeneratorRandom Name Generator Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    LP lacks crossbow abuse. It's so overpowered for stealth work. Just equip it, wait for the ret to close down, and even without the scope you can headshot people from across the world. Basically, if their head falls within the closed reticle, you get credit and they go down. The only weapons that come close to seeing as much use from me are the assault rifle and sniper rifle, and they both need substantial mods to control recoil. The assault also gets a silencer, but that's just icing.

Of course, melee combined with the regen and/or stealth augs is just unfair, and that's what you seem to be going for, so no need to waste points on too many gun skills.

Random Name Generator on
  • Options
    ToastmoldToastmold Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Thanks for doing this. I think I shall get it off steam now...

*edit- I got the package that includes the Invisible War.. hopefully is worth the extra 10 dollars at least.

Toastmold on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Very entertaining so far , commentary is good too.

Also you must have hated Metal Gear Solid 3 , that had the king of ladders.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    themocawthemocaw Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Invisible War is worth about five, ten dollars, yeah. Deus Ex is still good at 20+

themocaw on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I am playing Deus Ex for the first time

It kind of bothers me

I like to get everything on my first run and I am never sure if I am getting everything in an area or if I am doing things in the right order or if I am even doing things right

But I am enjoying myself, so it's okay

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Last playthrough I did I basically only used two weapons. The handgun (eventually) fully upgraded with a scope (sniping with a handgun is so much fun) and the sword you get in Hong Kong. It got kinda difficult towards the end though and I was useless against bots.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Olivaw wrote: »

It kind of bothers me

I like to get everything on my first run and I am never sure if I am getting everything in an area or if I am doing things in the right order or if I am even doing things right

You'll never get everything in an area. You'd have to dedicate your entire life to the game. And you can't do everything right, because you often get conflicting objectives. On the bright side, you don't have to worry about doing things in the right order. It's very hard to sequence break when just about every possible sequence makes sense.

Lork on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Lork wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »

It kind of bothers me

You'll never get everything in an area. You'd have to dedicate your entire life to the game. And you can't do everything right, because you often get conflicting objectives. On the bright side, you don't have to worry about doing things in the right order. It's very hard to sequence break when just about every possible sequence makes sense.

DX is every OCDer's nightmare. You just can't do EVERYTHING in a single playthrough. The game does get a lot more linear after HK and Paris, though.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    just fyi, the guards CAN see your light, although it doesn't instantly trigger you being spotted.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    That Sword + Cloak + Speed Run + Melee Aug + Low Tech Skill backed up with a Baton for silent take downs and the armor and Ballista Aug for tougher enemies.

Who wants to fuck with me then? I'M THE MOTHERFUCKING PREDATOR.
    Also you must have hated Metal Gear Solid 3 , that had the king of ladders.

WE'RE STILL IN A DREAM SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE EEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

Italax on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Blue'dotted because I missed it until now.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    ToastmoldToastmold Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    For some reason the colours for me are screwed up in fullscreen, but if I run it in a window it looks fine, but it seems to make my brain hurt when I do that *cry*.

Toastmold on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Did you try changing renderers?

august on