As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Transformers PHALLA: Game Over [Decepticon Victory]

• telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    It gives a nice target for the opposition vigs I must say though.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Is it normal in a Phalla to have this kind of "I'm Spartacus!" style of stuff happen, or is it fairly uncommon? Because seriously, four reveals? Before Night 1 even ends? Man, I hope some people know what they're doing.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Is it normal in a Phalla to have this kind of "I'm Spartacus!" style of stuff happen, or is it fairly uncommon? Because seriously, four reveals? Before Night 1 even ends? Man, I hope some people know what they're doing.

I've noticied it usually happens more when everyone has a name. People don't do it so much when they just have you're a normal villager as a role.

M.D. on
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Burnage wrote: »
    The problem with vanilla reveals is that it's pretty hard to prove who you are, minus being seered. At least Grimlock has his alternate night kills.

Day one reveals are all about being seered. All it takes for a fake revealer is to gather names of his enemies and he's done his job. That can be done before he's killed off.

I'm banking on the fact that people will see that my reveal is plausible, without being over the top or dangerously crippling to their own team. The fact is, both Autobots and Decepticons are going to die tonight. If there's a chance I can avoid having a special Autobot get killed thanks to my reveal, then I have done my part. Hoping that the Decepticons will accidentally hit one of their own is a fool's errand.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Good gravy. Lots of reveals...can we trust any of them?

Jester313 on
    edited January 2008
    Well, we'll find out about one of them tonight. The others? Who knows...

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2008
    BONESAW IS READY!

Jester313 on
    edited January 2008
    Yes.

Yes it certainly is.

Also, I'm betting there's either going to be zero or at least four more reveals tomorrow. It all depends on how well the gambits work out for the four individuals who've made such bold claims so far.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'll vote !Vote Quorzm as well. He's either a Decepticon trying to connect all the Decepticons or an Autobot trying to lure Decepticons into outing themselves through him.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Also, I'd just like to say, re: the reveals.

Qorzm's move was smart. He was eating a bandwagon and thus sought to at least do his team some good by making that reveal before dying. But I don't think Shamus, thought his through.

yes, Grimlock is awesome but:

1) He's a popular transformer and would be easy to fake-reveal, which gives more people less reason to trust you.
    2) You outed yourself as a special.

Let the revealing be done by the vanilla, no-power Transformers.

How do I know there are vanilla, no power transformers?

Because I am Bluestreak, an Autobot.

And this is where I finally call [size=+5]BULLSHIT.[/size]

[size=+4]Because I'm Bluestreak.[/size]

!retract Qorzm and !vote Romantic Undead

Squashua on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The thing with this game is it isn't a regular phalla. Normally you have alot of villagers and a few mafia. In this one, we have 25 of each side, so there really isn't a village.

This also makes reveals slightly more complicated, since there is no dominant side- technically, we could all reveal ourselves and it wouldn't really matter. The game is going to revolve around "who can kill the other sides' specials off first", and/or "who can avoid killing their own side best", rather than "how fast can the village find the bad guys".

This makes reveals a bit easier, since you can out yourself and not face much in the way of concequences, but infiltrating a network is still a good thing since you can find out what the other side is doing and thus guard/strategize appropriately, and if the group you're infiltrating is REALLY dumb, you get to know who the specials are.

It's also going to mean that tactics are going to be much more important here. Since your side is as big as the other one, last minute voting doesn't have the same concequenecs, for instance, so you'll get much more activity on that front.

Overall, this should be a much more engaging phalla than most, and if one side is more organized than the others we should see the difference right away... and a small tip in the balance could spell assured victory, as early as night 1.

El Skid on
    edited January 2008
    Squash...did you just retract your vote from an outed decepticon in order to vote for someone else you know to be a decepticon? Because if you're really an autobot, I'd like to hear your reasoning for diluting the vote against Q-ball when the sides are even.

El Skid on
    edited January 2008
    Squashua wrote: »

You how I talked about the whole "I'm Spartacus!" thing?

I didn't expect it to literally happen.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    No, I'm Spartastreak

Burnage on
    edited January 2008
    Also, I'd just like to say, re: the reveals.

Qorzm's move was smart. He was eating a bandwagon and thus sought to at least do his team some good by making that reveal before dying. But I don't think Shamus, thought his through.

yes, Grimlock is awesome but:

1) He's a popular transformer and would be easy to fake-reveal, which gives more people less reason to trust you.
    2) You outed yourself as a special.

Let the revealing be done by the vanilla, no-power Transformers.

How do I know there are vanilla, no power transformers?

Because I am Bluestreak, an Autobot.

El Skid wrote: »
    Squash...did you just retract your vote from an outed decepticon in order to vote for someone else you know to be a decepticon? Because if you're really an autobot, I'd like to hear your reasoning for diluting the vote against Q-ball when the sides are even.

I wasn't going to do a reveal this game b/c I'm SICK of dying day 1, but this Romantic Undead bullshit pushed me over.

Why did I change my vote?

Qorzm is Vortex the Combaticon? Someone conventinetly "not TOO close" to the upper echelon of the Decepticons? Really? I'd believe him if he were maybe a Seeker (one of the jets) or Reflector. Vortex is just far enough removed to be on the borderline of believability.

Many do the same thing (reveal to be as "opposite team") in order to get a lot of names from the opposite side.

Meanwhile, Romantic Undead pulls a Bluestreak reveal. No way am I letting him get away with that shit. NO WAY.

Squashua on
    edited January 2008
    Oh my! Two people claiming to be Bluestreak who look like Megatron....

Which one do I shoot?

Jester313 on
    edited January 2008
    I say kill them both.

M.D. on
    edited January 2008
    I wasn't going to do a reveal this game b/c I'm SICK of dying day 1, but this Romantic Undead bullshit pushed me over.

Qorzm is Vortex the Combaticon? Someone conventinetly "not TOO close" to the upper echelon of the Decepticons? Really? I'd believe him if he were maybe a Seeker (one of the jets) or Reflector. Vortex is just far enough removed to be on the borderline of believability.

Many do the same thing (reveal to be as "opposite team") in order to get a lot of names from the opposite side.

Meanwhile, Romantic Undead pulls a Bluestreak reveal. No way am I letting him get away with that shit. NO WAY.

So you originally believed the reveal but changed your vote just because he's pretending to be you?

Okay, I guess. This'll be better when the good-guy network is up and running, of course, but Qorzm revealed himself because he was eating the vote anyway, so I personally think it's a correct reveal, and I haven't heard any decepticons say anything to the contrary. Personally, I think that if you're an autobot you'd be much better off sticking with Qorzm and just saying "bullshit" in the thread, and letting a good vig take him out for you, or outing himself as a liar should you die...

Then again, judging from previous phallas I gather that we never agree on what is "best" to do, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. :P

El Skid on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Both.

It's the only way to be sure.

Seriously on
    edited January 2008
    Fuck

We were supposed to see which one of them suggested that, weren't we?

I ruin everything.

Seriously on
    edited January 2008
    Take us both down; you'll get 1 decepticon. Lolz Seriously.

Squashua on
    edited January 2008
    Wait! I know how to do this! Which Megatron has an evil beard?

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2008
    El Skid wrote: »

So you originally believed the reveal but changed your vote just because he's pretending to be you?

NO, douchenozzle.

I voted Qorzm BEFORE his reveal because he killed me in Fullmetal Phalla. And then I just got on here to see Qorzm's reveal AND the Bluestreak reveal.

PAY ATTENTION.

Squashua on
    edited January 2008
    There's got to be other ways to do this.

TELL US SOMETHING ONLY THE REAL BLUESTREAK WOULD KNOW

Seriously on
    edited January 2008
    Take us both down; you'll get 1 decepticon. Lolz Seriously.

Assuming you're an autobot squash, please be quiet. Because best case scenario you'd get one of each side, worst case you get one autobot special pretending to be vanilla and one vanillager. And I totally don't like those odds.

If you're a decepticon, carry on :P

El Skid on
    edited January 2008
    So since we're all revealing shit, i'm really bluestreak and those two are both filthy filthy hookers.

Seriously though, i'm bluestreak!
    Ok maybe i'm not.

M.D. on
    edited January 2008
    Allright, this is just crazy.

Squash, you know damn well you're lying. I'm sure you think you're real clever, but consider this:

1) YOU'RE sick of dying day 1? Why don't you go back and check how many times I've died day one recently. Yet, despite this track record, I'm putting myself out there once again. Why would I do that? I am making myself a target day 1 again because I believe I can do good for the autobots.

2) You have a reputation for being self-important. You do this stuff all the time, scream and shout and insist you're right and expect your forceful personality to work for you. I urge everyone else not to let Squashua manipulate you this time. He's lying, thinking he can take advantage of my more mild-mannered style of play to manipulate the village. Don't fall for it.

3) Look at my track record. Rend, Shorn Scrotum Man and maybe even a few others will vouch that I come from the "honest player" school of Phalla. I rarely resort to trickery or falsehoods to play these games. Hasn't particularly served me well, but that hasn't changed the fact that no one will find me to be particularly deceitful. Can Squashua say the same?

Final word: I'm not too concerned if I die today. In fact, it might be for the best. If I die, I'll maybe protect Shamus, who (one can hope) is being honest, AND, it will reveal Squashua for being the vile self-important manipulator he is.

Don't fall for it autobots, Squashua cannot be trusted. Vitriol does not make him right.

Romantic Undead on
    edited January 2008
    I don't doubt Squashua is a decepticon at all, it seems like something he would do since he's regularly killed on day 1.

M.D. on
    edited January 2008
    2) You have a reputation for being self-important.

That's low and false. Everyone already knows I'm important.

Squashua on
    edited January 2008
    I'm having a premonition

something...about

pages

30 of them

so many

pages

Seriously on
    edited January 2008
    I don't doubt Squashua is a decepticon at all, it seems like something he would do since he's regularly killed on day 1.

The funny thing is that the sides are 50-50 in this phalla. Regardless of who you claim to come out as, you only improve your odds that you get killed.

Actually, I lie. If you come out as the opposite side, there are 25 other people that (should they believe you), want you alive. If you come out as your own side, there are 24 other people who want you alive.

So I guess that being deceitful does increase your odds slightly, should you be convincing... But making everyone believe you, especially when you have to give a name that's almost certainly in use already, is difficult.

El Skid on
    edited January 2008
    I liked the idea of killing people off if they weren't over a certain post count in the thread for certain days.

M.D. on
    edited January 2008
    Come on Megatrons, let's be calm about this.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2008
    Hey Embarkation, how's it feel to be Bluestreak?

Burnage on
    edited January 2008
    I too endorse the killing of filthy inactives.
    But also Qorzm
    And Squashua

Romantic Undead on
    edited January 2008
    I already hit my quota today, so I'm done. And I have no need to defend myself or denigrate my opponent and his past games like Romantic Undead seemed to need to do. All I need to do is vote the bastard.

Squashua on
    edited January 2008

It's pretty fun, hows it like being Megatron?

M.D. on
    edited January 2008
    I already hit my quota today, so I'm done. And I have no need to defend myself or denigrate my opponent and his past games like Romantic Undead seemed to need to do. All I need to do is vote the bastard.

Unh hunh, we both know who the bastard is here. Thankfully the truth will come out soon enough.

Romantic Undead on
    edited January 2008

It's pretty fun, hows it like being Megatron?

It's tyranically awesome

Burnage on
    edited January 2008
    I think we should all be bluestreak.

Seriously on