Options

Let's Finish Deus Ex: Why do these scientists know all the passwords?

1235723

Posts

  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    ...god damn it. Now where did I leave my install disc? :P

    Props on the LP. It's been entertaining to watch over the last two days. Keep it up!

    Houn on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I generally do: sniper rifle, GEP gun, minicrossbow, baton (eventually replaced by Dragon's Tooth). If for whatever reason I have space, I might lug around the assault rifle or assault shotgun for a while.

    Shadowen on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I usually find it's worth keeping the Dragon's Tooth and the Baton. The Baton is silent whilst the Dragon's Tooth makes people scream.

    Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Italax wrote: »
    I usually find it's worth keeping the Dragon's Tooth and the Baton. The Baton is silent whilst the Dragon's Tooth makes people scream.

    Ah, but by the time you can get the Dragon's Tooth there aren't many enemies in the game you're not better off either shooting in the head with a silenced sniper rifle (best weapon in the game amirite?) or blowing up with the GEP gun (because robots don't have the goddamn courtesy to fall over when you put a 30.06 slug in their CPU). The few that are worth leaving alive are generally low-level enemies and can be taken down with a minicrossbow in a single shot if you've made it accurate. I keep the Dragon's Tooth mostly for flavor--the idea of a hyper-fast, invisible, super-strong JC with a damned lightsaber, because that's what it is, is too awesome to pass up. And it's useful for opening crates.

    I forgot to mention I usually just drop the 10mm pistol and keep the stealth pistol.

    Of course, I'm talking to a guy who hoards medikits on Realistic when one leg is gone.

    Shadowen on
  • Options
    Random Name GeneratorRandom Name Generator Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Italax wrote: »
    I usually find it's worth keeping the Dragon's Tooth and the Baton. The Baton is silent whilst the Dragon's Tooth makes people scream.

    Ah, but by the time you can get the Dragon's Tooth there aren't many enemies in the game you're not better off either shooting in the head with a silenced sniper rifle (best weapon in the game amirite?) or blowing up with the GEP gun (because robots don't have the goddamn courtesy to fall over when you put a 30.06 slug in their CPU). The few that are worth leaving alive are generally low-level enemies and can be taken down with a minicrossbow in a single shot if you've made it accurate. I keep the Dragon's Tooth mostly for flavor--the idea of a hyper-fast, invisible, super-strong JC with a damned lightsaber, because that's what it is, is too awesome to pass up. And it's useful for opening crates.

    I forgot to mention I usually just drop the 10mm pistol and keep the stealth pistol.

    Of course, I'm talking to a guy who hoards medikits on Realistic when one leg is gone.

    I've always preferred LAMs to the GEP gun. LAMs and EMP grenades. Especially EMP grenades. The ability to lay traps is just so much fun, and if I can disable the target and sneak by without killing it? That's just a bonus. I envision guards starring at their now perfectly functioning bots and scratching their heads, wondering want went wrong.

    Random Name Generator on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Italax wrote: »
    I usually find it's worth keeping the Dragon's Tooth and the Baton. The Baton is silent whilst the Dragon's Tooth makes people scream.

    Ah, but by the time you can get the Dragon's Tooth there aren't many enemies in the game you're not better off either shooting in the head with a silenced sniper rifle (best weapon in the game amirite?) or blowing up with the GEP gun (because robots don't have the goddamn courtesy to fall over when you put a 30.06 slug in their CPU). The few that are worth leaving alive are generally low-level enemies and can be taken down with a minicrossbow in a single shot if you've made it accurate. I keep the Dragon's Tooth mostly for flavor--the idea of a hyper-fast, invisible, super-strong JC with a damned lightsaber, because that's what it is, is too awesome to pass up. And it's useful for opening crates.

    I forgot to mention I usually just drop the 10mm pistol and keep the stealth pistol.

    Of course, I'm talking to a guy who hoards medikits on Realistic when one leg is gone.

    The idea of JC hopping around on one leg fighting terrorism is too funny to pass up.

    Also, in retrospect I missed a golden oppurtunity to make a Monty Python joke in the first video.

    I always prefer the Baton for stealth kills up close though, I hoarde ammo and health pretty hard. I went through all those sections without using a single bioelectric cell, even though I was running out of energy. I'll start using them after I reach China.

    Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Italax wrote: »
    The idea of JC hopping around on one leg fighting terrorism is too funny to pass up.

    Also, in retrospect I missed a golden oppurtunity to make a Monty Python joke in the first video.

    I always prefer the Baton for stealth kills up close though, I hoarde ammo and health pretty hard. I went through all those sections without using a single bioelectric cell, even though I was running out of energy. I'll start using them after I reach China.

    This is quite true. And I am impressed with your conservation. If you retain your medkit-hoarding ways after you get regeneration, I think you will be effectively invincible, not counting a direct rocket hit or head shot.

    Shadowen on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Good(ish) news! Last night I got the DivX Converter working, so I can use Stage 6! It also has no upload limit so I SHOULD be able to make the videos so you can finally read them. And you're going to need it for the next video, this is where shit starts getting good.

    Also, Timmy at the back there. Yea, you. The guy playing Halo 3 and frothing at the mouth like some kind of rabid dog. You can leave now, THERE'S GONNA BE READING AND STORYLINES NEXT.

    Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh, yeah, now the game gets even better.

    Yay, geppy!

    Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I almost never use the stealth pistol over the 10mm. The 10mm does more damage than the stealth pistol and when going through with the pistols I am almost always low on ammo.

    ed: Also, the dragons tooth is a lot better at killing bots than the gep gun. The Gep Gun takes ammo, the Dragons tooth takes aug juice[melee damage booster+armor] which is almost free with the power recycler.

    Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    If Stage6 is being slow, I'm uploading to Vimeo as well atm. I hope the quality is okay this time around.

    Intermission 2 - UNATCO HQ: Things aren't right here...

    Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Italax wrote: »
    If Stage6 is being slow, I'm uploading to Vimeo as well atm. I hope the quality is okay this time around.

    Intermission 2 - UNATCO HQ: Things aren't right here...

    Quality is far, far better. Everything can be read now. Props, sir.

    BTW, you had the password right, but not the username. It's "jcd", not "jcdenton". ;-)

    Houn on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I thought that was the later computer at
    Tong's hideout
    ?

    Ah well, I hacked it anyway. At least the video is loading. Also, You guys are going to vote this now because I'm going to record all the airfield in one go, even if I end up splitting it and there's on decision to make. (Anyone who has not played the game, do not read this spoiler)
    Do I kill Navarre or do I wait and activate her Killswitch? I want to show the Killswitch off at least once (Probably on Gunther, he has such an awesome reaction to it). I don't mind killswitching them both, but Anna has fucking asked for this.

    Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Italax wrote: »
    I thought that was the later computer at
    Tong's hideout
    ?

    Ah well, I hacked it anyway. At least the video is loading. Also, You guys are going to vote this now because I'm going to record all the airfield in one go, even if I end up splitting it and there's on decision to make. (Anyone who has not played the game, do not read this spoiler)
    Do I kill Navarre or do I wait and activate her Killswitch? I want to show the Killswitch off at least once (Probably on Gunther, he has such an awesome reaction to it). I don't mind killswitching them both, but Anna has fucking asked for this.

    I've never done an actual fight with either of them successfully, I always went for the second option, so I vote for the former. Your plan sounds good to me.

    LavaKnight on
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ahahaha, your conversations with the NPCs are hilarious.

    Also, I've never seen the extended interrogation. I always thought the scene was over after he said to leave the first time.

    Jesus fucking christ...

    VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I think that if you see the conversation everything that happens after the airfield makes a lot more sense character-development wise. It still makes sense if you don't, but that scene is kind of the final nail in the coffin in my mind.


    Also, I'm planning on at least 2 'special' videos. One of them is gonna have a guest commentator and the other is going to be a drinking game. I'm going to find the area I suck the hardest at and I'm going to take a shot of vodka every time I die or trigger an alarm as well as maybe a couple of special conditions suggested by you guys.

    The Guest Commentary will be, I'll play through the level as per usual and then send a version without commentary to the guest, who will comment on my shoddy performance. Anyone who's interested vote or something, but I'm most likely to pick people who've been active in the thread so far.

    Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    Ahahaha, your conversations with the NPCs are hilarious.

    Also, I've never seen the extended interrogation. I always thought the scene was over after he said to leave the first time.

    Jesus fucking christ...
    If you sneak into the cell when Simons opens the door, you can interrogate the other prisoner yourself, and hear some pretty interesting things. And as an added bonus, if you kill the prisoners before Simons does, you get to hear the line "Jesus Christ, Denton!"

    Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I say kill Navarre. Paul's your bro, man. You gotta believe whatever he says at the drop of the hat.

    Remington on
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    By the way, the Jesus Smoking picture.

    "Holy Smokes!"

    Remington on
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Also I would totally be up for guest commentary. Finally, my downright unhealthy knowledge of this game can be put to good use!

    Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I thought I'd be up for it, then I remembered my voice was stupid.

    Remington on
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Italax wrote: »
    ...the other is going to be a drinking game. I'm going to find the area I suck the hardest at and I'm going to take a shot of vodka every time I die or trigger an alarm as well as maybe a couple of special conditions suggested by you guys.

    Use an Augmentation? Thats a shot...

    Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Lork wrote: »
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    Ahahaha, your conversations with the NPCs are hilarious.

    Also, I've never seen the extended interrogation. I always thought the scene was over after he said to leave the first time.

    Jesus fucking christ...
    If you sneak into the cell when Simons opens the door, you can interrogate the other prisoner yourself, and hear some pretty interesting things. And as an added bonus, if you kill the prisoners before Simons does, you get to hear the line "Jesus Christ, Denton!"

    Ask and ye shalt recieve.

    Bonus 2: The greatest democracy the world has ever known!
    Also I would totally be up for guest commentary. Finally, my downright unhealthy knowledge of this game can be put to good use!

    I was thinking of you when I suggested it :P
    Use an Augmentation? Thats a shot...

    YOU ARE AN EVIL GENIUS AND I AM SO DOING THAT.

    Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Would it be possible to get a mirror at Google Video or something? Stage6 makes my internet cry.

    Also

    Scoped Kill: 1 shot
    Something explodes: 1 shot

    Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Mr Bubbles wrote: »
    Would it be possible to get a mirror at Google Video or something? Stage6 makes my internet cry.

    Also

    Scoped Kill: 1 shot
    Something explodes: 1 shot

    I'm uploading to Vimeo but it might take a while.


    I'm gonna be so drunk in that video, so far we have a shot everytime:

    I Die
    An Alarm goes off
    I use an Aug
    I use a Scope
    I blow something up

    Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    As to your decision for the Airfield Vid:
    If you think you can take her, blow that rusted bitch's cybergoth ass back to the stone age. Geppy needs more love, imo.

    Houn on
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    "I have an important matter to attend to."

    "This important matter is murder."

    <3

    VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Good job on the second bonus vid.

    You should look into increasing your commentary volume, though. Sometimes, it gets lost in the conversations and sound effects.

    Now, if you'll excuse me, Liberty Island has a situation that requires my attention.

    Houn on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Italax wrote: »
    Mr Bubbles wrote: »
    Would it be possible to get a mirror at Google Video or something? Stage6 makes my internet cry.

    Also

    Scoped Kill: 1 shot
    Something explodes: 1 shot

    I'm uploading to Vimeo but it might take a while.


    I'm gonna be so drunk in that video, so far we have a shot everytime:

    I Die
    An Alarm goes off
    I use an Aug
    I use a Scope
    I blow something up

    Every time you refuse to use a medkit/healing item.

    MechMantis on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I wanted orange, it gave me lemon-lime.

    I SPEEELED MY DRIIINK!

    Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I tried to get myself playing this game again after I bought it a few months ago through Steam and promptly gave up after getting myself killed on the first terrorist I found....four times. I actually made it through to Hell's Kitchen tonight without much trouble and I'm having lots of fun, but I need to say, Italax, you don't crowbar nearly enough people in the face.

    Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    Bill CosbyBill Cosby Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    On the big decision
    waste that bitch on the plane and if you can save lebadev.

    Bill Cosby on
  • Options
    StealtharcadiaStealtharcadia Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Haha, man I'm loving this.
    Keep it up, the commentary makes it all worthwhile.

    Stealtharcadia on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Bill Cosby wrote: »
    On the big decision
    waste that bitch on the plane and if you can save lebadev.
    Oh fuck you can save Lebedev? Fuck me

    Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BushmaoriBushmaori Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So can anybody tell what is supposed to happen at this point...
    Okay you know that bitch who has the nano-sword in her place in the Tokyo (I think) level, how is that supposed to go down? The first time I went there she told me to something for her and I went exploring in her house, next thing I know her maid pulls a gun on me and dudes start coming out of the fucking rafters shooting at me, that is when I discovered she was a manipulative whore. What in the hell should have happened if I helped her? I want to know.

    Bushmaori on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Trus wrote: »
    I tried to get myself playing this game again after I bought it a few months ago through Steam and promptly gave up after getting myself killed on the first terrorist I found....four times. I actually made it through to Hell's Kitchen tonight without much trouble and I'm having lots of fun, but I need to say, Italax, you don't crowbar nearly enough people in the face.

    While I'm all for the aesthetic and artistic value of crowbars in the facial area, I don't think it's really possible. It seems like, on Realistic, that if you're that blatant and just run up into somebody's face you get either shot in the head or lose both your legs and get your torso or head into the red.

    freakish light on
  • Options
    Ghandi 2Ghandi 2 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Bushmaori wrote: »
    So can anybody tell what is supposed to happen at this point...
    Okay you know that bitch who has the nano-sword in her place in the Tokyo (I think) level, how is that supposed to go down? The first time I went there she told me to something for her and I went exploring in her house, next thing I know her maid pulls a gun on me and dudes start coming out of the fucking rafters shooting at me, that is when I discovered she was a manipulative whore. What in the hell should have happened if I helped her? I want to know.
    When you go to that place she wants you to go you also find out she's a manipulative whore, and when you go back she's gone. Or maybe JC yells at her and then she leaves, I don't remember exactly. In either case, you have to bring the sword to the Luminous Path because Tracer Tong needs to cure the killswitch for you. I don't think it's possible to proceed otherwise, like the UNATCO defection. You have to fight those guys anyway because the sword is in the secret MJ12 outpost in her house. If it makes you feel better, you can kill her at the end (or tranq her from afar if you're a pansy).

    How does Paul live or die?

    Ghandi 2 on
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So, lets say you totally level up your armor-wearing ability and equip the inviso-vest.

    ..are you completely invisible?

    ...can you crowbar people in the face without them knowing it?

    Remington on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I think that when you use a weapon you become visible.

    Also, on the commentary volume: I noticed that, but I can't make my mic go much higher. All I can do is lower the volume in game and then you guys will have to manually adjust your speakers.

    Also, it looks like we're in for a showdown. Geppy is excited. (Even though I'm not sure I can use her for that fight, the splashback from the rockets is brutal)

    Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Guys guys I have a question
    In Hong Kong, getting the Dragon's Tooth from the evil bitch, is there any way to sneak in? Because even though there are three entrances, they are all covered with lasers and I can't seem to find a thing to disable them

    I'd rather not have to do the whole "funnel them into a corridor and spray with the assault rifle" strategy because it seems a bit classless, quite frankly

    Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
Sign In or Register to comment.