As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Somnambulate

12346»

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    mully wrote: »
    i used to suffer from sleep paralysis quite often
    it's less now, thank god, as it is not an enjoyable thing

i dont even know what sleep paralysis is

you wake up and you cant move or what?

it's terrifying

pretty much you are paralyzed and it can start even before you're completely asleep and last till after you wake up

I have it too, and goddamn when I was on pain killers for my wisdom teeth I fucking tripped balls and started seeing shadow people and shit, I couldn't move or scream or anything

fuck

fuck oxycodone

PiptheFair on
  • CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    mully wrote: »
    i used to suffer from sleep paralysis quite often
    it's less now, thank god, as it is not an enjoyable thing

i dont even know what sleep paralysis is

you wake up and you cant move or what?

it's terrifying

pretty much you are paralyzed and it can start even before you're completely asleep and last till after you wake up

I have it too, and goddamn when I was on pain killers for my wisdom teeth I fucking tripped balls and started seeing shadow people and shit, I couldn't move or scream or anything

fuck

fuck oxycodone

D:

what the fuck dude

that sucks

alt Pip reply:
    walk it off pussy

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I hate waking up and finding myself doing things I do at work.

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    apparently one time when i was younger i sleepwalked out into the kitchen and peed in the trash can

and one time my little brother tried to pee into the back of the recliner in his sleep

the wook on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    i just snore if im on my back.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    edited January 2008
    I tend to get a lot of sleep boners.

None so far have turned out to be fatal, but you never know. Every morning is another little gift, you know?

i love the morning salutes.

though i'm just coming out of nut surgery and now i wake up every morning in pain.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2008
    i don't have any sleeping problems

i got woken up by the smoke detector this morning. it's two feet away from my parents' bedroom and yet my dad didn't notice

whereas i got freaked out, put some pants on, and ran up the steps

the battery was just bad, though

Garlic Bread on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I have stupid sleep problems.

Like, it takes me for fucking ever to get to sleep.

Then I wake up every couple of hours.

Unless I'm drunk.

I solved my own problem!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    edited January 2008
    the wook wrote: »
    apparently one time when i was younger i sleepwalked out into the kitchen and peed in the trash can

and one time my little brother tried to pee into the back of the recliner in his sleep

I knew a girls who's little brother used to sleep piss into the ice box

also I once sleep-made my bed when I was 8

2 things are weird, aside from the doing it in my sleep

I had never made my bed and I made it so that my head was where my feet normally were

PiptheFair on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2008
    the wook wrote: »

I knew a girls who's little brother used to sleep piss into the ice box

also I once sleep-made my bed when I was 8

2 things are weird, aside from the doing it in my sleep

I had never made my bed and I made it so that my head was where my feet normally were

i've done that

my mom woke me up for school one day and asked me why i was sleeping the "wrong" way

and i said, "i dunno, i didn't go to sleep that way"

Garlic Bread on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I sleep talk, sometimes yelling. It scares everyone and I find it hilarious

I also sleepwalk occasionally

I used to do it nightly as a kid, I would have adventures while I slept, I am told. Sitting down sand standing constantly, playing with toys annoying the dog, walking a dozen miles and falling asleep in a field. Good stuff

Raneados on
  • QuethalQuethal The Infrequent OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Rane, that totally makes me want to sleep with you just so I can follow and record your adventures, releasing them into a miniseries or something.

This is because I imagine you'd have great adventures when sleepwalking. Shit, if you were annoying dogs at a young age, I figure by now, you'd be so good at sleepwalking you'd be going to Vegas and picking up all sorts of money and girls along the way.

Quethal on
    edited January 2008
    Quethal wrote: »
    Rane, that totally makes me want to sleep with you just so I can follow and record your adventures, releasing them into a miniseries or something.

This is because I imagine you'd have great adventures when sleepwalking. Shit, if you were annoying dogs at a young age, I figure by now, you'd be so good at sleepwalking you'd be going to Vegas and picking up all sorts of money and girls along the way.

fag

PiptheFair on
    edited January 2008
    I JUST WANT YOU TO LOVE ME, PIP D:

Quethal on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008

Double fag.

Poorochondriac on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I think I sleep-spoke last weekend

it was after somebody mentioned the Mac boot camp thingy in a thread that day

and so I had a dream about a computer

and I have a fuzzy memory of half-waking, saying 'murbleh BOOT CAMP' and then going back to sleep

Abracadaniel on
    edited January 2008
    Dumb Hero wrote: »

and I have a fuzzy memory of half-waking, saying 'murbleh BOOT CAMP' and then going back to sleep

I have a friend that does that, only it's like a half of a conversation.

One time, me and another friend were at his house, and he had passed out on the floor when we were watching a movie or something. So he wakes up, or so I thought, turns to me and in a look that I can only describe as a 'wants to fucking ruin you' and says, "OH! So I'm the toast, dancing?"

He promptly fell back asleep. After I realized that he did not in fact want to kick my ass, I turned to the other friend and we both just cracked up for a good 5 minutes.

During the laughing, he woke up again and started singing a auto-body repair companies t.v. jingle.

PiptheFair on
    edited January 2008

Double fag.

I JUST WA

No, nah I don't really want Pooro to love me. I'll stop at double fag.

And, fun fact: both of my serious girlfriends have said the most ridiculous things in their sleep. My ex would deny that she was asleep profusely, to the point where she would say, completely clearly, "Yes, yes, I'm awake, I'll move to bed in a moment." So to show her sleeping self that she was actually asleep, I picked up her arm and let it fall a couple times, saying, "See, you're all limp." She replied with, "But, go limp? Isn't that what I'm supposed to do?"

She was finally awoken by me rolling back and laughing hysterically.

Quethal on
  • BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Dumb Hero wrote: »

I have a friend that does that, only it's like a half of a conversation.

One time, me and another friend were at his house, and he had passed out on the floor when we were watching a movie or something. So he wakes up, or so I thought, turns to me and in a look that I can only describe as a 'wants to fucking ruin you' and says, "OH! So I'm the toast, dancing?"

He promptly fell back asleep. After I realized that he did not in fact want to kick my ass, I turned to the other friend and we both just cracked up for a good 5 minutes.

During the laughing, he woke up again and started singing a auto-body repair companies t.v. jingle.

ahahahahaha, oh man.
    "OH! So I'm the toast, dancing?"
    is the funniest thing.

my boyfriend woke up last night and said "mMMmmm runner" so i asked him 'what?' and he yelled "BRADERUNNER"

we watched bladerunner the other day and we've been talking about it a lot, so i guess it was on his mind, but it made me laugh really hard

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
    edited January 2008
    i have been woken up by my girlfriend a few times because she sleep yells every now and then. the most memorable one was "USE THE GAMEBOY AS A SURFBOARD!"

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    the first time i found out my boyfriend sleepwalks, i was playing a videogame while he was napping, and i took a break to go hug him for a bit. he freaked the fuck out and said something about 'not my nipples', then i calmed him down and held him for a bit, after about 10 minutes he said 'ok i'm done, go away'.

i was laughing really hard, he's the kindest guy when awake but apparently he's a jerk in his sleep. i asked him what he was dreaming about, turns out i startled him while he was being tortured, the guys had been cutting off body parts. 'not my nipples' i must have brushed against them, haha

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
    edited January 2008
    I'm a dick if I'm awoken

I don't know how many people I've told to fuck off or burn in hell

also, I was fucking terrified when my friend did that

like, he looked like I had backed over his grandmother and then squeezed out a brown biscuit in her open mouth or something

PiptheFair on
  • Rampant EntityRampant Entity Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I once got up and sleepwalked into the livingroom while my mom's boyfriend was in there, and I just went up to him and said, "Brian, we need pie. BRIAN, THE PRINCESS. WE NEED THE PIE. FOR THE PRINCESS. PIE. PRINCESS. THE PRINCESS."

Then I just stumbled back into my room.

Rampant Entity on
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I grind my teeth when I sleep. My family thought this was just some thing the dentist was saying to everybody to charge more for a bite-guard, but my... I want to say lateral incisor but will go with vampire teeth are flattened down a bit from doing so. There's actually places in the world where they file them down to this length to help remove animal behavior in people, but San Diego is not one of them

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I sleep talk and sleep make creepy fucking sounds. I've had conversations that I have in dreams aloud, I've at times sat straight up in bed and made weird throat noises, and so on. It's fun though because I don't remember it at all.

Straightzi on