As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Printer disconecting

UncleChetUncleChet N00bLancaster, PARegistered User regular
edited January 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I recently picked up an HP deskjet 7460 wifi printer. It's all configured on my network, both PCs can print to it and I love it. However, it randomly disconnects and reconnects. Is this a problem with the printer or possibly my router? I have a generic linksys 54g that has had issues in the past. Currently signing into PSN on the PS3 it disconnects both PCs from the network, but they reconnect fine.

Is the router in need of replacement or should I return the printer?

I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
UncleChet on

• ZeonZeon Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    UncleChet wrote: »
    I recently picked up an HP deskjet 7460 wifi printer. It's all configured on my network, both PCs can print to it and I love it. However, it randomly disconnects and reconnects. Is this a problem with the printer or possibly my router? I have a generic linksys 54g that has had issues in the past. Currently signing into PSN on the PS3 it disconnects both PCs from the network, but they reconnect fine.

Is the router in need of replacement or should I return the printer?

reflash the router with dd-wrt firmware. Its a bug in the shitty linksys firmware between the router and ps3 thats disconnecting all your other devices. For whatever reason, connecting with the PS3 causes the router to freak out and drop all other connections.

Zeon on
    btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.