As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Team ICO - The Last Guardian - Out!

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    So what are all of the horse tricks? I've done the one where I stand up, hang to the left, the right... I did the sudden stop and the sudden start. What's left?

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote:
    So what are all of the horse tricks? I've done the one where I stand up, hang to the left, the right... I did the sudden stop and the sudden start. What's left?

As I recall, you can do a Down + X twice (I think, been a while) while running full speed to do a 180.
    You can pet him if you stand near him and press O with empty hand.
    And you can jump on him when he is going fast if you jump at him and hold R1 (or R2, whatever the grab button is) like you're grabbing a ledge. That's all I know about.

• Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    My code wouldn't redeem for whatever reason so no dynamic theme for me. Are they worth it? I quite like my SF3 one.

Maybe I have to wait for my PSN store to update.

But oh man, Ico is still amazing. Except for the combat.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Some new The Last Guardian footage would be great, huh? Hmm, what's that? You've got some?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42nM2KYZiWo

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    There's like 4-6 seconds of actual new footage.

• Options
    You would've preferred nothing?

'Sides, we also heard some more of the soundtrack and more Ueda is more awesome.

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Personally, I find the Trophy arguments silly.

The game tells you at one point to "Press Triangle to Jump". Did that also ruin your immerse experience?

Granted, it would have been slightly distracting to have the jingle play during the "Colossi Fall Down" musical moments, but it's still not something that I would demand be turned off.

I don't like trophy or achievement pop-ups in ANY game. Hell, I don't like trophies or achievements period.
    For people who do like them, that's cool. I just think there should be an option to simply not have them on your profile at all. I think playing an offline profile turns it off for xbox... but then uhh losing all online functionality is stupid. Even steam has them and you have to play offline as well if you don't want them.

It might sound nitpicky, but a simple little option of "OFF/ON" isn't rocket surgery...

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options

'Sides, we also heard some more of the soundtrack and more Ueda is more awesome.

Would be nice to see more after such a long time, but yeah, I guess it's still nice.

Also, have you got your dynamic theme yet? I know we're in the same region, just wondering if AUS/NZ need to wait for the store update.

• Options
    Antihippy wrote:

Would be nice to see more after such a long time, but yeah, I guess it's still nice.

Also, have you got your dynamic theme yet? I know we're in the same region, just wondering if AUS/NZ need to wait for the store update.

What dynamic theme? Did they bundle one in with the game? I imported my copy from the US so won't get it but even if I hadn't, my PS3 is fucked again, so I'll have to wait until it's fixed. Though even when it is, I doubt my copy will have arrived. I ordered the GoW Origins Collection from the same place and it still hasn't arrived, 2 and a half weeks later. Never ordering from there again (CD Universe FYI).

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote:
    can anyone post the list for the trophies of SOTC only?

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/team-ico-collection-shadow-of-the-colossus/trophies/

thanks!

also new question, can we switch the controls? Like I make X my jump button in SOTC. Is that still an option?

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote:
    also new question, can we switch the controls? Like I make X my jump button in SOTC. Is that still an option?

I haven't tried Ico yet, but yes, in this SOTC you can change the controls.

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Wonderful.

I hate that by default it's triangle to jump.

It scared a lot of people away when I loaned it out.

I was just smart enough to change the controls.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Man I don't remember #3 being that hard. Wander was losing his hold in 2 second intervals. I was attached to that giant for like fifteen minutes.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Antihippy wrote:

What dynamic theme? Did they bundle one in with the game? I imported my copy from the US so won't get it but even if I hadn't, my PS3 is fucked again, so I'll have to wait until it's fixed. Though even when it is, I doubt my copy will have arrived. I ordered the GoW Origins Collection from the same place and it still hasn't arrived, 2 and a half weeks later. Never ordering from there again (CD Universe FYI).

When you insert the disc, there will be the typical option to launch the game, but also an additional called Disc Extras just beneath the game launcher. If you highlight that and move the cursor over to the items on the right, you can install the extras, which include 5(?) videos and a dynamic theme for each game.

(edit) I have the US edition. Not sure if other regions handle this differently, but I would assume not.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    Having replayed the first couple hours of Ico (just got to the windmill) I'm reminded of how much I loved this game when I first played it. The castle is such an amazing setting -- not just visually, but because of the way it's laid out and structured. When you get to a vista, look around -- just about every hall and tower and rooftop you see is a place you'll be visiting at some point, or a place you already visited. And most of the puzzles seem integrated logically into the environment.

The shadow things are also still really creepy. When you're fighting them in a brightly-lit area you can actually see through them; I don't remember noticing that the first time through. I also don't remember fighting them being this annoying the first time through, though. Oh, well.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    My extra copy arrived from NewEgg. Since they don't appear to accept returns, I'm putting it up on eBay to make back the amount: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120786365459

If anyone hasn't nabbed a copy yet and is looking to order it at a good price from a reputable buyer, kindly give my listing consideration. It'll be shipped out the day after.

• Options
    Cantido wrote:
    Man I don't remember #3 being that hard. Wander was losing his hold in 2 second intervals. I was attached to that giant for like fifteen minutes.

Seriously, that dude would not go down. Took just as long for me yesterday.

Perhaps you're supposed to
    take out the seal on his stomach first in order to weaken him?

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Thanks to my wife having a birthday (and me buying tickets to NYC in March) I can't afford ICO/SOTC till November. So I officially hate all of you and intend to track you all down, shine my 'sword' on your weak spots and then stab you.

You heard me.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote:
    Thanks to my wife having a birthday (and me buying tickets to NYC in March) I can't afford ICO/SOTC till November. So I officially hate all of you and intend to track you all down, shine my 'sword' on your weak spots and then stab you.

You heard me.

I'm in France till late December so I've got WAY too many games waiting for me when I get back. This, Skyrim, Deus Ex, god knows what else...

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Boohoo, I have an awesome life that does not afford me the luxury of playing video games...:D

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Amazon is matching the Best Buy promotion with the $20 savings for buying two select games.

Not getting as many bites as I'd hoped on that eBay bid. Maybe I should lower it to $30?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I really wish I didn't already own like... all of the games in that deal, or I would have grabbed my copy from Best Buy. (Well, I don't own the GoW PSP remakes, but I have them on PSP and they play just fine soooo)

• Options
    deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    So, any tips on beating ICO in 2 hours? It looks like the super jump does not work in this version... New game + or otherwise...

deathnote666 on
  • Options
    Hot damn, my eBay listing sold. :^:

Now I can open the God of War Collection without fear of returning it and the unopened extra copy.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

Now I can open the God of War Collection without fear of returning it and the unopened extra copy.

" This is a brand new, unopened factory sealed copy of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus for North America. Game is packaged and ready to be sent out immediately! Hurry, copies are selling out across the country!!"

:D Really now.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular

" This is a brand new, unopened factory sealed copy of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus for North America. Game is packaged and ready to be sent out immediately! Hurry, copies are selling out across the country!!"

Everything on eBay is rare and out of print if you believe the listings.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh plunger puzzle.

I will forever loathe and despise you.

• Options
    Lenore03Lenore03 Registered User regular
    edited September 2011

When you insert the disc, there will be the typical option to launch the game, but also an additional called Disc Extras just beneath the game launcher. If you highlight that and move the cursor over to the items on the right, you can install the extras, which include 5(?) videos and a dynamic theme for each game.

(edit) I have the US edition. Not sure if other regions handle this differently, but I would assume not.

I got the PAL version version and that option isnt there on the XMB under the game launcher. There was however a code that came inside the game case.

My code didnt work for some reason. The game's new too.

Lenore03 on
  • Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote:

You heard me.

More like beat your wife.

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote:

People sell things on eBay? Successfully? D:

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Lenore03 wrote:

I got the PAL version version and that option isnt there on the XMB under the game launcher. There was however a code that came inside the game case.

There was a post on the EU Playstation blog saying that due to some sort of fuck up the codes won't be redeemable until the 10th of October.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Cantido wrote:
    Vegan wrote:

People sell things on eBay? Successfully? D:

They do if they know how to properly advertise their stuff, as well as use buzzwords like what I've put.

I've been selling on eBay for years now, and usually turn up a satisfactory amount.

Heck, I sold a copy of Arc Rise Fantasia with the headline "An epic RPG adventure exclusive to the Wii! Grab it while it's hot!".

My hands feel dirty just typing that again.

And to be fair, it did take a little bit of digging to find a copy of Ico/SOTC in Best Buy. They only had about three left.

Probably because they ordered a small amount....but it would be nicer to believe it's selling well, wouldn't it?

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Sony doesn't seem to be into printing large amounts of their HD collections for whatever reason. It took a little work for me to find the Sly collection.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    And to be fair, it did take a little bit of digging to find a copy of Ico/SOTC in Best Buy. They only had about three left.

Probably because they ordered a small amount....but it would be nicer to believe it's selling well, wouldn't it?

My local Best Buy didn't get any copies at all. :( Got the last one at the neighboring Target.

• Options
    cloudeagle wrote:
    Sony doesn't seem to be into printing large amounts of their HD collections for whatever reason. It took a little work for me to find the Sly collection.

There was also only one copy left of the God of War Collection.

Strange.

• Options
    Lenore03Lenore03 Registered User regular
    I'm starting to see why people think the SCEE PSN guys aren't so hot at their jobs.

Ico looks so good.

• Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    Lenore03 wrote:

Same. Was really bummed about it.
    Diarmuid wrote:
    There was a post on the EU Playstation blog saying that due to some sort of fuck up the codes won't be redeemable until the 10th of October.

Got a link?

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    CoercionistCoercionist Registered User regular
    Well, I think I might end up just giving up on the Platinum trophy for SotC. I have everything done except for Hard Time Attack, which would be fine, except for colossus #3.

I don't know what happened during the remake, but they really managed to mess up his stomach area where the vital is. Even the slightest movement from him, including just walking makes you stagger to the point where it's impossible to even good a decent charge stab off. Not only that, but when I jump up to catch on to the middle of the vital sigil, it freaks out and I end up catching on quite a bit above it. Not to mention I've managed to fall through multiple colossi so far.

It's unfortunate to see that it's going to take nothing but luck to even have a chance to defeat the colossus in 5 minutes.

Pokemon Black FC: 3653 9907 8515
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Well, I think I might end up just giving up on the Platinum trophy for SotC. I have everything done except for Hard Time Attack, which would be fine, except for colossus #3.

I don't know what happened during the remake, but they really managed to mess up his stomach area where the vital is. Even the slightest movement from him, including just walking makes you stagger to the point where it's impossible to even good a decent charge stab off. Not only that, but when I jump up to catch on to the middle of the vital sigil, it freaks out and I end up catching on quite a bit above it. Not to mention I've managed to fall through multiple colossi so far.

It's unfortunate to see that it's going to take nothing but luck to even have a chance to defeat the colossus in 5 minutes.

I've heard from a lot of people that Wander seems a lot more prone to staggering due to smaller movements from the colossus now

I'm still making my way through ICO again, so I haven't touched SotC yet myself though