As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Comics for 01/16/08

2»

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    you know, for all the people that say they hate Acuna, I never see anyone actually post bad art like they do for Liefeld or Greg Land.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That's because it's all lies!!11!

It's just a different style that some say didn't work well with a fast paced Flash character. His Outsiders covers were great, his Green Lantern issue was great, and Freedom Fighters was fantastic. I wish he had stayed with Flash, and I damn Marvel for scooping him up as an exclusive. So it doesn't really matter now.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2008
    My problem with Acuña was that his style was inconsistent. Some parts of the Flash issues would be pretty realistic looking, and in the next they'd be cartoony. It was off putting.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    you know, for all the people that say they hate Acuna, I never see anyone actually post bad art like they do for Liefeld or Greg Land.

flash234.jpg

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    or this image right here captures pretty much everything I hate about Acuna, I wish I had a full size one

acuna.jpg

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    And his art for that Star Sapphire arc on Green Lantern is even worse than his flash stuff.

20gl3.jpg

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    O_o

While I disagree with your opinion sir, I'll defend to the death your right to express one.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    everything he draws is so smooth, it has no definition. It's like everyone is made of pillows.

and his faces, ugh

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    everything he draws is so smooth, it has no definition. It's like everyone is made of pillows.

and his faces, ugh

agreed

Rans on