As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New harddrive on laptop;Can't get wired internet to work

KealohaKealoha Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So for Christmas I got a new hard drive for my laptop and everything is working fine for the most part. I've got wireless working and all of that, which would be sufficient but my school's service is flaky. My wired isn't working, and from what I can tell, my card is turned off. I don't know why, and the program I have that lets me see that it isn't on doesn't have an option to turn it on.

I can't find any drivers or blah from dell's support to fix it, either. They all seem to be for wireless. Anyone have any ideas? I've got an inspiron e1505, for the record.

!! ! ! !!
Kealoha on

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    link

Took me 15 seconds to find it on the dell site.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    KealohaKealoha Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well, I've downloaded a broadcom one before. With the same description. So, let's see if this one is different, and works.

edit: it does.

Thanks, regardless of how dumb you made me feel. ;)

Kealoha on
    !! ! ! !!