As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where do I get Rugby for TV?

TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I was always curious about Rugby since I didn't really know what it was (football without pads was all that I heard). So I watched a few clips and parts of games and... I WANT TO WATCH EVERY RUGBY GAME! I live in the USA, Jersey specifically. Anyone know what I can do about getting a Rugby channel or channels that put on rugby every once in a while? I already have digital cable but I never find any rugby.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
TheLawinator on

• Options
    locomotivemanlocomotiveman Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    These guys seem to be streaming it for the World Cup starting early next month.

http://www.creekrugby.com/

locomotiveman on
    aquabat wrote:
    I actually worked at work on Saturday. Also I went out on a date with a real life girl.

Can you like, permanently break the forums?
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I don't know about NJ, but see if you can get Setanta Sports from your cable provider. They did the Rugby World Cup and seem to have tons of games. Also, Fox Sports World used to have a good number of games on, but I don't know if that's the case anymore.

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    whuppinswhuppins Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Just a little extra info, Fox Sports World dropped all non-soccer programming a couple years ago and became Fox Soccer Channel. They did indeed use to cover rugby but now a lot of their former rubgy programming is found exclusively on Setanta (Cox, my cable provider, carries FSC but not Setanta :( ). Most of the standard dish networks like DirecTV carry Setanta, so it's readily available if you want to spring for whatever package they're selling it as part of.

whuppins on
  • Options
    thanimationsthanimations Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Setanta is the way to go in your home, but if you can find a rugby bar then I'd just that even more. There's nothing like screaming and hollering with a bunch of people in a bar.

thanimations on
  • Options
    LemmyLemmy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

O_o

I hope not, seeing as the World Cup finished in October last year.

Anyway, I think Setanta, like everyone else has said, is probably your best bet.

In a similar vein, there are websites out there that stream games live (they usually run about $100 for a years worth of games, and there's a fair number of them, from Super 14, Heineken Cup games to full internationals, they charged extra for the World Cup games).

Does anyone know about the legality of these sites? I'm at work, so I can't link any of them at the moment.

Lemmy on
  • Options
    JNighthawkJNighthawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    As a slight derailment of the thread (only slight!), what about Aussie Rules Football? I'd love to have a TV channel or a site to download/stream AFL games.

JNighthawk on
    Game programmer
  • Options
    PongePonge Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Do you mean the 6 Nations tournament? (Scotland, England, France, Ireland, Italy and Wales compete against each other)

Normally the BBC show the 6 Nations games, and I know you get some sort of BBC World Service in America, maybe it would be on that?

Alternatively, find a good Irish bar and root on Scotland/Ireland to win it ;-)

Ponge on