Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

SHOURYUKEN! New Deadpool ongoing series announced.

2»

Posts

  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Does...does Dillon know Wolverine wears a mask?

    Because, I mean, it looks like it's just painted on or something.

    SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

    PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

    AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • übergeekübergeek Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    Yeah you see, that's not the Taskamster I've come to know and love, it looks like he's being written as going back to his pre Deadpool days. I thought he was more interesting how Fabian and other writers keeping in line with his viewpoint of Tasky wrote stories about him.

    it's funny because i just read a collection of old avengers stories and the first appearance of taskmaster was in it and he was totally awesome. to show some avengers how badass he was at training dudes, he ordered a bunch of guys to attack him, knocked them all the fuck out and then docked their pay for sleeping on the job.

    Oh no that's the Tasky I know.......I mean the outright murdering and cutting off faces...and the crying like a bitch stuff.

    übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    übergeek wrote: »
    Servo wrote: »
    übergeek wrote: »
    Yeah you see, that's not the Taskamster I've come to know and love, it looks like he's being written as going back to his pre Deadpool days. I thought he was more interesting how Fabian and other writers keeping in line with his viewpoint of Tasky wrote stories about him.

    it's funny because i just read a collection of old avengers stories and the first appearance of taskmaster was in it and he was totally awesome. to show some avengers how badass he was at training dudes, he ordered a bunch of guys to attack him, knocked them all the fuck out and then docked their pay for sleeping on the job.

    Oh no that's the Tasky I know.......I mean the outright murdering and cutting off faces...and the crying like a bitch stuff.

    He never cut anyone's face off; Moon Knight did. As for the crying bit, they needed someone who wasn't a total slouch to get the shit scared out of him to put across how ruthless and scary Marc Spector can get now. I really don't get why that scene was such a big issue considering Taskmaster is still a relative nobody.

    Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Because it was very "Oh fuck he cut someone's face off again" and it was Spector's return to being a total badass.

    Me Too! on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Iroh wrote: »
    I really don't get why that scene was such a big issue considering Taskmaster is still a relative nobody.

    Taskmaster can beat up the Avengers all by himself. He can make Iron Man look like a punk. He kills dozens of Yakuza at a time while spouting witticisms.

    He does not cry like a bitch. That's the issue for me.

    It's like having Speedball beat up a crying Captain America to show how hardcore he is. Or the Hood beating up Tigra while she begs for merc- oh wai

    Munch on
  • übergeekübergeek Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Munch wrote: »
    Iroh wrote: »
    I really don't get why that scene was such a big issue considering Taskmaster is still a relative nobody.

    Taskmaster can beat up the Avengers all by himself. He can make Iron Man look like a punk. He kills dozens of Yakuza at a time while spouting witticisms.

    He does not cry like a bitch. That's the issue for me.

    It's like having Speedball beat up a crying Captain America to show how hardcore he is. Or the Hood beating up Tigra while she begs for merc- oh wai

    Hahaha. I'm not surprised that you understand where I'm coming from since I notice we usually agree on alot of stuff. Do you happen to think Montoya and Batwoman are a sad replacement for Vic Sage and they shouldn't have killed him off? If you say yes I suggest we team up like Blue and Gold and let the hijinks ensue.


    EDIT Also the way it was worded I thought Tasky cut his face off. I stand corrected, and I'm glad that isn't the case. the -only- explanation ass to why Moon Knight can beat him is the same reason he can't beat Deadpool - he's crazy. So crazy and unpredictable that he can't predict the actions of the incoming attacks. So I can accept Tasky beating him up in that case, but the crying doesn't fit at all.

    übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA
    edited January 2008
    übergeek wrote: »
    Munch wrote: »
    Iroh wrote: »
    I really don't get why that scene was such a big issue considering Taskmaster is still a relative nobody.

    Taskmaster can beat up the Avengers all by himself. He can make Iron Man look like a punk. He kills dozens of Yakuza at a time while spouting witticisms.

    He does not cry like a bitch. That's the issue for me.

    It's like having Speedball beat up a crying Captain America to show how hardcore he is. Or the Hood beating up Tigra while she begs for merc- oh wai

    Hahaha. I'm not surprised that you understand where I'm coming from since I notice we usually agree on alot of stuff. Do you happen to think Montoya and Batwoman are a sad replacement for Vic Sage and they shouldn't have killed him off? If you say yes I suggest we team up like Blue and Gold and let the hijinks ensue.


    EDIT Also the way it was worded I thought Tasky cut his face off. I stand corrected, and I'm glad that isn't the case. the -only- explanation ass to why Moon Knight can beat him is the same reason he can't beat Deadpool - he's crazy. So crazy and unpredictable that he can't predict the actions of the incoming attacks. So I can accept Tasky beating him up in that case, but the crying doesn't fit at all.

    actually, taskmaster can imitate moon knight. he prefers not to though, because moon knight would 'rather take a punch than dodge it'

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    Taskmaster was horribly written for moonknight. He was used as a throwaway villain.

    And I don't really know about this. I was hoping that they'd be smart, for once, and have a taskmaster + deadpool ongoing, since they have really good chemistry together when they are properly written.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Does...does Dillon know Wolverine wears a mask?

    Because, I mean, it looks like it's just painted on or something.

    Why does he even bother with that thing? Who doesn't know who Wolverine is? In fact name a single secret or evil organisation who wasn't tried to control/kidnap/experiment on him at one time or another.

    psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    If they can make it more like the earlier Deadpool comics then I won't complain too much. Personally I like the torn and confused Wade we had around the middle of the initial Deadpool run. His conflicts with T-Ray and run ins with Death were fantastic. Someone really should touch on the whole Death thing again, there's a powerful story to be told there.

    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • übergeekübergeek Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Speaking of which, did Thanos ever undo his immortality? I can't seem to remember it getting revoked.

    übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Thanos wasn't letting him die, right? Like, as an ongoing process? Well, he's not exactly in a situation to be keeping an eye on Wade...

    Scooter on
  • übergeekübergeek Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    He decreed that Wade will never die to keep him from Death, so Thanos can have her all to himself, even though she still barely gives him the time of day. I never saw the statement that he's given that up, however Wade didn't really know about his immortality and still -thinks- he can die. At least that's what I gather.

    übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    He decreed that Wade will never die to keep him from Death, so Thanos can have her all to himself, even though she still barely gives him the time of day. I never saw the statement that he's given that up, however Wade didn't really know about his immortality and still -thinks- he can die. At least that's what I gather.

    That was my impression as well. There's a whole lot of things in DPs past that could be revisited to make for a pretty good series. Plus Wade has been pretty crazy and it worked out well.

    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Hahaha. I'm not surprised that you understand where I'm coming from since I notice we usually agree on alot of stuff. Do you happen to think Montoya and Batwoman are a sad replacement for Vic Sage and they shouldn't have killed him off? If you say yes I suggest we team up like Blue and Gold and let the hijinks ensue.

    Yeah, breaking two interesting, compelling characters to make one less interesting, poor-selling one was a terrible decision. Especially since it came on the heels of a lot of Ditko creations (Speedball, Beetle, Creeper) being shit on.

    Munch on
  • übergeekübergeek Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Munch wrote: »
    Hahaha. I'm not surprised that you understand where I'm coming from since I notice we usually agree on alot of stuff. Do you happen to think Montoya and Batwoman are a sad replacement for Vic Sage and they shouldn't have killed him off? If you say yes I suggest we team up like Blue and Gold and let the hijinks ensue.

    Yeah, breaking two interesting, compelling characters to make one less interesting, poor-selling one was a terrible decision. Especially since it came on the heels of a lot of Ditko creations (Speedball, Beetle, Creeper) being shit on.

    In honor of the return Ted Kord, let the hijinks begin!

    EDIT Apparently forumer is a naughty f-word

    übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • gabrielzerogabrielzero Registered User
    edited January 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Wow, that preview is written terribly and drawn awfully.

    It's just bad all around.


    No it isn't.

    I think this book is going to be awesome. 8-)

    gabrielzero on
    Roleplay Adventures <--- If you like to role-play , then this is the forum for you. ^_^
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Wow, that preview is written terribly and drawn awfully.

    It's just bad all around.


    No it isn't.

    I think this book is going to be awesome. 8-)

    this better be sarcasm.

    The Lovely Bastard on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Like I said before, this book looks good for the short term. Seeing an 'alternate' take on a character is nice every once in a while. I personally don't find the art 'offensive', but its not great. I can deal with that.

    All that said, I'm looking forward to the book a little, but still very worried how it's going to turn out.

    Signed - A Deadpool Fanboy.

    Sharp101 on
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I don't like the multiple-personality Deadpool (has he ever had an argument with himself before in any comic? I don't believe so), but if it's a several-issue arc, and then we move on to other writers who have other, better ideas, then I (like Sharp101) am sort of OK with it.

    What happens if I read the first issue and it's total crap, though? Do I stop buying to sort of vote with my dollar, expressing dislike of the book? Or do I keep buying it, because I'm a total Deadpool fanboy, and because if the book doesn't sell, it won't last for more than a few issues, and may never get the chance to become good?

    Delduwath on
  • Don't buy something if you don't enjoy it. I don't think it should matter if you like a character involved if the story is terrible.

    The Geebs That Knows Everything About Animorphs on
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Did we ever get a resolution to the whole Syrin and Deadpool thing? The last I remember was that Deadpool's sometime shapeshifting girlfriend beat the shit out of her/

    noir_blood on
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well, certainly, I don't want to be buying something awful just because in one panel you can kind of see the right hand of a character I like. But I think the issue is a bit more complicated here.

    Deadpool is not a well-known or much-used character. He''s certainly more popular now, after Cable & Deadpool, but he's still not exactly A-list. Which is good. I don't want him to be A-list. I like him being relatively obscure and not appearing on every team in half the books Marvel puts out. But I want him to be in a book, because he's one of my favorite characters (if not the favorite) (when written well), and I want him to be part of my well-balanced comic book diet. So, if there's a possibility of an on-going series with him as the star, I want to buy it because 1) as said, I like the character a whole lot and want to read about him, and 2) I want to support his book, so that said book keeps going. On the other hand, I don't want him to be in a book just for the sake of him being in a book; if the story sucks, or the character is mis-characterized, or whatever else, I don't want to read it or buy it.

    The issue, basically, is this: If Deadpool vol.2 #1 (or whatever) is bad, and doesn't show signs of getting better in the future, do I suffer through crap, hoping that the series survives and becomes better as it goes, or do I not buy it, waiting to jump on when/if it gets better (in which case I'd have to buy back-issues, because I'm stupid and a completist)?

    Then again, my buying it or not buying it alone won't decide the fate of the series...

    Delduwath on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User
    edited January 2008
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Did we ever get a resolution to the whole Syrin and Deadpool thing? The last I remember was that Deadpool's sometime shapeshifting girlfriend beat the shit out of her/

    Not totally, they met again in C&D when they were searching for Cable and they both still seemed to dig each other, but nothing after that. This is the reason I wish the rumor I heard a long while back of Deadpool joining X-Factor was true, but what can you do. I do hope they run into each again.

    kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I read the first issue of Deadpool in Orgin a little while ago. It wasn't too bad. The didn't do much split personality/alternate vision panels much after that preview that was online.

    Plus that last page was awesome.

    Sharp101 on
  • RingoRingo Stardust, Golden Caught in a Devil's BargainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Someone explain to me Siryn's attraction to a crazed mass-murderer with scar tissue for a face/body?

    Ringo on
    ceres wrote: »
    I'm just going to go ahead and lock this thread before I feel any worse about humanity.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG now featured at the Exigency Forum
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ringo wrote: »
    Someone explain to me Siryn's attraction to a crazed mass-murderer with scar tissue for a face/body?

    I don't think there is one, really. She's generally portrayed as slightly fond of him, due to some times he's helped her out of tight scraps I suppose, but not attracted to him at all.

    And yeah, Deadpool actually wasn't half bad in Origins starting exactly where the preview leaves off. Though he doesn't have the yellow speech boxes and that was disappointing.

    JayKaos on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaykaos This is my steam profile. SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • VooshvazoolVooshvazool Registered User
    edited January 2008
    noir_blood wrote: »
    ShimSham wrote: »
    I just want a Joe Kelly Deadpool trade. (they haven't made one that I don't know about, have they?)

    I think there's been like one TPB released of DP(Not counting the cable/deadpool ones) Surprising considering Marvel's penchant to release anything in trade paper back.

    Personally I don't understand why they didn't put out Gail Simone's version.

    I have two Deadpool TPBs--one of an early limited series, and one of the first 5 Kelly comics. It's called _Deadpool: Mission Improbable,_ and it's become ridiculously expensive. But it would be fantastic if they'd put out issues 1-25 of the Kelly run . . . which is where they should have ended it anyway, in my humble.

    Vooshvazool on
    vooshsig.jpg
  • MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I fell in love with deadpool when he was first being run, and now this? Its just really different I'll try it out though see how it goes.

    MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Ringo wrote: »
    Someone explain to me Siryn's attraction to a crazed mass-murderer with scar tissue for a face/body?

    I don't think there is one, really. She's generally portrayed as slightly fond of him, due to some times he's helped her out of tight scraps I suppose, but not attracted to him at all.


    No, there's definitely something there for him. Because he's a scar-faced killer with a heart of gold.

    Okay, she's probably not planning any weddings, but she does see his sweeter side.

    Scooter on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Does anyone remember back when Deadpool had a thing for chewing people's ear off?

    SatanIsMyMotor on
    steam_sig.png
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So I just saw scans of C/DP 49, and I gotta say Fabian's run really grew on me. There were tons of good moments in that issue. I might head over to the store and pick up wolverine origins to see how Deadpool is going to be handled.

    noir_blood on
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Picked up Wolverine Origins #21 today. I think someone said before that the rest of the comic doesn't suck as much the pages that were previewed, and I agree. I didn't hate the comic or its portrayal of Deadpool. However,
    1) I don't really see the point of doing the "inner narrator is distinct from the character on the stage" thing if you're only going to actually do it on like two pages in the whole book.
    2) Likewise, what's up with his warped view of Wolverine on the first few pages? Why don't they show more of that? Why show it at all if it's not used evenly throughout?
    3) I'm used to the C&D Deadpool, now, who's constantly talking (usually about inane things and pop-culture references), and who's funny. The one in Origins is pretty damn silent. So, basically...
    4) this isn't really the Deadpool I know. But I'm willing to tolerate this take on him if the writing picks up a bit.

    Delduwath on
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Ringo wrote: »
    Someone explain to me Siryn's attraction to a crazed mass-murderer with scar tissue for a face/body?

    I don't think there is one, really. She's generally portrayed as slightly fond of him, due to some times he's helped her out of tight scraps I suppose, but not attracted to him at all.


    No, there's definitely something there for him. Because he's a scar-faced killer with a heart of gold.

    Okay, she's probably not planning any weddings, but she does see his sweeter side.
    "It's those Tobey doe eyes!"

    Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.