As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How the [edit] do I edit pictures

italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
I used to have adobe photoshop: It was one of those things where my friend uploaded a ton of cool shit onto my computer for the low low price of *wink *wink. Anyway I tried buying a cheap program to edit photos and make pictures for forums, but that program sucked. Is there anything out there that is either $20 or below and worth it or just plain free?

I'm not coloring comic book images: I just want something where I can crop, edit brightness and colors (selectively, like in photoshop). Save images by size/resolution, and possibly edit silly things (like melding a horse's head to my boss' neck).

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
italianranma on

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The GIMP

interface is not great, but most/all the features of photoshop, and free.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I like Paint.net as it's about 10000x easier to use than gimp, but I'm pretty sure it's not as powerful. If you're just doing simple stuff though, this is a great goto program.

Rook on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I second paint.net

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    For those who want the free of the Gimp, but the interface of Photoshop, there's GimpShop. It's a mod of the Gimp that does it's best to convert the interface to be as close to Photoshop's as possible, even to the extent of changing all the terminology used in dialogs and whatnot to match Photoshop's jargon.

The Deliverator on
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Why the fuck would you fucking censor your god-damned thread title? Fuck.

I use The GIMP (main site, Windows version. Another good one is Paint.NET.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Janin wrote: »
    Why the fuck would you fucking censor your god-damned thread title? Fuck.

I use The GIMP (main site, Windows version. Another good one is Paint.NET.

My guess is it was a joke, guy.

tofu on
  • Options
    CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The problem with Paint.net, I discovered after having downloaded it an enjoyed it, was that it doesn't have fucking polygonal lasso. I'm sticking to Photoshop.

Centipeed on
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    If you already own Photoshop, there's little reason to look for a more basic photo editor.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast