As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Of public calendars and outlook

ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
This seams to be something I just can't figure out. I need to schedule a meeting and reserve a conference room as the resource. so I go into my calendar set up the meeting select the conference room as a resource and send the meeting out.

Well the problem I now have is that the conference room calendar does not show the meeting at all.

How do I fix this?

Artoria on

• Options
    tuscloud311tuscloud311 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    you know, i'm no outlook expert, but there is 1 file that always seems to cause problems for me and my company.

FRMCACHE.DAT. This is a file that outlook recreates this file, but it always seems to get corrupt in some way or another. It makes it so you cannot send emails as attachments, and also will not allow you to open re-occuring meetings/events.

Perhaps you should try to delete it. I know not much of the file and it's contents, but i do know that it causes no harm if deleted.

It is located at: C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\FORMS

tuscloud311 on
  • Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    not sure if your setup is the same as mine, but if i edit the calendar in my mailbox, it doesn't show up anywhere but in my calendar.

if i want to schedule something on the shared calendar, i have goto the "Public Folders" and drill down to the calendar that's hosted there. everyone has write access to this calendar.

Djeet on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Sorry I have not replied to this in a while but other things have come up that put this issue on the back burner until today.

the calendar has been there for years. everyone has write access to it.

the procedure they used was...

1. go to their calendar
    2. set up the meeting
    3. invite the participants
    4. go to the conference room and select it as a resource.
    5. send meeting

The meeting appeared in their calendar AND the shared Calendar.

Now it is not doing that. I am not sure why.

Artoria on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Bah. I was going to tell you to set it as the resource. :P I run into this issue a lot at my job.

e: Oh, so now it's not showing up in their calendar?

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    No they do all of the scheduling on their calendar and it shows up. it is not showing up int he shared Calendar that is in public folders even though they select that conference room as a resource.

Artoria on
  • Options
    PirateJonPirateJon Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    To exchange, the resource is just another user account that auto-accepts meetings.

I'd first check for any probelms with that account.

PirateJon on
    all perfectionists are mediocre in their own eyes