Options

Let's Finish Deus Ex: Why do these scientists know all the passwords?

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yay new video!

I'm very comfortable, thanks.

You should kill that person with guns. The spoiler thing.

Oh, and BTW, you missed the leg aug canister in the warehouse with the generator.
    Man, I kicked SO MUCH ass in that part, I wish I had it recorded. Mowed down the suckers.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yay new video!

I'm very comfortable, thanks.

You should kill that person with guns. The spoiler thing.

Oh, and BTW, you missed the leg aug canister in the warehouse with the generator.
    Man, I kicked SO MUCH ass in that part, I wish I had it recorded. Mowed down the suckers.

I'm gonna get it on the return trip. The video for that part had already gone on too long and I couldn't be bothered to stick around anymore.

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    About Navarre,
    I know it's kinda cheap, you could save before initiating the convo with Lebedev then go through the entire conversation. Once it's over you could load the game and just attach a LAM to the hallway wall leading to the room and have her blow up on her way in. Cheap, but easy and it saves you a lot of health/ammo (only lose 1 LAM!).

Good job so far on the LP, your voice is awesome for it.

Daxon on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well done, sir. But it's pronounced "eh-pit-oh-me". Epitome.

Houn on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Woo, nice job! <3.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    august wrote: »
    Any particular reason why my Deus Ex is on crack?
    Can't even finish a conversation. And I run 200 miles per hour.
    Dual core CPU?

I believe so good sir.

Google "deus Ex too fast." It's a common problem with multiple causes and multiple solutions.

It actually happens with any Unreal 1 engine game, but Deus Ex is the only one of these that anyone actually plays anymore.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Briliant! Want more! Now! ;)

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    This thread has inspired me to start playing DX again for the millionth or so time. So far I've been playing through as a pacifist, which is not what Italax is doing. You call it pacifist, but you really mean non-lethal. Playing through as a pacifist means never using a weapon, ever, and the fact that you can beat the game that way comes as a huge shock to most people.

It's a lot of trouble, but it's all worth it for Gunther's reaction.
    dxhermann.jpg

Bremen on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Do you allow yourself to reprogram turrets to gun down you enemies or?

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Nope! Snuck in Castle Clinton, found the ambrosia, picked the safe, and snuck back out with no NSF the wiser.

Bremen on
  • Options
    Bill CosbyBill Cosby Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Man you missed a small ammo cache in the tunnels. I think it had a emp grenade as a trap but you get some shotty shells and maybe a multitool.

Bill Cosby on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Bill Cosby wrote: »
    Man you missed a small ammo cache in the tunnels. I think it had a emp grenade as a trap but you get some shotty shells and maybe a multitool.

I got that in the next video. Which Stage6 is being a bitch about.

EDIT: Ok, apparently Stage6 has been having the problem I'm having for fucking months. I might upload to Vimeo, not sure yet.

Italax on
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Italax wrote: »
    Bill Cosby wrote: »

I got that in the next video. Which Stage6 is being a bitch about.

EDIT: Ok, apparently Stage6 has been having the problem I'm having for fucking months. I might upload to Vimeo, not sure yet.

Doooo it

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Just got stage 6 working. Apparently all I needed to do was play Folklore for an hour.

I still need to get the mirror up for the last video.

Also, right here and right now I'm saying this, this a spoiler for both the game and how I do the next video so avoid it if you need to.
    I let Lebedev die on purpose. I could have saved him if I shot Anna before his final line of speech or I could have reloaded to show you the full dialogue. I chose to kill him because I think it makes the story feel better. Anna does actually go ahead and execute him, which kind of justifies killing her and it avoids the really lame reason he stops telling you stuff. It just feels like that part was designed for him to die before he tells you everything.

Italax on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    MANS WHERE IS MAH VIDEO I NEED MAH FIX MANS
    GIMME SUM VIDEOS MANS
    PLEAS MANS

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yeah seriously, ever time I see you're the last poster Italax I hope that there's a new video up. You don't know how many times my heart has been thorough crushed by the realisation that there isn't one.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    It's uploading! It just took a while to get stage 6 working.

Did I break your heart again? <3

Italax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    YOU'RE A MONSTER!

But I love you anyway <3

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Italax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Oh god dammit I have to wait way too long to watch this video. DAMN YOU ITALAX. DAMN YOU CLASS.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Again, well done, sir. And I vote Ballistic.

Houn on
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Question for you, why don't you use your stuff to make your life easier? The camera above the door in the first part is an example of an excellent use of a multitool. You're going to max out on stuff soon. The best part of the game is the diversity of ways to complete objectives, and it's not too much fun when you just find the low-tech approach.

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I usually hoard stuff up until 'the twist', then I need to use it anyway. Besides I knew there was a security panel for that camera and I prefer using those.

Italax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    If you say "MAGGOTS" in your next video, I will love you. :D

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Dunno where I can squeeze it in there, but the video after that I'll try :P

God, I'm looking forward to the apartment video.

...fuck it I'm gonna go record it now.

Italax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Dunno where I can squeeze it in there, but the video after that I'll try :P

God, I'm looking forward to the apartment video.

...fuck it I'm gonna go record it now.

If you can get it on Stage6 before this workday is over, I will loves you forever and happily trail behind you in TF2 as your personal medic whenever you want.*

*May not actually keep promises.

Houn on
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »

Oh man.

You should have said "Looks like they're gonna have to glue you back together... IN HELL!" after the scuffle.

Ahhhhhh.

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    TF2 Jokes , always awesome.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    Rentilius wrote: »

Oh man.

You should have said "Looks like they're gonna have to glue you back together... IN HELL!" after the scuffle.

Ahhhhhh.

Ahaha just did that in the intermission 3 video. I MAY be able to get that up for tomorrow, depending on how quickly it uploads and encodes.

Also, I forgot there was a Leg Aug in UNATCO before I started recording and I installed the speed aug. You get no choice in this matter!

Italax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    'Nother vote for Ballistic, I also say that whenever you do the shot drinking video that take a shot whenever you reload the game (if this hasn't be suggested already).

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Daxon wrote: »
    'Nother vote for Ballistic, I also say that whenever you do the shot drinking video that take a shot whenever you reload the game (if this hasn't be suggested already).

I like it. God I am gonna have to retry the apartment video so many times. I have it planned out in my head and in my head it's fucking awesome. No cheaping, no pre-emptive LAMs like in Sunglasses at Night. Just a man, his brother and a GEP gun.

There will be hell to pay.

COMING 2008 TO A LET'S PLAY NEAR YOU!

Italax on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Quick question: is it possible to take a save game from one computer to another? Because I have been playing Deus Ex on my laptop a lot lately but am still only on the first mission on my PC

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yes, just copy the files from the save folder on your laptop and move them to the save file on the install in your computer.

Italax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'm so sorry but I laughed so hard at the part with the ladder, Italax.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    ZanteZante Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Cameras do have to be enabled for the turrets to target enemies. Also, you flared up my asthma making me laugh so hard when you continually fell from the crates.

Zante on
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    the falling from ladders was fun :P Can't wait for the the next episode!

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh my god, I haven't watched the airfield one, and I don't know if anyone suggested this, but oh my god you totally needed to use the LAM strategy to kill Navarre.
    You plant a LAM in the doorway before you run through to talk to Lebedev. Then, when you talk to Lebedev, talk to him from the far corner across the bed to him. During the conversation ,Navarre spawns. Runs into the LAM and dies. Hilarity. All it is is just mid conversation you hear footsteps, a short series of beeps, an explosion and a scream, followed by the sound of wet splattering.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    If It isn't too late, I vote you don't use the ballistic/EM Aug and instead get both cloak and radar transparency later :)

With all the biocells you've been hording it would make you an invisible avatar of destruction.

Also, I don't know if you know but
    if you take out all of the unatco guards with the prod without being detected (as long as no guards see you take out another guard, they stay friendly) you get a special message from Simons once you send the satellite signal. Just more proof that the programers planned for everything.

Bremen on
  • Options
    Bill CosbyBill Cosby Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I was thinking about it and you could easily make 3 videos out of the china level. I'm interested to see how you're going to split all that up.

Bill Cosby on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yes, just copy the files from the save folder on your laptop and move them to the save file on the install in your computer.

Okay um, maybe I'm being stupid or something, but I took my most recent save files and put them on my PC and they didn't work

Does it matter that the most recent save is a quicksave or do I need to copy all my saves over or something?

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET