As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

school me on Docks

mtsmts Dr. Robot KingRegistered User regular
SO i read a lot of people mentioning docks.. such as rocketdock or object dock.

From what i can make out about them, they intrigue me. Tell me why i should be running one on my laptop...then tell me which one

camo_sig.png
mts on

• AndorienAndorien Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    You're the best judge on this kinda thing. Just download one, install it, and see what you think. There's really nothing we can tell you that you can't see within 10 seconds.

Andorien on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Though it took me a while to configure it properly, I am in love with "Object Dock." I have been running for a good couple of years now. The new version of "pro" or whatever they are calling it now, is quite fancy. It uses much less ram, and has nice effects that work well with Vista. When you minimize something, the animation will take it to the dock, for example. Plus it has nice transparency effects. I would consider OD the best 20 bucks I spent on software in a while.

That_Guy on
  • SilvoculousSilvoculous Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I tried out Rocket Dock today. It's a good program but I didn't do any exhaustive tests to see if it was truly better than the free version of ObjectDock because OD works just fine for me. I don't need anything fancy so I didn't bother switching. Both are very good though, and since I'm a fan of totally free software, I would recommend Rocket Dock.

Silvoculous on